Right now the Jets are better!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Re: Right now the Jets are better!

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better!:
    In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : "...  I am quite certain there is a lot going on in the Patriots' offices which is not being divulged to the public and without such information, seems many here think the worst. IE - BBRules opinion the Jets have suddenly become simply "better" than the Pats and we have yet to see the Pats play our their hand fully, including the draft. Posted by agcsbill" agcs, I will add that they have not played on the field. BB is the same guy who wanted TO signed by the Pats. If I remember correctly, he also wanted Westbrook (not as bad an idea, I guess). The Pats did neither of his ideas, so I guess the team will now be doomed.
    Posted by seattlepat70

I wanted the Pats to sign T.O.  I predicted the Pats would sign Westbrook(which is a bad idea).  I guess you would rather have David Patten over T.O.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

What does the trophy look like for being "BETTER RIGHT NOW"? Is it like the Super Bowl trophy only bronze or is it just a banner you can put up?

Right now the Jets haven't backed into the playoffs only to choke in the spotlight AGAIN.
    Right now Jets fans can talk smack because their team is better then the Patriots "right now". How sad that's all Jets fans have to hang their hats on.

Jets= 4 Decades of Futility

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : Played the the Colts pretty tough for 3 qtrs in the AFC championship game.
    Posted by BBRULES23

The Pats demolished the Colts for 3 quarters, and had the lead for 59 minutes.  So what?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : I'm not saying the Jets should be the superbowl favorites next season, but their filling holes and spending the most $$ to build the best team they can.   The problem is with the Pats not fill in many holes.  Brady is still the best QB, but he can't do it alone.  He needs weapons, WR's and TE's.  If fans think the draft is going to be the answer, then they should look at the Past.  The Pats trade down, load up on picks for the next year, and fail to hit on many of those lower picks.  I guess that's why Seau keeps coming back.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Realistically, I'd agree. I just think the team the Pats should be worried about is Miami, not the Jets. Miami seems to have the Jets number as of late because they do the one think Rex's D hasn't quite stopped, a great rushing attack... Jokingly, it seems to be a great way to negate Revis as well... can't INT your QB if yoru QB doesn't need to throw and who exactly is the #1 that Revis 'takes away' on Miami... nice advantage when all of your WRs are reasonaby 'average' that Revis is basically playing 'down' to someone who might not even get thrown the ball anyway... Miami basically runs well even when you know it is a run, so nothing the Jets did really helps with that aspect. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : If your going to respond to my post, then how about reading them first.  As I said before, Brady can't do it alone, he needs weapons.  You know, those guys that run routes and catch the ball.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Its hard having a HOF WR named Randy Moss to throw too.....  Who do the Jets have ?  Dustin Kellen !!!!!

BBRULES23 do you know what your talking about ? Or are you Leons special friend stiring the pot for kicks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Cromartie is not the sort of player the Patriots would bring in here... too much baggage. I give the edge to the Jets CB's and LB's though the Patriots have the best overall LB in Mayo. But those areas can be strengthened before the season so no way Jets pass us though I will admit they are going to be tough to throw against.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : Its hard having a HOF WR named Randy Moss to throw too.....  Who do the Jets have ?  Dustin Kellen !!!!! BBRULES23 do you know what your talking about ? Or are you Leons special friend stiring the pot for kicks
    Posted by hoyle

The Hall of Fame doesn't catch passes.  Nor does it block, or run good routes, or try hard on every play.  Randy Moss AT THIS TIME IN HIS CAREER does not overly impress me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Not really fair to say considering: The Jets are only better at cornerbacks, linebacker, defensive ends, defensive tackles (with 1 nosetackle being pretty even), special teams (except 1 kicker for NE, but not punter...that goes to NY), offensive line, runningbacks, and each and every tight end with both teams and perhaps NE barely edging them out at safety and wide reciever (unless the Jets sign their free agent wrs, and with welker injured...then it's the jets hands down).  The Pats have a better QB and Head Coach (but not ALL coaches...which goes back to the jets). 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

The Jests have 1 RB on the team right now...Green....I can't see how he is better than what the Pats have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : Its hard having a HOF WR named Randy Moss to throw too.....  Who do the Jets have ?  Dustin Kellen !!!!! BBRULES23 do you know what your talking about ? Or are you Leons special friend stiring the pot for kicks
    Posted by hoyle

I'm not a Jets fan, just a Pat fan that prefers to leave his blinders off. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : I'm not a Jets fan, just a Pat fan that prefers to leave his blinders off. 
    Posted by BBRULES23

Come on Leon give it a rest !!! your a troll through and Through

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : The Jests have 1 RB on the team right now...Green....I can't see how he is better than what the Pats have.
    Posted by m1021us

~Look m1021 and ALL...

~I never said that the Jet's were the better game day team, BUT make ZERO mistake, The NY Jets have better players than NE as of right now at More Positions...  Sorry, to mess with anyone's delusional notions of how awesome NE looks, but it is what it is.  BUT that does NOT mean jack when it comes to putting it all together for a great season...yet it sure makes things easier.

Jet's #1 running offense in the entire NFL (I believe)- Meaning: Good line and good backs.  So Runningbacks...Although Thomas Jones going elsewhere will hurt, Leon Washington back from injury and Shonn Greene with Tony Richardson as FB are STILL better than Lawrence Maroney and a stable of geezers...

Let's see... Wide Receiver.  What did I call that about even UNLESS NY signs all heir free agent wideouts.  Cotchery, Clowney, Braylon Edwards and the emergence of Brad Smith, oh and Dustin Keller- KILL 34 year old-or-so Moss, then a guy who's showed 1 maybe 2 games of flashes of Welker-esque abilities in Edelman, but man, he'll just be a 2nd year player converted college QB (make NO mistake, I'm hoping and thinking he was an insanely good selection, who WILL work).  THEN, after a 2nd year guy and a HOF wr who's slowing down in his 30's and who's mainly a deep-threat to extend a Defense and so is extremely limited in his routes, overall looks, and his catches, As Moss is not at all is an over-the-middle possession receiver or anything within the short field (although at end of year NE worked a couple novel routes in outta desperation with Wes out)...  So THEN we go Brandon Tate and Sam Aiken...wow!  
         AND yea, yea...Tate will be a phenom.  Proof of this projected 5th-6th rder, but drafted in the 3rd-injury prone (double tear and at least 1 head injury while at NC) but very productive in his first 2-3 years in COLLEGE wide reciever being even a starting #2 wideout, let alone a good one that's completely recovered from his multiple knee tears remains to be YET seen at all so far (btw, his very BEST trait wasn't his blazing speed, his sure-hands, and his great routes...all are o.k., but not spectacular-  Tate's formerly best trait, was his excellent cutting and first quick steps off the line along with a fearlessness over the middle-So his head injury and knee tearS should do great for this).  AND Sam Aiken sux.  ADVANTAGE: Jets

And what else did I say that's incorrect?  O-Line?  Think of this point when I list off the NY Jets lineman:  Even for decently studious NFL fans, NFL O-Lineman on teams OTHER than the one they follow, are a freakin' afterthought.  YET, I know ALL the Jet's #1 league rushing O-Lineman:  D. Ferguson, A. Faneca, N. Mangold, M. Slauson/B. Moore, and D. Woody (Woody's kinda old now though, I believe).  
         BUT NE's line of multiple Probowlers IS aging themselves.  N Kazur (a: 31 before season start), S. Neal (a: 33), D. Koppen (a: 31 in Sept), M. Light (a: 32 before season start), L. Mankins (a: 28 before season start).  So are you kidding me that Mankins is the ONLY one even in his late 20's, ONLY guy NOT PAST 30 years old?  And trust me, I believe Ohrnberger, Connoly, and just maybe Levoir and Wendell, But dear god yes on Vollmer- DO have a bright future, BUT so far the sum total of a very old O-Line but with crazy bright spots in Mankins and Vollmer, Do NOT trump NY's O-Line...sorry.  

So what else?  Defensive line...  NY Jets: Shaun Ellis, Kris Jenkins, then M Devito and M Douglas (who are they right?  7 sacks and 8 sacks last year in a 3-4 D-Line).  With Gholston (bust) and Matt Kroul bolstering the line in a 4-3 Defense.  NE has who?  Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork.  I'll take Ellis and Jenkins better all-around game...sorry.  After that, you're giving me Tully (excellent year, but singular as a nominal pass-rusher-and about as good as NY's bad D-Lineman in their pass-rush), Then Jarvis Green=Probably gone in free agency and Mike Wright.  Yea, Myron Pryor and Daryll Richard look good, BUT this victory goes to the Jets D-Line... 

Linebacker?  Let's see, NE has Jerod Mayo as rookie of the year, but BOTH he and Guyton took a step backwards this past season.  THEN NE has Pierre Woods (awful), Shawn Crable (injured), and people want to get high on Tyrone McKenzie a 6'1 243 lb rookie coming off an ACL tear or something...that's great.  NY has Bart Scott, David Harris, Calvin Pace (already included Gholston), then as a weak link wih 12 sacks last year, NY has Bryan Thomas.  Linebackers=Jets.

Special Teams?  Better Punter, Better kick returner, and better punt returner (with Welker out).  Overall NY Jets Special Teams rank: 5th.  NE Special Teams Rank: 16th.  AND with NE's 10 year special teams guru who did wonders, GONE as of last year in Brad Seely gone to Cleveland, who btw- Cleveland Rank for Special Teams with Seely last year...yup, #1 in the NFL...  EVEN having the Ghost as a ridiculously good kicker, does NOT give NE the edge over NY.  

~FINAL TALLY:
    QB and Head Coach...oh, and Safety Corp and 1 kicker= New England Patriots.  ALL else= New York Jets.  Sorry for reality check people.  BUT again, I will re-emphasize, That this doesn' mean ANYthing come game-day TEAM performance...yet again: It SURE helps.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

LOL!  It is very difficult to take Larz serious.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : I'm not saying the Jets should be the superbowl favorites next season, but their filling holes and spending the most $$ to build the best team they can.   The problem is with the Pats not fill in many holes.  Brady is still the best QB, but he can't do it alone.  He needs weapons, WR's and TE's.  If fans think the draft is going to be the answer, then they should look at the Past.  The Pats trade down, load up on picks for the next year, and fail to hit on many of those lower picks.  I guess that's why Seau keeps coming back.
    Posted by BBRULES23

And the Jests may just be putting them in future cap hell.....Chicago might be doing the same.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : I'm not a Jets fan, just a Pat fan that prefers to leave his blinders off. 
    Posted by BBRULES23

Sometimes leaving the blinders off makes people blind......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

None of this takes into account the eternal truth that Green New Jersey has blown, blows, and will continue to blow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"LOL!  It is very difficult to take Larz serious.....".

Catch me at the Fen- with my O.G.'s at a Red Sox game; I can make the Sox hat mo' famous than Big Papi can; You should know dat' I bleed Pat's red, but I ain't no Blood though, Still I got a gang a' clips walkin' with my clique though; Could tell ya'll 8 million stories, though half you couldn't take it, Of tales's so sick I trully couldn't fake it; But dese' days I sit back & throw plugs a' rhymes that'll blow-your brain; Like If Jesus payin' Tony Dung-, I'm still payin' for Tommy Brad- 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

None of this takes into account the eternal truth that Green New Jersey has blown, blows, and will continue to blow.

So did the Red Sox pre 2004 and so did the Pats pre 2001.

The amount of denial on this thread is hilarious.  The Jets have a better roster than the Pats, that could change through the draft but if your relying on history than you are getting desperate.  Losing Jones will hurt but having the best O-line in the league will soften the blow.  The Cromartie addition is very good.

Be real, currently the Pats have 1 WR(with Welker out) and 0 RB who would start for any other team in the NFL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Its March 8th - four days into free agency and a month from the draft.  Get a grip. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Its March 8th - four days into free agency and a month from the draft.  Get a grip. 
    Posted by 123meg

Tell me about it.....the people making this analysis this time of year are over reacting....AGAIN!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i'm not worried, actually gayton manning showed the rest of the league how to shut down the jests defense in the AFC championship game, he did everybody a big favor.

and their run game didn't show up either. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Right now the jets qb is recovering from knee surgury

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Right now the Jets are better! : ~Look m1021 and ALL ... ~ I never said that the Jet's were the better game day team, BUT make ZERO mistake, The NY Jets have better players than NE as of right now at More Positions...  Sorry, to mess with anyone's delusional notions of how awesome NE looks, but it is what it is.  BUT that does NOT mean jack when it comes to putting it all together for a great season...yet it sure makes things easier . Jet's #1 running offense in the entire NFL (I believe)- Meaning: Good line and good backs.  So Runningbacks ...Although Thomas Jones going elsewhere will hurt, Leon Washington back from injury and Shonn Greene with Tony Richardson as FB are STILL better than Lawrence Maroney and a stable of geezers... Let's see... Wide Receiver .  What did I call that about even UNLESS NY signs all heir free agent wideouts.  Cotchery, Clowney, Braylon Edwards and the emergence of Brad Smith, oh and Dustin Keller- KILL 34 year old-or-so Moss, then a guy who's showed 1 maybe 2 games of flashes of Welker-esque abilities in Edelman, but man, he'll just be a 2nd year player converted college QB (make NO mistake, I'm hoping and thinking he was an insanely good selection, who WILL work).  THEN, after a 2nd year guy and a HOF wr who's slowing down in his 30's and who's mainly a deep-threat to extend a Defense and so is extremely limited in his routes, overall looks, and his catches, As Moss is not at all is an over-the-middle possession receiver or anything within the short field (although at end of year NE worked a couple novel routes in outta desperation with Wes out)...  So THEN we go Brandon Tate and Sam Aiken...wow!        AND yea, yea...Tate will be a phenom.  Proof of this projected 5th-6th rder, but drafted in the 3rd-injury prone (double tear and at least 1 head injury while at NC) but very productive in his first 2-3 years in COLLEGE wide reciever being even a starting #2 wideout, let alone a good one that's completely recovered from his multiple knee tears remains to be YET seen at all so far (btw, his very BEST trait wasn't his blazing speed, his sure-hands, and his great routes...all are o.k., but not spectacular-  Tate's formerly best trait, was his excellent cutting and first quick steps off the line along with a fearlessness over the middle-So his head injury and knee tearS should do great for this).  AND Sam Aiken sux.  ADVANTAGE: Jets And what else did I say that's incorrect?  O-Line ?  Think of this point when I list off the NY Jets lineman:  Even for decently studious NFL fans, NFL O-Lineman on teams OTHER than the one they follow, are a freakin' afterthought.  YET, I know ALL the Jet's #1 league rushing O-Lineman:  D. Ferguson, A. Faneca, N. Mangold, M. Slauson/B. Moore, and D. Woody (Woody's kinda old now though, I believe).        BUT NE's line of multiple Probowlers IS aging themselves.  N Kazur (a: 31 before season start), S. Neal (a: 33), D. Koppen (a: 31 in Sept), M. Light (a: 32 before season start), L. Mankins (a: 28 before season start).  So are you kidding me that Mankins is the ONLY one even in his late 20's, ONLY guy NOT PAST 30 years old?  And trust me, I believe Ohrnberger, Connoly, and just maybe Levoir and Wendell, But dear god yes on Vollmer- DO have a bright future, BUT so far the sum total of a very old O-Line but with crazy bright spots in Mankins and Vollmer, Do NOT trump NY's O-Line...sorry.   So what else?  Defensive line ...  NY Jets: Shaun Ellis, Kris Jenkins, then M Devito and M Douglas (who are they right?  7 sacks and 8 sacks last year in a 3-4 D-Line).  With Gholston (bust) and Matt Kroul bolstering the line in a 4-3 Defense.  NE has who?  Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork.  I'll take Ellis and Jenkins better all-around game...sorry.  After that, you're giving me Tully (excellent year, but singular as a nominal pass-rusher-and about as good as NY's bad D-Lineman in their pass-rush), Then Jarvis Green=Probably gone in free agency and Mike Wright.  Yea, Myron Pryor and Daryll Richard look good, BUT this victory goes to the Jets D-Line...  Linebacker ?  Let's see, NE has Jerod Mayo as rookie of the year, but BOTH he and Guyton took a step backwards this past season.  THEN NE has Pierre Woods (awful), Shawn Crable (injured), and people want to get high on Tyrone McKenzie a 6'1 243 lb rookie coming off an ACL tear or something...that's great.  NY has Bart Scott, David Harris, Calvin Pace (already included Gholston), then as a weak link wih 12 sacks last year, NY has Bryan Thomas.  Linebackers=Jets. Special Teams ?  Better Punter, Better kick returner, and better punt returner (with Welker out).  Overall NY Jets Special Teams rank: 5th.  NE Special Teams Rank: 16th.  AND with NE's 10 year special teams guru who did wonders, GONE as of last year in Brad Seely gone to Cleveland, who btw- Cleveland Rank for Special Teams with Seely last year...yup, #1 in the NFL...  EVEN having the Ghost as a ridiculously good kicker, does NOT give NE the edge over NY.   ~FINAL TALLY: QB and Head Coach...oh, and Safety Corp and 1 kicker= New England Patriots.  ALL else= New York Jets.  Sorry for reality check people.  BUT again, I will re-emphasize, That this doesn' mean ANYthing come game-day TEAM performance...yet again: It SURE helps.   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Well you summed up the point I was trying to make about the Jets having the superior roster much better than I could.   But like I keep saying, if the Pats could just make some serious moves, then I would give the edge back to the Pats simply because of Brady.  If the Pats keep things status quo and just go after some old bums nobody wants and trades down rather than up, then Pats fans better not expect another AFC East title, or even playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

None of this takes into account the eternal truth that Green New Jersey has blown, blows, and will continue to blow. So did the Red Sox pre 2004 and so did the Pats pre 2001. The amount of denial on this thread is hilarious.  The Jets have a better roster than the Pats, that could change through the draft but if your relying on history than you are getting desperate.  Losing Jones will hurt but having the best O-line in the league will soften the blow.  The Cromartie addition is very good. Be real, currently the Pats have 1 WR(with Welker out) and 0 RB who would start for any other team in the NFL.
    Posted by mynameisAugustWest

Yes, losing Jones will hurt.  But here is the big problem, I have no doubt the Jets will pick someone up!!!  And it won't be some injury prone has been, they will either pay for a couple of decent FA, or even trade up and maybe land C.J. Spiller. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dandex13. Show dandex13's posts

Actually, I think you meant the Dolphins wiill surpass the Pats as they are the better team not the Jets......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I can't say that the Jets are the best team in the AFCE, but what I do know is that the Pats are not. All we've done so far is resign our own guys this FA, and with those guys we went 10-6 and earned a first round exit in the playoffs. All that has to be toppled with the fact that besides INDY and NO-- Both teams bested us-- The Pats didn't face any really good teams, and their most productive receiver-- WW-- might be out for the first 6 weeks of the season.

We've done nothing that makes me feel we can contend next season with the competition we will face-- Vikes, Steelers, Indy, Ravens, Bears (Peppers), GB.
    Like it or not, NE can't be considered an elite team or better than the Jets until they fix some holes. If we had to face those teams right now, we would be 0-6, and that's not counting facing the Jets and Phins.