R.I.P. 2009 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

R.I.P. 2009 Season

Accomplishments from last night:

1) The Pats just clinched Indy getting home field throughout the playoffs. 
    2) The Pats proved they can't beat the Colts in Indy.
    3) The Pats haven't beaten a top tier NFL team since 2007. We only beat the dregs of the NFL.
    4) Belichick admitted on national TV that his defense is completely useless.

It's just one loss, but I don't see any possible way the Pats save this season.  Even if they go 11-5 and make the playoffs, they can't beat playoff teams, they can't stop anyone on D, and they can't beat Indy.

Best case scenario is they are one and done in the playoffs.  Worst case, Miami is AFC East champs again, and the Pats don't even get the WC.  It's not that unlikely after last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season

Thanks for jumping off the bandwagon so quickly. Glad to see we have so many Pats "fans" on here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bye John!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

This type of loss has deep wounds to team psyche.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    Posted by PuntonFirstDown

Maybe to a team like the Jets or some other bottom feeder. But not the Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    Accomplishments from last night: 1) The Pats just clinched Indy getting home field throughout the playoffs.  2) The Pats proved they can't beat the Colts in Indy. 3) The Pats haven't beaten a top tier NFL team since 2007. We only beat the dregs of the NFL. 4) Belichick admitted on national TV that his defense is completely useless. It's just one loss, but I don't see any possible way the Pats save this season.  Even if they go 11-5 and make the playoffs, they can't beat playoff teams, they can't stop anyone on D, and they can't beat Indy. Best case scenario is they are one and done in the playoffs.  Worst case, Miami is AFC East champs again, and the Pats don't even get the WC.  It's not that unlikely after last night.
    Posted by John413

No fan is more disappointed with this loss than me, but I think I'll wait a little bit longer before I decide to chuck the whole season. It's a good thing coach and the players don't think like this guy. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, John!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It was a tough loss, but dispite the loss, I thought the Pats played very well.  A tough fumble.  A bad interception.  A bobbled catch.  Take 1 away and the Pats win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

WOW.  I'm stunned John.  You missed the following-  We manhandled them all game.  They are one of the two best teams in the NFL, and know us well.  They were at home, and on a Sunday night.  If you think its RIP 2009, go pop in some tape on 2001 2003 and 2004.  I hated losing, was stunned at how fast it turned, and dismayed by what seemed like the Pats getting soft or relaxed with a big lead, but certainly it doesnt mean we can't beat the Colts, just that we didn't.  One and done in the playoffs?  I think not.  We need to shore up some things, but we did a good job, and with alot of starters out.  As far as homefield advantage, ok.  We blew that.  But homefield doesnt mean you win.  Just that you have an advantage.  Who knows? SD may end up going to Indy and blowing them up again.  It's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Posted by PuntonFirstDown

I dont agree with that.

This team played very good last night, but did not play 60minutes.

Hopefully this yound D can learn from this.  But this will not effect the team as a whole.

I find it hard to believe that Brady and Co. lost any confidnece in themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

I'm glad you all believe in our defense, because Belichick sure as sh-t doesn't. 

He doesn't trust them to do anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

P.S. To underdogg-  Good win, and THAT is the reason I hate Peyton Manning.  Dang, he will hurt you every time if you leave that door open a crack.  So, enjoy, your guys earned it.  See you again soon, I think.  Hope last night scared you a bit, at least.  Dancy Pants pulled it off, though.  BTW, your coach is the scariest dude I ever saw.  I thought he was actually dead for most of the game, ala "Weekend at Bernies".  Downright creepy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

This is the best thing that ever happened to the Pats.... get them back to their "underdog" status (regardless if they win out!)  ha ha...

Well after about 12 hours I'm feeling better.  Hard loss - yes.  But come on - this is one of the best teams in the NFL - it is FAR from over. 

Bring on the Jets!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Sick of hearing the defense was gassed.......get some conditioning.
    Not like they stopped much at the end of the game.
    Defense better figure out how to get to QBs........Peyton threw at will......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

John... not true.  He understood that Manning found something he liked, and that if he never took the field again, it wouldn't be an issue.  It says he had alot of confidence in Offense to get those yards.  And with good reason.  Just didn't work this time.  You are quick to call the end of the world.  It's really not.  Remember the horrible halloween loss to the steelers when we lost ty law?  And the playoffs we met them again?  Alot of your type talk was floating around after THAT loss.  We pick up the pieces, and get ready for the JETS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I don't get why the decision to go for it means that BB didn't trust his own defense. I think if anything, it means that he trust both his offense and defense greatly. He must be thinking, well, it is two yards, my offense can do this, and if they for some reason don't convert the 4th down, our defense will stop them.

I think punting means that you don't have confidence in your offense to get two yards, and you think that you need that long field to help your defense. That to me is neither trusting your offense nor your defense. You can obviously say, well, if not going for 4th and 2 is not having confidence in your offense, then the Pats should always go for 4th. However, this is not your normal 4th down, this one can win the game. If this happens in the 1st quarter, 4th and 2, you obviously wouldn't go for it since it will simply get you a first but doesn't guarantee you a win. I wasn't surprised that they went for it, I was more surprised that they didn't convert. It was a bad call anyway, he never bubbled the ball.

It is how you look at it honestly. I have no problem with the lost, it is tough, but I know that deep down inside we had this win. And if this is playoffs, they would probably have finished them off. That fumble at the 2 was the worst of all.... he wasnt even hit hard. And if anything, so many bright spots for us. Left tackle of the future is in our hand, to go with our young secondary who came up big til the end. One play doesn't cost the season man, not when you are 6-3.

Also, I honestly rather play at Indy in the playoffs. Foxborogh would be freezing and it can't be a good thing for our pass first offense. I rather play a shoot out, and the better offense, which is us, should win. Crowd noise is also overrated, Brady plays better on the road so far this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

ummmmmmmmmm the season is far from over..... we will win our division and be in the playoffs. when we get there we need to be playing our best football.... which isnt at all out of the question

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

History Lesson:  We won our 3 titles with great D, ball control O, and Brady's magic.  Those days are LONG GONE.  Our D is a joke, we've had no running game for years, and we need Brady to throw for 600 yards to have a chance to win.

The Pats' game plan every week is for Brady to throw on every down.  When we get ahead, we can't even control the clock, because all we can do is throw the ball.  Our talent is Brady-Moss-Welker and an O-line that can only pass block.  Everyone else is average, a scrub, a tweener, or a project.

If we had any shred of a running game, or any shred of a defense, we win EASILY last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Also, to add to it. Good teams don't lose to the same team back to back. I rather get our loss in here instead of in the playoffs. I will take that 2007 week 16 win over the Giants and trade that for the SB win anyday. Regular season means nothing, and there is no home advantage in SB anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

brady didnt need to throw for 600yds last night and we "had a chance to win"......... this is all such nonsense.... the patriots are still elite and a clear contender

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

History Lesson:  We won our 3 titles with great D, ball control O, and Brady's magic.  Those days are LONG GONE.  Our D is a joke, we've had no running game for years, and we need Brady to throw for 600 yards to have a chance to win. The Pats' game plan every week is for Brady to throw on every down.   When we get ahead, we can't even control the clock, because all we can do is throw the ball.   Our talent is  Brady-Moss-Welker and an O-line that can only pass block.   Everyone else is average, a scrub, a tweener, or a project. If we had any shred of a running game, or any shred of a defense, we win EASILY last night.
    Posted by John413

Yea, but Indy had neither a running game nor a defense. It shows that you don't need those to win. Would it be good to have those? sure, but hey, it is hard to have a perfect team that is good at everything. Plus I don't think our defense is bad at all, for a group that is pretty much put together for the first year, they are pretty decent. Come playoffs time they would be much improved from now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    Accomplishments from last night: 1) The Pats just clinched Indy getting home field throughout the playoffs.  2) The Pats proved they can't beat the Colts in Indy. 3) The Pats haven't beaten a top tier NFL team since 2007. We only beat the dregs of the NFL. 4) Belichick admitted on national TV that his defense is completely useless. It's just one loss, but I don't see any possible way the Pats save this season.  Even if they go 11-5 and make the playoffs, they can't beat playoff teams, they can't stop anyone on D, and they can't beat Indy. Best case scenario is they are one and done in the playoffs.  Worst case, Miami is AFC East champs again, and the Pats don't even get the WC.  It's not that unlikely after last night.
    Posted by John413

if you wanna give up and complain like a little girl go join a WNBA forum, obviously one game doesnt define the entire season. The pats went undefeated in 07' and didnt win the super bowl, i rather them go through some bumps and bruises now instead of in January.

I still believe in the pats, if you dont, then dont bother posting comments.

lol what a little B*itch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Tough loss. Great job by the Colts for finishing the game. Something that the Pats should have but didn't do.
    Glad to see that so many are exposing themselves as front running badwagon jumpers. Don't sprain an ankle on the jump off. It will make it tougher for you to look "diehard" again in a few weeks when the Patriots make a run in the playoffs.
    Nice win by Indy. I'm looking forward to round two in January.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

I'm looking forward to round two in January.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

You're talking about golf, right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season : You're talking about golf, right?
    Posted by John413

No. You've already shown that you don't have the balls for golf either.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

I still believe in the pats, if you dont, then dont bother posting comments. lol what a little B*itch
    Posted by Patsfan24-7

From your moronic comments, it sounds like all you believe in is touching little boys. 

Your nick should be "Level3SO-247".

Sections
Shortcuts