R.I.P. 2009 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WILLWILSON-NC. Show WILLWILSON-NC's posts

Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season

In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    What does a regular season game have to do with the playoffs?  No NFL team has ever beaten a team in the playoffs that defeated them in the regular season? Is the season back on if they beat the Saints? Other than that, a very rational post.
    Posted by tojo

I guess the Pats losing to the Rams in the '01 regular season and then beating them in the Super Bowl doesn't count? Or the Pats losing to the Steelers in the '04 regular season and beating them for the AFC Championship. Great job on the research!

This Patriots team is going to do great things and can play with anyone in the league. Why is everyone worrying about chasing the Colts? They won't last long in the playoffs with poor defense. A first-round bye is still very much in the cards for the Pats. They will be just fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    Accomplishments from last night: 1) The Pats just clinched Indy getting home field throughout the playoffs.  2) The Pats proved they can't beat the Colts in Indy. 3) The Pats haven't beaten a top tier NFL team since 2007. We only beat the dregs of the NFL. 4) Belichick admitted on national TV that his defense is completely useless. It's just one loss, but I don't see any possible way the Pats save this season.  Even if they go 11-5 and make the playoffs, they can't beat playoff teams, they can't stop anyone on D, and they can't beat Indy. Best case scenario is they are one and done in the playoffs.  Worst case, Miami is AFC East champs again, and the Pats don't even get the WC.  It's not that unlikely after last night.
    Posted by John413

Wow, another idiot bandwagon fan!   Wahoo!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

IGoon Response to R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    Accomplishments from last night: 1) The Pats just clinched Indy getting home field throughout the playoffs.  2) The Pats proved they can't beat the Colts in Indy. 3) The Pats haven't beaten a top tier NFL team since 2007. We only beat the dregs of the NFL. 4) Belichick admitted on national TV that his defense is completely useless. It's just one loss, but I don't see any possible way the Pats save this season.  Even if they go 11-5 and make the playoffs, they can't beat playoff teams, they can't stop anyone on D, and they can't beat Indy. Best case scenario is they are one and done in the playoffs.  Worst case, Miami is AFC East champs again, and the Pats don't even get the WC.  It's not that unlikely after last night.
    Posted by John413

Good luck with your life, you LOSSER !!! This is just a bump in the way, i bet you became a PAT fan in 07 when all was soooooooo easy and pretty until the last game.

Playing this kind of games and having ths kind of adversity is what makes teams strong, focussed and even more close for the last games of the season.

I don´t want to see you posting a "support comment" when the beat the jets and the Saints...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    History Lesson:  We won our 3 titles with great D, ball control O, and Brady's magic.  Those days are LONG GONE.  Our D is a joke, we've had no running game for years, and we need Brady to throw for 600 yards to have a chance to win. The Pats' game plan every week is for Brady to throw on every down.   When we get ahead, we can't even control the clock, because all we can do is throw the ball.   Our talent is  Brady-Moss-Welker and an O-line that can only pass block.   Everyone else is average, a scrub, a tweener, or a project. If we had any shred of a running game, or any shred of a defense, we win EASILY last night.
    Posted by John413

Obviously, you have the rose colored glasses on.  2001 team was scrubs, tweeners, and projects.  STILL WON.  O Line blocks pretty well for Kevin Faulk, go figure.  Vollmer held up Freeney well all night.  In fact, I could swear we only lost BY ONE POINT!  I think you are just hysterical.  Get off the ledge, its not so bad. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobgr8. Show bobgr8's posts

Bellichick looked like Wade Phillips after the music city miracle , And we haven't heard from Buffalo since.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

later JOHN!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from capa94. Show capa94's posts

I'll admit I lost hope after the denver loss, but I still think this team can beat anyone.   I am frusterated at their inability to win big games and nail the coffin shut on the colts.  I was thinking today how this season would be the greatest ever if all the stars aligned and we played denver in a wildcard game followed by a road win at pittsburg followed by another road win in indy and finally a superbowl win over the giants.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nevadin. Show Nevadin's posts

You Misguided Patriot Fans - Wake up and stop whining!!!

Belichick is a GENIUS, who took the CORRECt and most calculated shot to WIN THE GAME ON THE ROAD.

The defense dissappeared in the 4th quarter, and the BEST choice was on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball. Don't diss a coach who had the ABSOLUTE NUTS to make the boldest move to WIN!!!

Belichick KNOWS his team better than ANY of us - it's NOT about Peyton, it's NOT about disrespect for his defense or the Colt's defense, it's NOT about intimidation or fear...it's about WINNING and taking the BEST CALCULATED SHOT TO WIN.

Here in Las Vegas, we STAND BY THE ODDS of making the best play possible to WIN and THIS was THE best ODDS ON PLAY TO MAKE based on the performance of the patriot defense and offense in that 4th quarter!

The play was MADE, the refs gave Manning and co a huge break, and Manning took advantage of a bothched call. Period.

Belichick is the GREATEST coach in our generation - WAKE UP, STOP WHINING, CONGRATULATE HIM ON A BALLSY MOVE NO OTHER COACH WOULD MAKE,  CONGRATULATE HIM FOR HIS FEARLESS LEADERSHIP and MOVE ON!!!

This makes the Patriots a better team, and a 42-10 winner next week against the Jets!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dungyball. Show Dungyball's posts

Biggest winner in this game was the network. Why do you think they schedule this game every year for the last decade?

Belichick's call was neither right nor wrong. Manning has proven time and again he can traverse the field in under a minute. Had the Pats made that first down he would have been called a Genius for the exact same thing he is getting flak over.
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't really care either way.

The Pats are a very good team as are the Colts, who may well meet again in the playoffs, but let's not forget about the Steelers and (god forbid) the Bengals. All top notch teams. I look forward to any and all takers. (ain't the NFL grand?)

OOps! Did I forget San Diego or Denver? (F*em)

P.S. The comment about the coach being creepy like "Weekend at Bernies" was hilarious. I would have to agree to some point although I think Caldwell will turn out to be a very good coach he reminds me more of "Uncle Fester" from The Addams Family what with the eyeballs and everything.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bearclaw. Show Bearclaw's posts

Bump

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Now, see- I was down on the way the Pats started the seasson, but saw the (silver) lining in the way they responded to multiple (e.g. coaches, media, fans) criticisms.  It became apparent that they could put something together this year.  Of course, I did not like the way the game in Indy ended...maximum drag.  However, I haven't jumped off the wagon- I just got on (late), AFTER they demonstrated to me that they were, in fact, capable of playing at a level that was worthy of their accolades.

At this junction, I believe the Pats can (and might) leaern by what has transpired and make a decent run.  We'll see.  However, they are obviously not a runaway favourtite.  (No biggie.)  Although I can understand the bitter disappointment that many fans have expressed, I still see a chance to make a good showing in the tournament at the end of the year.  Hopefully, the team (and coaches) will STEP UP and respond on the field consistenly and finishish strong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Hey John I hope this means you are not going to come here and start stupid post anymore. Later loser.

Go Pats!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Well thanks for watching! See you next year, I assume you won't be posting anymore, until the Draft, either Mr. Fairweather.

BTW, Lawrence holds onto the ball at the goal line and we win that game ,so don't act like beating an elite team is impossible.

Sections
Shortcuts