R.I.P. 2009 Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cenobite. Show cenobite's posts

Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season

I can't believe people are ready to give up on the season everytime we lose. I did't know that we had to go undefeated every season in order to compete. There are several good teams at 6-3. BB didn't have a lack of confidence in the D, i just think he had alot of confidence in the offense. The colts were not able to stop them most of the game. BB showed that he had no fear of the Colts D. Way too early to throw the season away or to throw our D under the bus. Our D line may have been tired due to only playing 2 linemen, having to fight through double teams all night, and not having enough players to rotate in, we were without green,warren,tbc. I would like the W but i think it was a good game overall, at full strength the colts cannot out play us. I feel like we can beat the saints and will surprise alot of people in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season : No. You've already shown that you don't have the balls for golf either.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

Back on topic...Did you read Bruschi's comments about the game?  Do you consider Bruschi a bandwagon jumper too?

I tend to trust the opinion of a guy who led the Pats to 3 titles, rather than some guy ranting on a message board about bandwagons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

Absolute WORST call by a coach I've ever seen in the NFL, going back to the 1970s.

A Pee Wee League coach makes the decision to punt, but NO, not BB. It was a spur of the moment, irrational decision and embarrassed the team, the franchise, and the fans.

I'm a Pats fan, but I could care less what they do in their next game after that pitiful ending last night.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I'm with U John, everything U said is 1 billion% right.We have no pass rush, and we SKINK at running the ball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from charlesu2. Show charlesu2's posts

I agree that the Colts will almost definitely have home field advantage.

However, I think the Pats were clearly the dominant team for most of the game last night.  Yes, Indy won and in a very crushing manner but the Pats can find alot of positives from their performance to be used when we meet up with Indy again in the playoffs.  Indy's defensive performance last night did not scare me at all should the teams meet up again in the playoffs, the crowd had almost no impact in the way our offense moved the ball and the Pats would benefit from playing on the fast track in Indy just as much as the Colts, we are not built to slog out games with a rushing game and defense in the snow anymore like we did when beating them in the playoffs in '03 and '04.  When we play them in the playoffs, we just need to make sure we have the ball last, something Belichick was trying to do last night.  Brady is the best player on the team and Belichick knows it, he was going to win or lose with his best player, I cant hardly blame him.

Bandwagoners, please jump now, PLEASE!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Wow, is this really a conversation? Aren't we still first in the division by a couple games? Don't we still have a game to play against Miami and the Jets? If we win those games the post-season is ours.

Also, the post-season is a whole different monster, and the Pats are proven in the post-season. As hard as the loss was you need to find a silver lining. We are still set up to go to the playoffs and we proved we can take down a top NFL team in their house. We just didn't finish last night, but the Pats have a chip on their shoulder now and it's getting close to december. The offense is really heating up now and we kicked the cr@p out of the Colts for 56 minutes. Good coaching will take a disappointed team and turn them into monsters. Just wait. I'm expecting the Jets to get crushed by a pissed off Patriots team at home

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from YAMATO. Show YAMATO's posts

This is not the end of the season. The Patriots proved they can play with the Colts (and beat them if a couple of plays were executed correctly).  The Patriots still have a very good chance at a first round bye, but realistically can only afford to lose one more game (Saints). Bellichick was right to go for it on 4th down. The Patriot defense was beaten up and had just allowed the Colts two quick TDs. Brady should have thrown to Moss or Welker and they would have had a better chance to make the play and secure the win. Life goes on. We'll bounce back in a big way against the Jets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    Accomplishments from last night: 1) The Pats just clinched Indy getting home field throughout the playoffs.  2) The Pats proved they can't beat the Colts in Indy. 3) The Pats haven't beaten a top tier NFL team since 2007. We only beat the dregs of the NFL. 4) Belichick admitted on national TV that his defense is completely useless. It's just one loss, but I don't see any possible way the Pats save this season.  Even if they go 11-5 and make the playoffs, they can't beat playoff teams, they can't stop anyone on D, and they can't beat Indy. Best case scenario is they are one and done in the playoffs.  Worst case, Miami is AFC East champs again, and the Pats don't even get the WC.  It's not that unlikely after last night.
    Posted by John413

What are you talking about?? We lost due to a bad coaching call. We played well all night and would have won absent the bad call to go for it on fourth down. We will see Indy in Indy for the pay-offs and this time not make the bad call.

You doom and gloom shows who you are.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

every DAMM YEAR WE SAY "IF WE DID THIS" AND "IF WE DID THAT"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Lost by one point to a slighty better team in their building. RIP All people that don't have the stomach for watching tight football games. Maroney fumble...now that is concern.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to R.I.P. 2009 Season:
    Accomplishments from last night: 1) The Pats just clinched Indy getting home field throughout the playoffs.  2) The Pats proved they can't beat the Colts in Indy. 3) The Pats haven't beaten a top tier NFL team since 2007. We only beat the dregs of the NFL. 4) Belichick admitted on national TV that his defense is completely useless.
    Posted by John413

1.  Yes Indy probably clinched.  They're still a good team, and they still live in a bunny patch this year.

2.   The Pats proved that they could get 17 points up on Indy early in the fourth quarter.  What this one game proved is that the prevent (which has worked time and time again in the past 9 years for the Patriots) is vulnerable when facing Peyton Manning. 

That one fourth down play that would have clinched the game was not Brady's fault - he delivered the ball beyond the first down marker to a reliable receiver - who caught the ball but who bobbled it for a second.  This is not exactly the proof of Indy's virility that Indy fans would want.  That makes two games in a row that Indy has pulled out, on random chance.

3.  Depends on your definition of a top tier team.  There are rapidly aging top tier teams who have nice laurels.  The Patriots don't play Pittsburgh this year.  Then there are teams that may not be top tier simply because the Patriots beat them.

4.  Yes it was useless, last night, with all the injuries, and against Peyton Manning, late in the fourth quarter.  But that was also an admission that the Colts defense is absolutely useless in a fourth down situation, with all the injuries, worn down late in the fourth quarter against Brady, and in fact the Colts defense proved to be pretty much useless on that fourth down play.

I compile statistics based not on whether teams win end-of-game gambles, but on whether they flat-out score more points when both teams are trying to just score points.  If Indy and New England played a rematch in January, my spreadsheet would still take the Patriots in Indy by 0.4 points.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

We owned the game last night and were one fumble away from putting the game away. Bad call? yes, The Globe says that Belichick went with a soft defense late in the game as well (yes?) if so then it's not a true representative of what the D can do, which was impressive for much of the night. Lots of football left and the season is not over....disappointing? totally...I also think that 4th down was a bad spot, didn't know they were out of TO's, I walked out of the room for a sec thinking a challenge would take care of it....much to my surprise.

It's not over, I'd much rather lose this one and get them in the post season....they've done it before, they'll do it again. The Patriots were the better team last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Anyone and I mean anyone who says our D is a joke knows NOTHING about football. NOTHING.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

This is what it boils down to:

The Pats will either win the Super Bowl in spite of their coach,

or (more likely) fall short of winning it all, in which case the night of November 15 will live in football infamy as the gloomy turning point in the Pats' season.

If ther is a large, flat, but still moveable rock outside Gillette Stadium, Bill B would do well to crawl under it today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

game was fixed -.- only explination, manning has a deal with BB and that y they went for it on 4th nd 2, he definitaly got the 1st down but because it was an away game we didnt get it. we played gr8 football and our D was doing great 2 picks like 9, 3 and outs anddd did any1 else see myao and burgess rock peyton? another reason we lost was the fumble, if we had that TD it wuda been ours easy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

What does a regular season game have to do with the playoffs?  No NFL team has ever beaten a team in the playoffs that defeated them in the regular season?

Is the season back on if they beat the Saints?

Other than that, a very rational post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ironman11. Show ironman11's posts

Aww, c'mon guys. So the Pats lost last night and "might" be looking at an 11-5 season or whatever. Look at the Steelers in SB XL. Last seed. Went in and kicked everyones a** in their own houses en route to yet another Super Bowl win. Keep the faith. You have the best QB in the NFL. I was literally sick of how the announcers were even trying to compare Mr. "throws in the dirt" to Brady last night. The Pats are deep, the rookies are stepping up, Gostkowski is probably the best in the league. I might be a Steelers fan, but hell don't count the team out because of last night. I see them in the playoffs, and possibly the SB. Manning can only be so lucky before his luck runs out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

Rewind to 4th and 2, up by 6. Belichick let's the punt team onto the field (thus saving the Pats' last time out if needed). The punt is successful and puts the Colts deep in their territory.

Manning brings his team upfield in a couple of plays for a first down. But the Pats' D holds, causes Manning to rush his throws, and the Pats' take over with :13 on the clock. Pats win 34-28 in the Colts HOME, before a nat'l audience, showing what Brady and the offense are capable of, and the fact that as a team they can overcome key interceptions and fumbles.

The D is recognized for a quality game (not counting events late in the 4th Q), the confidence of the team is sky-high, and all of New England is buzzing and ready for the Jets.

Bill Belicheck took this very possible scenario away from his team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tojo. Show tojo's posts

I thought K Faulk was pretty effective running out of the gun.  Am i missing something?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

The lesson here is that you have to go for a full 60 minutes against Manning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

this is dumb... the steelers are in the same boat as us and nobody says that their season is over... you say the pats cant beat the colts in indy?  thats the stupidest sh*t ive ever heard... the pats are still AFC contenders and if you dont believe that look at 2001 when the pats were 5-5 after 10 games.  some patriots fans are the worst fans ive ever encountered.  fcuk of john413.  go root for the colts if theyre really so dominant.  dumb*ss.  the only thing we learned here is that if you're gonna gamble like they did on 4th and 2... you better convert.  end of story...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season : From your moronic comments, it sounds like all you believe in is touching little boys.  Your nick should be "Level3SO-247".
    Posted by John413

lmao wow. thats your comeback?

your nick name should be "b*itch quitter" for giving up on the pats even though their still 1st in the division. your a disgrace to all true sports fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

not to mention this is clearly a defensive transition year... i hate stupid people

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Aww, c'mon guys. So the Pats lost last night and "might" be looking at an 11-5 season or whatever. Look at the Steelers in SB XL. Last seed. Went in and kicked everyones a** in their own houses en route to yet another Super Bowl win. Keep the faith. You have the best QB in the NFL. I was literally sick of how the announcers were even trying to compare Mr. "throws in the dirt" to Brady last night. The Pats are deep, the rookies are stepping up, Gostkowski is probably the best in the league. I might be a Steelers fan, but hell don't count the team out because of last night. I see them in the playoffs, and possibly the SB. Manning can only be so lucky before his luck runs out.
    Posted by ironman11

Almost makes me want to like the Steelers...almost! :)

Good Post and I agree, this was one game, not a season. I am more worried about facing the Steelers in the play offs than facing Indy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. 2009 Season : Back on topic...Did you read Bruschi's comments about the game?  Do you consider Bruschi a bandwagon jumper too? I tend to trust the opinion of a guy who led the Pats to 3 titles, rather than some guy ranting on a message board about bandwagons.
    Posted by John413

You need to re-read Bruschi's comments. One thing ha did do was punk his team after one loss......beitch

Sections
Shortcuts