R.I.P. Deacon Jones....greatest 3/4 DE in pro football history

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Re: R.I.P. Deacon Jones....greatest 3/4 DE in pro football history

Thx jfaust.  Before my time, but shaped my earliest perceptions of the game.  Never knew he coined "Sack."  Makes sense.

RIP Deacon.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Deacon of Defense as he was known as, has moved to a higher ground. As a young guy I lived in Los Angeles, and every week I was blessed to see him play, as the only two teams that were ever televised in LA were the Rams and the Chargers. He and his buddies Rosey Grier,Merlin Olsen,and Lamar Lundy were indeed a fearsome foursome with the Deacon leading the way! R.I.P. Deacon of Defense....Deacon Jones one last sack!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The man defined the position in every conceivable way.  RIP indeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

RIP!  Deacon was a beast!

Jay Mohr has some really funny stories about Deacon Jones.  If you get Jay Mohr on the radio you might want to check him out today, I am sure he will be talking a lot about Deacon as he knew him and considered him a friend.

Adam Carolla always talks about a funny NFL Films interview with Deacon Jones where he talks about his specialty head slap move... check it out, it's pretty funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrcNQyMxemU

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

The Deacon of Defense as he was known as, has moved to a higher ground. As a young guy I lived in Los Angeles, and every week I was blessed to see him play, as the only two teams that were ever televised in LA were the Rams and the Chargers. He and his buddies Rosey Grier,Merlin Olsen,and Lamar Lundy were indeed a fearsome foursome with the Deacon leading the way! R.I.P. Deacon of Defense....Deacon Jones one last sack!

Very cool post, Sportsbozo!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Actually  he was called the Secretary of Defense.

Used to watch him play in the early 70's

Sections
Shortcuts