RIP Don Brocher (Pats Equip Mgr)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: RIP Don Brocher (Pats Equip Mgr)

Wow, 40-year Pats career. Like Scar, here long before the current ownership/management.

Did someone say, "DON-STRONG!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

RIP

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Rest in Peace, Don

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Very sad.  Pretty awesome that he had the equipment job for 40 years!  RIP!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I love how this team maintains its continuity. 

It's amazing.

Dante is another example, as NYP posted.

Consider this: NE is running the same basic offensive "system" by nomenclature that was installed in 1979 under Ron Erhardt.

Shame for Don's family. But it must have been a great ride, especially after 1985. He was able to manage equipment in some way for 7 SB teams in 27 years. Not sure many have had such a fun go of it at that managerial position.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sad.

Patriots equipment manager dies; was team's longest-tenured staffer Permalink Posted by Matt Pepin, Boston.com Staff January 1, 2013 02:17 PM

200brocher2.jpg

By Matt Pepin, Boston.com Staff

Equipment manager Don Brocher, the Patriots' longest-tenured employee, died on Monday of complications from leukemia, the team announced.

Brocher, 60, was in his 41st season with the team. He began as a ballboy in 1972 and became an equipment assistant that season, then became equipment manager in 1994. He was born in Boston and lived in Norton with his wife, Laurie.

Brocher had worked at 834 consecutive Patriots games over a 40-year span before he missed a preseason game at Tampa Bay in August.

“The Kraft family and the entire Patriots organization awoke with very heavy hearts this morning,” Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a team press release. “That is when most of us learned of Don’s passing. He had fought this deadly disease so valiantly all season long. We were all optimistic that he would defeat it and fully recover. He was back on our sidelines just two weeks ago for our game against the 49ers and I can’t remember ever seeing him happier. I am glad I had that opportunity to thank him once again for his loyalty and countless contributions to the team. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Laurie, and all who knew Don and are mourning his loss today.”

[/QUOTE]

another person taken too young by cancer  :  (

RIP