RIP NELSON MANDELA..is OBAMA the new MANDELA?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: RIP NELSON MANDELA..is OBAMA the new MANDELA?

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Houston itself is not really a nice city. Texas cities unlike their northern counterparts leave a lot to be desired. However, you are right. Once you get outside and see the countryside its actually quite nice. If you are ever down this way, or in Austin or San Antonio, I will take you for some great local food and to see a couple of off the beaten places.

toronto is one of my favorite North American cities. I use to get up there quite often. Now most of my travel is south down into Mexico, central and South America. Talk about interesting. 

The little family run Mexican restaurants are amazing.  I haven't been to Central or South America yet, but I'm hoping to take a vacation in either Costa Rica or Ecuador in February or March if schedule allows.  I've wanted to do a rainforest trip for a while now.

Toronto is pretty nice.  Nice people here and clean and safe for a big city.  Chicago is still probably my favorite of the North American cities that I've been to (great museums, great music, great food, and more liveable than New York), and London my favourite overall so far. 

I will drop a note if I head to Texas . . . and you do the same if you're up here.  Looks like North Carolina, though, is going to be my primary destination for a bit (except for a playoff game or two in Foxboro). Smile

Will do and thanks. Also, spent a ton of time in Costa rica both on business and vacation. Let me know if you want any recommendations. Also have done Ecuador, very different from Costa Rica. Depends on what type of vacation you want. 

The rainforests in Costa Rica are some of the best and pristine. Highly recommend them. 

Thanks for the offer.  It seems like Costa Rica has a more developed ecotourism industry--and maybe more nice places to stay because of that.  Ecuador has more diverse fauna and the Andes have always fascinated me.  We may do Costa Rica first to ease into the rainforest trip and then Ecuador next vacation if we want to try something a little more adventurous.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Houston itself is not really a nice city. Texas cities unlike their northern counterparts leave a lot to be desired. However, you are right. Once you get outside and see the countryside its actually quite nice. If you are ever down this way, or in Austin or San Antonio, I will take you for some great local food and to see a couple of off the beaten places.

toronto is one of my favorite North American cities. I use to get up there quite often. Now most of my travel is south down into Mexico, central and South America. Talk about interesting. 

The little family run Mexican restaurants are amazing.  I haven't been to Central or South America yet, but I'm hoping to take a vacation in either Costa Rica or Ecuador in February or March if schedule allows.  I've wanted to do a rainforest trip for a while now.

Toronto is pretty nice.  Nice people here and clean and safe for a big city.  Chicago is still probably my favorite of the North American cities that I've been to (great museums, great music, great food, and more liveable than New York), and London my favourite overall so far. 

I will drop a note if I head to Texas . . . and you do the same if you're up here.  Looks like North Carolina, though, is going to be my primary destination for a bit (except for a playoff game or two in Foxboro). Smile

Will do and thanks. Also, spent a ton of time in Costa rica both on business and vacation. Let me know if you want any recommendations. Also have done Ecuador, very different from Costa Rica. Depends on what type of vacation you want. 

The rainforests in Costa Rica are some of the best and pristine. Highly recommend them. 

From my research, Costa Rico has the best weather on Earth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

From my research, Costa Rico has the best weather on Earth.

Yes it does. And, the country itself is very ecologically friendly. They pride themselves once you get outside the capital on being a clean country and protecting nature. There are more animals than people there as well. 

I did a bunch of rock climbing, surfing, parasailing, zip lining there. if you like the outdoors, this is the place.

Sections
Shortcuts