RIP Robin Williams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

RIP Robin Williams

Apparent suicide,  tragic

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: RIP Robin Williams

Yeah, I been watching it on CNN.  Can't say I really feel bad for a rich, successful actor who offs themselves when there are Yazidi children starving to death on a Mountain. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

tragic, as are all suicides.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Yeah, I been watching it on CNN.  Can't say I really feel bad for a rich, successful actor who offs themselves when there are Yazidi children starving to death on a Mountain. 

Don't pity him because he killed himself. 

Pity him because he was battling depression, arguably one of the toughest, most horrifying and debilitating conditions/illnesses there is to face and overcome. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Classy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Very sad. He was a funny guy who brought a lot of laughs for people who need them. Sad he chose to end his own life if it is true. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

But isn't that, in a way,  all the more reason to feel sympathy? From all I ever heard about the guy he tried to help those less fortunate but it sounds like he descended into serious depression 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pity him because he was battling depression, arguably one of the toughest, most horrifying and debilitating conditions/illnesses there is to face and overcome. 

[/QUOTE]

Well said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said.

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

But isn't that, in a way,  all the more reason to feel sympathy? From all I ever heard about the guy he tried to help those less fortunate but it sounds like he descended into serious depression 

[/QUOTE]

Realize you are dealing with tcal an adult with the brain development of a 14 year old.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Yeah, I been watching it on CNN. Can't say I really feel bad for a rich, successful actor who offs themselves when there are Yazidi children starving to death on a Mountain. "

This is why I prefer sticking to football talk in here. 

If you think being rich and successful makes you immune from the struggles of the human condition then you have a lot to learn. 

"Pity him because he was battling depression, arguably one of the toughest, most horrifying and debilitating conditions/illnesses there is to face and overcome. "

This. And hope that in a moment of darkness you can see a way out where he couldn't. 

Meantime, a fantastic career and someone who changed far more lives than any of the football players we deify here

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Yeah, I been watching it on CNN. Can't say I really feel bad for a rich, successful actor who offs themselves when there are Yazidi children starving to death on a Mountain. "

This is why I prefer sticking to football talk in here. 

If you think being rich and successful makes you immune from the struggles of the human condition then you have a lot to learn. 

"Pity him because he was battling depression, arguably one of the toughest, most horrifying and debilitating conditions/illnesses there is to face and overcome. "

This. And hope that in a moment of darkness you can see a way out where he couldn't. 

Meantime, a fantastic career and someone who changed far more lives than any of the football players we deify here

[/QUOTE]

Fitting and well said!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He was a talented guy, made millions laugh.  Sorry he couldn't beat those demons.

Rip Robin Williams.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Big fan of Robin Williams. RIP

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Very sad

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow, very sad. It's always hard hitting when you hear of a guy who had so much and was cared about so deeply give in to such a debilitating condition. Makes you wonder how people not nearly as well off manage to struggle with it and wonder how many were there for him in the end. Sometimes having less means having more people around you and I wonder if he had the right people around him to give him the support he needed. The world lost a great man who brought so much joy to so many, maybe even saving others from the same tragic fate through the power of laughter.  

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I got to admit I didn't see this one coming, I liked this guy, I just never would of thought someone like him would do this. I didn't realize he suffered from depression like that. I did ask myself after I heard he committed suicide...was he bipolar? Because he was a little erratic in interviews and you hear of others in Hollywood that are bipolar. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Thanks for all the laughs Robin W!  Rip RW

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I got to admit I didn't see this one coming, I liked this guy, I just never would of thought someone like him would do this. I didn't realize he suffered from depression like that. I did ask myself after I heard he committed suicide...was he bipolar? Because he was a little erratic in interviews and you hear of others in Hollywood that are bipolar. 

[/QUOTE]

A lot of talented people such as actors, musicians, artists, writers etc. are manic-depressives.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A lot of talented people such as actors, musicians, artists, writers etc. are manic-depressives.

[/QUOTE]

I'd add that a lot of them have fought drug addiction as well, I think some of it goes hand in hand.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Shocking yes, unexpected yes, tragic.....No.  

Tragic is the young girl who get bullied relentlessly and commits suicide.  A 63 year old coke head alcoholic.....not so much.

And let's not get into the "depression" topic here, again.  You know that Big Pharma created DISORDER they make BILLIONS $$$ from every year with over 20 different drugs and add on drugs just in case the first drug isn't quite doing it (remember that commercial....lol).  It's a disorder not a disease because there is no science that can prove it even exists. 

Here's the cure for depression:

stop drinking

stop doing drugs

stop smoking

lose some weight

eat healthy

get a good night sleep

get a job

find something rewarding to do with yourself

Interact with loved ones / friends or in Rusty's case take in a stray cat

I don't know a single person who has or ever has suffered from "depression" then again everyone I know has a real life, they don't sit home all day eating Doritos and chain smoking in their trailers watching Dr.Drew who talks about Depression while chasing checks from Pfizer.

Don't get me wrong there are real mental diseases that affect millions of people directly and indirectly. Depression is not one of them and don't try telling me it is.  Thank, I'm done with the topic And will say no more on it out of respect for posters who disagree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Tragic is the young girl who get bullied relentlessly and commits suicide.  A 63 year old coke head alcoholic.....not so much.

And let's not get into the "depression" topic here, again.  You know that Big Pharma created DISORDER they make BILLIONS $$$ from every year with over 20 different drugs and add on drugs just in case the first drug isn't quite doing it (remember that commercial....lol).  It's a disorder not a disease because there is no science that can prove it even exists. 

stop drinking

stop doing drugs

stop smoking

lose some weight

eat healthy

get a good night sleep

get a job

I don't know a single person who has or ever has suffered from "depression" then again everyone I know has a real life, they don't sit home all day eating Doritos and chain smoking in their trailers watching Dr. Drew talking about Depression while chasing checks from Pfizer.

Don't get me wrong there are real mental diseases that affect millions of people directly and indirectly. Depression is not one of them and don't try telling me it is.  Thank, I'm done with the topic And will say no more on it out of respect for posters who disagree.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What if Robin Williams was your father...... or your son? Still such a simple recipe for avoiding depression/suicide? 

Show some respect man.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

[QUOTE]

stop drinking

stop doing drugs

stop smoking

lose some weight

eat healthy

get a good night sleep

get a job

I don't know a single person who has or ever has suffered from "depression" then again everyone I know has a real life, they don't sit home all day eating Doritos and chain smoking in their trailers watching Dr. Drew talking about Depression while chasing checks from Pfizer.

[object HTMLDivElement]

What if Robin Williams was your father...... or your son? Still such a simple recipe for avoiding depression/suicide? 

Show some respect man.

[/QUOTE]

This. +1

Tcal, your ignorance knows no bounds. I hope one day you gain some amount of empathy and realize the pain depression brings millions of individuals.

Given your lack of awareness, I'll assume you've never been depressed before. In this regard, you are an incredibly lucky human being. I hope you never experience true depression. I'd wish it on no one. 

I could further dissect your statement but it's not worth our time. 

Take care, man. Empathy -- we need more of it in the world. I hope you find some. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's an F-ing shame, no need to argue over it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Just to clarify, I'm not arguing.

Rather, I'm simply attempting to draw attention to depression, a condition that ravages lives. Beyond that, I'm also striving to inform the uninformed. 

Whether you want to call it an illness, condition, or one's 'current state'... whatever, I suppose that's a matter of semantics. But the pain, horror, darkness, and despair felt by those suffering from depression is all too real.

It's a shame that yet another life was destroyed by such a horrifying condition, and it's an equal shame that a certain someone here is willfully ignorant to the fact that this is a serious and real problem. Even more upsetting that said person has the audacity to mock and ridicule those suffering from depressive symptoms.

That said, Tcal likely has never suffered from depression, which would explain his ignorance regarding the topic. For this he is incredibly lucky. It's difficult to truly appreciate the meaning and relevance of something until you have personally dealt with it.

Arguing? No, far from it. Bringing attention to an incredibly important issue? I can only hope.

R.I.P., Robin. I know what you were going through and I genuinely hope you've found some relief from the awfulness you were experiencing.

Sections
Shortcuts