RIP Robin Williams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: RIP Robin Williams

I've dealt with depression before, loosing weight is not a way to fix that. For me it was a side effect as I lost my appetite and anything that sounded fun wasn't no matter how much my friends tried to lift me up. Depression is like losing a loved one, except that loved one is yourself and it something the brain battles very hard with. You spend hours rethink things to the same end and reliving all your short comings and questioning everything around you. Everything that in a normal state seems bad is worth trying. I will digress because this is about an amazing and talented mad taking his life.

Sometimes we forget to mention how much someone has touched our lives or what they have done for us to make our lives better. Many stars will say money doesn't make you happy and its true. I won't pretend to understand the life of someone like Robin Williams. Sometimes good reviews and ratings don't make actors happy, I am sure Williams hasn't heard an outpouring from fans like he got today in a very long time. Remember to be thankful and everyday reming those your love and everyone else around you that touches your life how special they are.

RIP and we will keep laughing forever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Yeah, I been watching it on CNN. Can't say I really feel bad for a rich, successful actor who offs themselves when there are Yazidi children starving to death on a Mountain. "

This is why I prefer sticking to football talk in here. 

If you think being rich and successful makes you immune from the struggles of the human condition then you have a lot to learn. 

"Pity him because he was battling depression, arguably one of the toughest, most horrifying and debilitating conditions/illnesses there is to face and overcome. "

This. And hope that in a moment of darkness you can see a way out where he couldn't. 

Meantime, a fantastic career and someone who changed far more lives than any of the football players we deify here

Fitting and well said!

Hear, hear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Depression is a serious mental health issue that effects 19 million Americans.  To suggest that it can be prevented or cured by simply altering one's behavior is inconsistent with the facts.  I have two friends who struggle with it on a routine and continuing basis.  There aren't any freeze dried solutions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Shocking yes, unexpected yes, tragic.....No.  

Tragic is the young girl who get bullied relentlessly and commits suicide.  A 63 year old coke head alcoholic.....not so much.

And let's not get into the "depression" topic here, again.  You know that Big Pharma created DISORDER they make BILLIONS $$$ from every year with over 20 different drugs and add on drugs just in case the first drug isn't quite doing it (remember that commercial....lol).  It's a disorder not a disease because there is no science that can prove it even exists. 

Here's the cure for depression:

stop drinking

stop doing drugs

stop smoking

lose some weight

eat healthy

get a good night sleep

get a job

find something rewarding to do with yourself

Interact with loved ones / friends or in Rusty's case take in a stray cat

I don't know a single person who has or ever has suffered from "depression" then again everyone I know has a real life, they don't sit home all day eating Doritos and chain smoking in their trailers watching Dr.Drew who talks about Depression while chasing checks from Pfizer.

Don't get me wrong there are real mental diseases that affect millions of people directly and indirectly. Depression is not one of them and don't try telling me it is.  Thank, I'm done with the topic And will say no more on it out of respect for posters who disagree.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I had a friend who tried to commit suicide because of depression and she was athletic, didn't drink or smoke, didn't do drugs, had friends, a social life, and a good paying job. Some forms of depression is not from any of those it's caused, and well documented medically, by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Do some research before making such a classless comment. If you ever had to deal with it with someone close to you, you would understand sometimes it's not personal choices that cause you to slip into depression. That you haven't had to you are very lucky and have NO right to comment that it's fake. Yes it is a very real mental illness. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

The man was a true icon.  If this isn't a demonstration of how devastating depression can be, I don't know what is.  Think of everything he had.  All of his most basic needs met...beloved all over the world...plenty of means to do pretty much whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.  Yet, he felt so empty that he couldn't bare another day.  I can't even imagine how sad that is.  I'm going to miss his magical gift to make people laugh.

Anyone here familiar with "The Best of Times"?  Check it out.  It's a football movie and one of his lesser known films.  Dam funny!  That's how I will always remember him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

The man was a true icon.  If this isn't a demonstration of how devastating depression can be, I don't know what is.  Think of everything he had.  All of his most basic needs met...beloved all over the world...plenty of means to do pretty much whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.  Yet, he felt so empty that he couldn't bare another day.  I can't even imagine how sad that is.  I'm going to miss his magical gift to make people laugh.

Anyone here familiar with "The Best of Times"?  Check it out.  It's a football movie and one of his lesser known films.  Dam funny!  That's how I will always remember him.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well said Cyncalpat---and yes, The Best of Times was a very entertaining, and unfortunately underrated, movie--highly recommend it---Kurt Russell was great it in as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

What I am curious about regarding Williams is "why now"? What was going on for him? What is the whole story behind this? I am not sure that understanding helps but when we lose someone, it is normal to seek some understanding or resolution. And also, why didn't he accept treatment or fully engage in it?

It is disturbing to lose someone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I've dealt with depression before, loosing weight is not a way to fix that. For me it was a side effect as I lost my appetite and anything that sounded fun wasn't no matter how much my friends tried to lift me up. Depression is like losing a loved one, except that loved one is yourself and it something the brain battles very hard with. You spend hours rethink things to the same end and reliving all your short comings and questioning everything around you. Everything that in a normal state seems bad is worth trying. I will digress because this is about an amazing and talented mad taking his life.

Sometimes we forget to mention how much someone has touched our lives or what they have done for us to make our lives better. Many stars will say money doesn't make you happy and its true. I won't pretend to understand the life of someone like Robin Williams. Sometimes good reviews and ratings don't make actors happy, I am sure Williams hasn't heard an outpouring from fans like he got today in a very long time. Remember to be thankful and everyday reming those your love and everyone else around you that touches your life how special they are.

RIP and we will keep laughing forever

FREE

Thanks for your honesty and openness.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

What I am curious about regarding Williams is "why now"? What was going on for him? What is the whole story behind this? I am not sure that understanding helps but when we lose someone, it is normal to seek some understanding or resolution. And also, why didn't he accept treatment or fully engage in it?

It is disturbing to lose someone.

I read this morning that he checked into a rehab in early July, not for any relapse to drinking but for mental health issues. So, something was going on and probably had been for a while. Unfortunately, the stigma attached to addiction and mental health issues and promulgated by the ignorance we saw earlier in this thread, prevent a lot of suffering individuals from fully embracing recovery.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well said Cyncalpat---and yes, The Best of Times was a very entertaining, and unfortunately underrated, movie--highly recommend it---Kurt Russell was great it in as well

Yes, he was.

One of my favorite lines..."Are you hornee to win?!  Well, let's play some football!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

T

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

Apparent suicide,  tragic

One of the greats gone too soon...thanks for making us smile                                                          

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Yeah, I been watching it on CNN.  Can't say I really feel bad for a rich, successful actor who offs themselves when there are Yazidi children starving to death on a Mountain. 

pipe down self-important heartless garbage

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The world lost a genius yesterday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Forget the morbid stuff, remember stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

Thanks for that.  He was one of a kind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4

This is classic, I actually have this saved in my videos. Had it for years! Thanks!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

tragic.....No.  

Don't get me wrong there are real mental diseases that affect millions of people directly and indirectly. Depression is not one of them and don't try telling me it is.  Thank, I'm done with the topic And will say no more on it out of respect for posters who disagree.

Not tragic huh....perhaps you should tell that to Robin's family?

Depression not a mental disease? And I thought Rusty posted stupid things....congrats, you just topped him.

Williams was one of the most brilliant men in show business. He touched millions of lives, and from what I've read about him, he was as caring and genuine as they come, and would have helped anyone who asked.

Thank you for bringing so much laughter to my life Robin....RIP, and may you finally find peace within.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Shocking yes, unexpected yes, tragic.....No.  

Tragic is the young girl who get bullied relentlessly and commits suicide.  A 63 year old coke head alcoholic.....not so much.

And let's not get into the "depression" topic here, again.  You know that Big Pharma created DISORDER they make BILLIONS $$$ from every year with over 20 different drugs and add on drugs just in case the first drug isn't quite doing it (remember that commercial....lol).  It's a disorder not a disease because there is no science that can prove it even exists. 

Here's the cure for depression:

stop drinking

stop doing drugs

stop smoking

lose some weight

eat healthy

get a good night sleep

get a job

find something rewarding to do with yourself

Interact with loved ones / friends or in Rusty's case take in a stray cat

I don't know a single person who has or ever has suffered from "depression" then again everyone I know has a real life, they don't sit home all day eating Doritos and chain smoking in their trailers watching Dr.Drew who talks about Depression while chasing checks from Pfizer.

A shame Pfizer doesn't have a cure for stupidity.

[object HTMLDivElement]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think everybody should give tcal2 a break...

We all make moronic comments or post a stupid thing once in awhile...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I'll bet tcal thinks immunizing children is a bad idea. People are entitled to their opinions but sometimes one's opinion can be dangerous. Saying depression is not a disease or illness is just as dangerous as not immunizing your child. Scary that there are people who think like tcal out there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

If there was ever a time to see tcal's true colors, this is it.  What a disgrace of a human.

Russ here we are in complete agreement...that piece of trash goes on ignore and personally I hope he gets what's coming to him and soon

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Yeah, I been watching it on CNN.  Can't say I really feel bad for a rich, successful actor who offs themselves when there are Yazidi children starving to death on a Mountain. 

btw Trash Life has a way of humbling the haughty and karma is a b***h...you'll get yours one day

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

If there was ever a time to see tcal's true colors, this is it.  What a disgrace of a human.

Although I think tcal is wrong on this one, I'm going to give him a pass. Keep in mind this is the way you are every single day. Tcal would have to write stuff like this every single day to become you. Cheers!

As for depression/anxiety, I know people who's lives have been ruined because of this...they don't want this disease, but they have it. A friend of mine lost his job for two years because of anxiety...worked for Fidelity...well educated..very smart...great career, but just couldn't overcome his fears that all of the sudden swallowed him up. I can only imagine how bad Williams became towards the end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

am I the only person in the world who didn't care for Robin Williams? No I have a friend who said the same thing. Wish I could figure out what I 've missed.

Sections
Shortcuts