RIP the FEMALE Belichick of politics, MARGARET the IRON LADY Thatcher!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: RIP the FEMALE Belichick of politics, MARGARET the IRON LADY Thatcher!

none had the balls of Truman or Roosevelt

Atomic bomb mushroom cloud explosion

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

I  disagreed with Thatcher on almost anything, but can easily admire her leadership abilities and not least her retorical skills. Try finding some of the debates from the House of Commons, and watch her zing the oppossition.

It's really easy to loose sight of the context when she was PM. The USSR appeared to be as strong as ever, the nuclear threat was always present, the economy was in a pretty bad shape, social unrest, unemployment etc. And remembering that context makes it harder IMO to be so critical of her.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

too bad on her demise. we need politicians like her and reagan and clinton. no need to agree with most of her policies or politics.. all about the approach and conviction. not from the "heart" or soul, but deep with depth and readon and experience....

another genocidal war criminal.

(when you know the truth behind the propaganda it opens your eyes......if you care to see that is).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

(when you know the truth behind the propaganda it opens your eyes......if you care to see that is).

[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on that? Genocidal war criminal are harsh words, how do you back them up?

Little known facts about Thatcher. In 1966 she went against the party when she supported a bill to decriminalize male homosexuality. She also voted in favor of a bill to legalize abortion. Both are positives in my book.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Rusty, you begin by saying the good things she did and i'll follow with the bad and we'll see who runs out of things first. This is you talking about things you know nothing about she was a horrible evil woman who tried her best to keep the upper class rich and the destroy the working class, she couldn't determine the difference between nationalists and republicans in Ireland so she just hated all catholics. She sent a nation to war which didn't need to be sent and they basically destroyed the nation they fought (argentina). She did little for the United Kingdom as a whole although she did alot for the rich and she was absolutely determined to do as little as she could for the working class. If that sounds like a woman you want to admire I feel sorry for you. Stop listening to the s h it on the news and as you say do some reading!!

Did you just tell me (as a Millenial) to do some reading? LOL!

Have you ever even been to a library before?

Hey man, i'm not the one on here praising a tyrant for her "leadership skills". She didn't have any she was a great inspiration to rich upper class english people other than that everyone hated her. She was called "the iron lady" she bent over and took what Reagan had to give her she did as she was told when it came to America furthermore she often claimed to never negotiate with "terrorists" but it's all but proven she was in private talks with the IRA during the Maze hunger strikes in 1981. She was a farce built by the media because of a few nicely worded speeches she made. She signed the anglo-irish agreement in 1984 effectively allowing the Republic of Ireland to once again have a say in matters of the north which the media will say paved the way for the Good Friday Agreement in 1998, this is baloney she was told to make the agreement due to the absolute outrage of the world following the 1981 hunger strikes on top of this at the time images were shown on international news depicting how catholics were living at the time....7-8 people to a 2 bedroom house, why's that? Because Thatcher allowed a regime that discriminated all catholics in Ireland by not allowing them to get mortgages to buy homes, she allowed it that catholics would be discriminated in their college applications because of their religon finally she allowed police brutality against catholics throughout the entirety of her reign. Why did she think she'd get away with things like this....because she didn't expect the IRA to make such a stir and ruin her time in power, she didn't expect the little Island of Ireland to become such a talking point on the world scale, she didn't expect prisoners such as Bobby Sands to becomes Martyrs because she didn't think the majority of the civilised world would see him as a freedom fighter, which they did. Her rule is defined by how she handled Ireland and although she may have let the hunger strikers die in 1981 it changed everything for her in terms of Ireland, she didn't seize another "victory" over the Irish she forced Sinn Fein the nationalist party of Ireland to realise Politics were more important and in general an easier way a path which led to the current relative peace in Ireland. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Did I miss the Annette Funicello thread? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

too bad on her demise. we need politicians like her and reagan and clinton. no need to agree with most of her policies or politics.. all about the approach and conviction. not from the "heart" or soul, but deep with depth and readon and experience....

You Millienials are all the same. You get your education from the internets.  Whatever sounds good to you, is the information you retain and pass it off as some kind of a fact.

You probably believe in Sasquatch and think there were 5 shooters from all angles in the JFK assassination, too.

It's fascinating to watch.

Godverment = No College Degree

BdBreu -= No College Degree

Macmanemin = No Colllege Degree (lied about attending BC)

Yet, you all share the same viewpoints on politics and gov't.  Disturbing. Please do not vote.

Thank you.

Keep saying that Rusty, you didn't come back to me on the Ware injury (even though I said it was an undiagnosed stress fracture, which his doctor agreed with) and you won't come back to me on this but these are the facts and they are undisputed. Above you've called her  a rational leader can you not define the difference between rational and unrealistic, you have to have leeway as the leader of a country especially when a group of people within your country are being neglected by the government. Look it up and you'll see i'm not making this up as I go along. YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING !! that may be shocking for you to realise but it's true. Just look at what Piers Morgan wrote on twitter the other day

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan

8 Apr

Disagreed with Thatcher over many things (incl poll tax, miners, Hillsborough) but admired courage/leadership re Falklands, Cold War etc. 

First of all you'll have no idea about Hillsborough (maybe), that's when 96 Liverpool fans died from being crushed to death from over crowding at the stadium at the time she protected the law enforcement even though the people who survived claimed that they tried to keep the people in the stand rather than letting them out, last year the victims (who were formally seen as criminals) were made innocent and the police who were in charge that day were responsible for the deaths. She brushed that under the carpet. Liverpool fans used to use the chant "Expose the lies before Thatcher dies" 

His admiration for her leadership in the Falklands makes me laugh, first of all the Falkland Islands have a population of 2,841 so you can imagine the size so Thatcher sent Britain to war over it and so nearly the entire population of the Falklands were killed (soilders) and many many more injured. You have to laugh really commedning someone's leadership during a war they started themselves over an Island with a smaller population than most towns....real hero there, sooooo much blood on her hands it's unbelievable that any sensible adult would find positives in her tenure

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts