RJ Mattes released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

RJ Mattes released

before the draft this would have been a big deal...seems the way the draft unfolded, many of the young OL once thought to be the future, are now on the fence. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: RJ Mattes released

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

before the draft this would have been a big deal...seems the way the draft unfolded, many of the young OL once thought to be the future, are now on the fence. 

[/QUOTE]

do they have someone else they want to sign? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RJ Mattes, an UDFA, the future?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RJ Mattes, an UDFA, the future?

[/QUOTE]

yes, I was of the belief that they really likes Cave, Mattes and Kline. they even offered financial incentives for them to stay here rather than elsewhere. Cave especially I was hearing really good things about

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

seems not Wil Svitek

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

yes, I was of the belief that they really likes Cave, Mattes and Kline. they even offered financial incentives for them to stay here rather than elsewhere. Cave especially I was hearing really good things about

I mean you need depth and projects further into your depth chart and practice squad, but that's that's all they are.  Yes the depth of talent on the Patriots is better than most teams, the interest in their free agents is proof enough, but they are still projects.  I like Kline, he was solid enough to play last year but I really like the addition of Halapio and having Cannon sitting there.  True was generous when he listed him at 350, he weighed 365 coming out of USC and both are athletic at that large size.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mean you need depth and projects further into your depth chart and practice squad, but that's that's all they are.  Yes the depth of talent on the Patriots is better than most teams, the interest in their free agents is proof enough, but they are still projects.  I like Kline, he was solid enough to play last year but I really like the addition of Halapio and having Cannon sitting there.  True was generous when he listed him at 350, he weighed 365 coming out of USC and both are athletic at that large size.

[/QUOTE]

agreed, I felt the Pats were cultivating nice depth and future roster players with Kline, Cave and Mattes. Lets face it, Vollmer has missed a lot of games, Solder is a free agent who will be looking for top 5 LT $$$ and Cannon is a free agent as well. I really thought these 3 guys would battle for snaps, with Cave and Kline perhaps finding a way into starters snaps.

The way the draft unfolded, and with Mattes released, I have to think Kline and Cave are also long shots

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

The Pats did not use three draft picks on the O Line for nothing. It most definitely tells you where they feel the team failed last year and all three rookies will make the 53 man squad, with Stork starting by midseason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

as long as matt light remains off LT we're good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes - they signed a 12th wide receiver - they must still be hunting for someone that TB12 will like and trust . . . but he is going to need someone faster that a 4.64 wideout if he has no offensive line!