RKarp - Your Presentation Is Due

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: RKarp - Your Presentation Is Due

I'm going to celebrate the failure of the jests.  The dolphins trolls are much nicer and have a lot better team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I see Cro reworked his deal...his cap savings drop the Jets to approx $19 mil under the cap..Mangold is next with a cap savings of approx $3m

Rusty, Rusty? Are you there?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I see Cro reworked his deal...his cap savings drop the Jets to approx $19 mil under the cap..Mangold is next with a cap savings of approx $3m

Dude you already got smoked with this. Why not let it go already.

They still are not 30 mil under and the deadline passed. They had to lose tons of players to make room. Kelleher is reportedly visiting the Dolphins and just how active have the Jets been able to be in early FA with all the neeeds they now have? They are still busy restructuring and cutting.

King or Rusty might get intolerable but Man up already. Sheesh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if you want to say the jets arent in "salary cap hell", thats fine, but they are in personell hell....they will be lucky to win 6-7 games this year with their roster as it is constructed right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Just a blurb from NY paper for yesterday....notice last line..............Personally I think this argument is a waste...but here it is as of yesterday.

"Had the Jets released Holmes, the receiver couldn’t “double dip” due to terms in his existing contract; the Jets would have had to pay only $7.5 million minus whatever Holmes agreed to with another team. Holmes’ base salary was reduced from $11 million to his guaranteed figure of $7.5 million. Between all of the cap-saving measures, the Jets are now more than $15 million under the salary cap."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

if you want to say the jets arent in "salary cap hell", thats fine, but they are in personell hell....they will be lucky to win 6-7 games this year with their roster as it is constructed right now.

you are absolutely correct that the Jets are in personel hell, and will be a 6-7 win team if lucky. But conversely, the Phins had what, $40M to spend? What is the opposite of salary cap hell? Yet they signed questionable free agents at inflated salaries and still have an untested QB (IMO) and they will also be lucky to win 6-7 games.

What gets me is that salary cap hell doesnt exist, but poor management and player development does. the resulting disagreement was that the Jets could get to $20-$30 million under the cap, of which they were able to do. the fact that there are numerous openings on the roster, does not speak to salary cap hell. it speaks to players that played poorly were not resigned.

No one should let this dolt Rusty go around putting every poster on the board down, speaking down to them, insulting them, and spewing he forsaw the vision 3 years ago and told BB how to do it. The guy is a freak and needs to be shown how wrong he always is...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

you are absolutely correct that the Jets are in personel hell, and will be a 6-7 win team if lucky. But conversely, the Phins had what, $40M to spend? What is the opposite of salary cap hell? Yet they signed questionable free agents at inflated salaries and still have an untested QB (IMO) and they will also be lucky to win 6-7 games.

What gets me is that salary cap hell doesnt exist, but poor management and player development does. the resulting disagreement was that the Jets could get to $20-$30 million under the cap, of which they were able to do. the fact that there are numerous openings on the roster, does not speak to salary cap hell. it speaks to players that played poorly were not resigned.

No one should let this dolt Rusty go around putting every poster on the board down, speaking down to them, insulting them, and spewing he forsaw the vision 3 years ago and told BB how to do it. The guy is a freak and needs to be shown how wrong he always is...

i agree with rusty that BB handles the salary cap pretty well....however i agree with you that it is possible for teams to get significantly under the cap, as the jets are trying to do right now....but the jets are as poor a run team as it gets in the NFL...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

more from NY paper..............

"Darrelle Revis hasn’t even been traded yet, and the Jets defense has been decimated. DT Mike DeVito and NT Sione Po’uha are already out the door while safety LaRon Landry is expected to follow shortly."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

i agree with rusty that BB handles the salary cap pretty well....however i agree with you that it is possible for teams to get significantly under the cap, as the jets are trying to do right now....but the jets are as poor a run team as it gets in the NFL...

the Pats and BB as well as Ernie Adams and Jon Kraft handle the cap better than any team in the NFL. I, and many others however have questioned GM BB's use of those available funds. To some on this board, questioning BB is highly offensive and against board policy.

I thought 4 and 5 years ago the Jets were a worthy opponant, and the last team I wanted to see in the playoffs. Today, they are in rebuild mode and it remains to be seen if Idzek is the guy capable of rebuilding, and if Rex is the right guy to coax 6-7 wins out of the team.

That being said, I was ravaged for 2 months when I said that the Jets could go from $31 million over the cap to $20-$30 million under the cap, and do it by 3/12/13 at 4:00pm.

Well they did it by 3/12/13 10:00pm, and they have still yet to cut Tebow or rengotiate Mangold and Harris, and they did resign Garrard and tendered Howard.

Truthfully, I dont care if they did it or not. I am not a Jets fan, and I take great pleasure and heartache in the Pats.  I simply take offense that I questioned "salary cap hell" comments  2 months ago by "warnings were out" Rusty, and this fool Rusty wont leave me alone about it for 2 months straight. So now, call that fool a fool, because it was done...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

rkarp/Rusty

The bottom line is the jet's are a mess plain and simple. You guys can play semantics all you want but the bottom line is that the jet's were mismanaged to the point that they had to cut numerous players regardless of their talent level and had to restructure others just to get the league mandated cap number. It is pretty much as simple as that.

Each of you are making arguements that make you technically correct but the issue for us as Pat's fans is that they will not be relevant this year or next year because of the mess they created for themselves.

ditto that............

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

rkarp/Rusty

The bottom line is the jet's are a mess plain and simple. You guys can play semantics all you want but the bottom line is that the jet's were mismanaged to the point that they had to cut numerous players regardless of their talent level and had to restructure others just to get the league mandated cap number. It is pretty much as simple as that.

Each of you are making arguements that make you technically correct but the issue for us as Pat's fans is that they will not be relevant this year or next year because of the mess they created for themselves.

doesnt every team have to do the same, including the Pats? If Brady wasnt extended in an unheard of manner, where would the Pats be with about $8M in cap space and 18 unsigned players?

My point was that the Jets were cutting non players like Scott, Smith, Smith...and letting unproductive players go like Greene, Keller and injury risk Landry. In essence, the Jets are letting bad players, aging players or injury plagues players go. Isnt that good policy? The fact that there is no depthe behind those players is poor talent management, not salary cap hell.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude you already got smoked with this. Why not let it go already.

They still are not 30 mil under and the deadline passed. They had to lose tons of players to make room. Kelleher is reportedly visiting the Dolphins and just how active have the Jets been able to be in early FA with all the neeeds they now have? They are still busy restructuring and cutting.

King or Rusty might get intolerable but Man up already. Sheesh.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.   The entire board is still waiting for RKrap to do this, 8 months later.

[/QUOTE]

Dude the entire board isn't waiting. Just you...let it go already

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Again it's just you that is waiting. I for one don't care so that ruins your "entire board" thing.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts