Roads, peds and the NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Roads, peds and the NFL

With the bomb about to be dropped in baseball will any of this carry over to the NFL?   They say 20 bb players may be suspended for steroids *i believe* today. 2 of which could include cabarra and a-roid.  

The NFL being proactive on concussions, will they take the lead and try to clean the sport from " deer antler spray" and other bad things?   Or will the NFLPA block any measures the league try's to implement ?  I know that there will be people saying the cb agreement is in place and they can't do anything. My bet is the court of public opinion will trump the NFLPA when it comes down to it. 

Edit:  bit by the iPad again.  Roids, peds and the NFL 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Roads, peds and the NFL

Sadly for me it seems that the general public is going in the opposite direction.  They are growing tired of hearing about it and don't think it is a big deal.  We now have a generation of people who have grown up with PEDs in sports and general society.  There are plenty of people in the general public who take "supplements" or something stronger.  Polls of young people in particular show that they don't care.

As for the NFL right now there primary/secondary focus is on minimizing the effects of lawsuits brought on by concussions.  I don't expect further movement on testing until the next CBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm inclined to agree with Catfish.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

The entire topic of juicing in pro sports is a joke. If they REALLY want to rid the NFL or Major Leagues of roid use....test EVERY player as much as it takes. I don't want to hear that the cost is too high....both sports have plenty of $$ to make it happen.

Isn't it obvious by now that they are protecting the big "stars" that bring in the big $$? All pro sports can get rid of the juicing if they want to bad enough...I just don't believe they really want it gone....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

The entire topic of juicing in pro sports is a joke. If they REALLY want to rid the NFL or Major Leagues of roid use....test EVERY player as much as it takes. I don't want to hear that the cost is too high....both sports have plenty of $$ to make it happen.

Isn't it obvious by now that they are protecting the big "stars" that bring in the big $$? All pro sports can get rid of the juicing if they want to bad enough...I just don't believe they really want it gone....

Sure seems so. Just do Olympic testing. If you want to make millions you have to play with in the rules.  Don't these guys give a blood sample at the combine? I know their not in the union yet but it seems like its an accepted practice. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

You do realize that if the nfl adopts USADA style testing regimen the entire league is going to take a quantum leap backwards as far as level of play.  Especially the lineman, it would eventually go back to 70s style and even most of them took peds. Veterans would really ware down by the end of the season. 

Players are only tested once or twice a year now, but USADA testing would be constant and really tough to cheat.

Some of them start using in college if not sooner.  

"I swear it upon Zues an exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

No need to test every athlete. Just make the penalty of getting caught hurt so much that taking the risk is not worth it anymore. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

You do realize that if the nfl adopts USADA style testing regimen the entire league is going to take a quantum leap backwards as far as level of play.

So are you saying you support the use of harmful drugs like roids to ensure a more exciting game for you? What ever happened to working your butt off to be the best? It's a sad sad world we live in (if) we rely on drugs to keep our athletes competitive.....

I don't have all the answers, and I'm very aware that a HUGE percentage of pro athletes are using PEDs. But to try and put blame on PED drugs for a drop in game production & "level of play" seems a bit backward. I would love for all pro sports to be drug free, but have doubts that we will ever truly see that day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Adderall is a red herring.....very, very few players are actually using them.....

Remember, for those that are slow on the uptake.....claiming is not the same as using.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from free-jodi-arias-now. Show free-jodi-arias-now's posts

You do realize that if the nfl adopts USADA style testing regimen the entire league is going to take a quantum leap backwards as far as level of play.  Especially the lineman, it would eventually go back to 70s style and even most of them took peds. Veterans would really ware down by the end of the season. 

Players are only tested once or twice a year now, but USADA testing would be constant and really tough to cheat.

Some of them start using in college if not sooner.  

Tydog

HGH use in the NFL is like ordering a slice of pizza; getting a shot before a game is like drinking your Gator Ade. If you're looking for purity in the NFL you won't find it. Whether it's the union, ownership or advertisers they all want the same thing: the cash register to ring.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

You do realize that if the nfl adopts USADA style testing regimen the entire league is going to take a quantum leap backwards as far as level of play.

So are you saying you support the use of harmful drugs like roids to ensure a more exciting game for you? What ever happened to working your butt off to be the best? It's a sad sad world we live in (if) we rely on drugs to keep our athletes competitive.....

I don't have all the answers, and I'm very aware that a HUGE percentage of pro athletes are using PEDs. But to try and put blame on PED drugs for a drop in game production & "level of play" seems a bit backward. I would love for all pro sports to be drug free, but have doubts that we will ever truly see that day.

I support the responsible use of PEDs in pro sports (most of them are not really that harmfull if used responsibly).  Football in itself is  much more harmfull to the body than  taking roids.

As far as working your butt of to be the best, you can actually train harder than you could naturally while on PEDs

As long as there is big money in pro sports PEDs of some fashion are here to stay, like it or not.

supposedly whenever/if  genetic doping hits the scene roid will be obsolete. 

There is a pretty cool documentary that you can watch on youtube called "Bigger Stronger Faster" covers a lot of angles in the steriod debate.

Sections
Shortcuts