Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE

Before we all freakout.... let it be known...

From rotoworld:

Rob Gronkowski exited Gillette Stadium with a walking boot on his left ankle following Sunday's AFC Championship Game win.
    The secretive Patriots may milk the ankle on the Super Bowl injury report, but the fact that Gronkowski returned to Sunday's win suggests the ailment isn't serious. "Yeah, it's fine," Gronkowski told reporters following the game. The Boston Herald's Ian Rapoport also noticed that Gronkowski's ankle wasn't particularly swollen. Look for him to be near 100 percent in two weeks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE

GREAT !!!!  we will need a huge game from him in the SB !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks, Getzo.  I seen pictures of him on ESPN wearing the walking boot but didn't hear about the report from Ian Rapoport. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

NP.. couple that with the fact he is young, came back to the game, and has an extra week to get healthy... he'll be no less than 90%, which will probably be better then what we saw from him today.  TB needs to get his accuracy back too. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He might have twisted it or had a mild sprain but should be alright if they shot it up right away.

Better to be on the side of caution though. I'd tell him not to take that boot off until next week

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

I was at the game and everybody had chills watching Gronk walking slowly to the Pats sideline. Still, he was able to put some weight on that foot. He went into the locker room but came back for the game-winning drive. Everybody went wild when #87 came back! He was walking around with no boot during the AFC trophy presentation so the injury is nothing more than an ankle sprain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Who hit him, our good friend Bernard Pollard.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He'll be fine... two weeks to rest and treatment and he'll be ready to GRONK the Giants!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

When he returned to the game that told me that the injury was probably not horrible.  If anyone can heal quickly it's the Gronk.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nolastname. Show nolastname's posts

So we have the Giants re-match storyline, and now another walking boot subplot.  At least Gronk won't be seen around the streets of New York with flowers in hand, and wearing the walking boot.  At least he better not be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE:
    Posted by ANONMD08

It was a perfectly legal and normal tackle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE : It was a perfectly legal and normal tackle.
    Posted by sheldong

Yes, see that kind of tackle all the time..legs simply got wrapped up underneath.  Would be different if Pollard went at the knees and lower with twisting motions.  But, I wonder, when he looked down and noticed Gronk looked hurt, you think his mind went.. " heck yeah, I hurt him!!" ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

When he returned to the game that told me that the injury was probably not horrible.  If anyone can heal quickly it's the Gronk.
    Posted by ATJ

Agreed. When I saw the reply, my only concern was that it could be broken, but once he came back, I knew we would be OK. Probably testimony to not only how great a weapon the Gronk is but how incredibly strong his body is (remember the fall on his head/neck that looked like it might kill a lesser man? no problem for the Gronk!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Looked like a sprain.  Gronk don't miss games for sprains. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Earlier in the game Pollard was going right at a rb(wood or Benny?) knees, but he did get blocked from behind by AH. Its just strange that this guy is always around or close to a Patriot injury???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I saw the play where he twisted the leg a couple of times like the rest of you.  It could have been a lot worse if the guy would have fallen on the leg while the foot was twisted around.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

Posted by ANONMD08

Well, as somebody said: "If Pollard could not kill Gronk, nothing can kill Gronk".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE : It was a perfectly legal and normal tackle.
    Posted by sheldong

=======================
    I don't think so.  I think he positioned himself during that tackle to increase the possibility of his body rolling over Gronk in a way that might cause an injury.  Most of the injuries I've seen, happen not from hard hits, necessarily, but from awkward twists and roll-overs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

pollard is a dirty player and should be fined/banned

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

one day pollard will be sad to see the only time his name is ever mentioned again is when he hurt the greats of the game, not the best way to go down in NFL infamy. Karma is a b!tch

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by sheldong

Yeah, but this guy is like the angel of death for us.  We should knee-cap him the next time he is in a game.  Just send some guy right at him first play from scrimmage and bust him right in the knee.  Yeah, I'm like that.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Honestly.. you guys should listen to me more often.....

AGAIN.. from roto:

NFL Network's Lindsay Soto spotted Rob Gronkowski (ankle, questionable) "practically running" to the Patriots' team bus in Indianapolis Sunday.

Per Soto, it was "as if (Gronkowski) knew we'd be watching his ankle and wanted to send us a message." Gronkowski will require a post-Super Bowl ankle scope, but he's playing against the Giants. It will be somewhat interesting to see whether Gronkowski gets in any limited practices during the upcoming week.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Honestly.. you guys should listen to me more often..... AGAIN.. from roto: NFL Network's Lindsay Soto spotted Rob Gronkowski (ankle, questionable) "practically running" to the Patriots' team bus in Indianapolis Sunday. Per Soto, it was "as if (Gronkowski) knew we'd be watching his ankle and wanted to send us a message." Gronkowski will require a post-Super Bowl ankle scope, but he's playing against the Giants. It will be somewhat interesting to see whether Gronkowski gets in any limited practices during the upcoming week.
    Posted by Getzo

That's great news, but keep that walking boot on and help that injury heal the best it can before game time. Everyone needs practice but with his raw physical abilities he will be an impact come game time. Any one think if he is on the field they wont double team him still? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE : That's great news, but keep that walking boot on and help that injury heal the best it can before game time. Everyone needs practice but with his raw physical abilities he will be an impact come game time. Any one think if he is on the field they wont double team him still? 
    Posted by freediro

I agree. They have to double him and I bet he's very affective even with the ankle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Kind of an interesting thought, but what if they don't double him - I got to think he'd have 10 catches with one leg if he's singled. And if they double a guy with a bum leg...they're wasting resources. I still think the guy plays at around 80% - when you're his age things heal up fast. You rap a whole role of tape on it, shoot it up and let adrenalin do the rest.

Sections
Shortcuts