Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE

I noticed he had no limp at all as he walked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE:
    I noticed he had no limp at all as he walked.
    Posted by TheExaminer

The walking boot certainly helped, but I agree, no noticeable discomfort nor was he nursing it..at all! A very encouraging sign for the team. You have to think that BB will take it easy on him in practice in the upcoming week and he'll be suited up and ready to go on Sunday. Even if the kid had a broken leg, he'd play. Have you seen his passion and utter happiness when he's on the football field? It's what he lives for. Kid is having a blast. He ainna gonna miss nothinnn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlderbutWiser. Show OlderbutWiser's posts

I'll wait until he practices or plays in the game without practicing to see how it effects him. Walking is not the same as pushing off against resistance and cutting. Pollard hurts other players and is proud of the resultant injuries. He ended the season for Brady (the greatest quarterback), Gonzalez (at the time the best TE), and tried to end Gronkowski's season (the best TE). It is not coincidence that he is involved with injuries ending a star football player's season. Hines Ward does ot think kindly of him either. The hit on Gronkowski appears to be applled force with torque with the intent to hurt him. He twists the lower legs inward before applying his full weight to the lower legs. He s a dirty player. Hearing that Gronkowski will play is good news. The Patriots need him to occupy two or more defenders, catch and run, and block. He is an integral part of the offensive production. If he is at or below 80% the Giants won't need to double him and that will increase the pressure put on Brady and others.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

In response to "Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE":
    In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE : Yes, see that kind of tackle all the time..legs simply got wrapped up underneath.  Would be different if Pollard went at the knees and lower with twisting motions.  But, I wonder, when he looked down and noticed Gronk looked hurt, you think his mind went.. " heck yeah, I hurt him!!" ? Posted by agcsbill
    I can't articulate it, but there is something wrong with that style off tackling. Guys are always getting injured when they get tackled high and the tackler lands on the legs of the tackled (if that's even a word). It reminds me of the horse-collar which is illegal. I know there's no rule against it but guys get hurt in this situation. Reminds me of whe TO broke his ankle when he was with the Eagles. I'm biased...I think Pollard is always pushing the limit...he's out to injure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

I'll wait until he practices or plays in the game without practicing to see how it effects him. Walking is not the same as pushing off against resistance and cutting. Pollard hurts other players and is proud of the resultant injuries. He ended the season for Brady (the greatest quarterback), Gonzalez (at the time the best TE), and tried to end Gronkowski's season (the best TE). It is not coincidence that he is involved with injuries ending a star football player's season. Hines Ward does ot think kindly of him either. The hit on Gronkowski appears to be applled force with torque with the intent to hurt him. He twists the lower legs inward before applying his full weight to the lower legs. He s a dirty player. Hearing that Gronkowski will play is good news. The Patriots need him to occupy two or more defenders, catch and run, and block. He is an integral part of the offensive production. If he is at or below 80% the Giants won't need to double him and that will increase the pressure put on Brady and others. Posted by OlderbutWiser
    You articulated this better than I did. It's an intentional tackle that in most cases injures the other player. The league needs to figure this out and do something about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

I'll wait until he practices or plays in the game without practicing to see how it effects him. Walking is not the same as pushing off against resistance and cutting. Pollard hurts other players and is proud of the resultant injuries. He ended the season for Brady (the greatest quarterback), Gonzalez (at the time the best TE), and tried to end Gronkowski's season (the best TE). It is not coincidence that he is involved with injuries ending a star football player's season. Hines Ward does ot think kindly of him either. The hit on Gronkowski appears to be applled force with torque with the intent to hurt him. He twists the lower legs inward before applying his full weight to the lower legs. He s a dirty player. Hearing that Gronkowski will play is good news. The Patriots need him to occupy two or more defenders, catch and run, and block. He is an integral part of the offensive production. If he is at or below 80% the Giants won't need to double him and that will increase the pressure put on Brady and others. Posted by OlderbutWiser
    You articulated this better than I did. It's an intentional tackle that in most cases injures the other player. The league needs to figure this out and do something about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE : Yes, see that kind of tackle all the time..legs simply got wrapped up underneath.  Would be different if Pollard went at the knees and lower with twisting motions.  But, I wonder, when he looked down and noticed Gronk looked hurt, you think his mind went.. " heck yeah, I hurt him!!" ? Posted by agcsbill
    I can't articulate it, but there is something wrong with that style off tackling. Guys are always getting injured when they get tackled high and the tackler lands on the legs of the tackled (if that's even a word). It reminds me of the horse-collar which is illegal. I know there's no rule against it but guys get hurt in this situation. Reminds me of whe TO broke his ankle when he was with the Eagles. I'm biased...I think Pollard is always pushing the limit...he's out to injure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I saw the video of him coming off the plane and we walking real fast and seemed like it wasn't that bad. Go Gronk!

Go Pats!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The league probably should have all offensive players wear detachable flags on their belts and when the defensive players removes the flag the play would be considered dead at that point.  This would ensure no one gets hurts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Honestly.. you guys should listen to me more often..... AGAIN.. from roto: NFL Network's Lindsay Soto spotted Rob Gronkowski (ankle, questionable) "practically running" to the Patriots' team bus in Indianapolis Sunday. Per Soto, it was "as if (Gronkowski) knew we'd be watching his ankle and wanted to send us a message." Gronkowski will require a post-Super Bowl ankle scope, but he's playing against the Giants. It will be somewhat interesting to see whether Gronkowski gets in any limited practices during the upcoming week.
    Posted by Getzo

lol...mebbe we will.  Our eyes deceived us.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Kind of an interesting thought, but what if they don't double him - I got to think he'd have 10 catches with one leg if he's singled. And if they double a guy with a bum leg...they're wasting resources. I still think the guy plays at around 80% - when you're his age things heal up fast. You rap a whole role of tape on it, shoot it up and let adrenalin do the rest.
    Posted by mthurl

sorta doesn't matter if they double him or not.  The key thing for me was just having Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker all on the field.....without any one of them for the game would have had a huge impact on the patriot offense....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenderSRV. Show fenderSRV's posts

Ok everybody knows GRONK is going to play in the SB! But how effective will he be? That's the real question. Pollard is a b*tch! He tried to hurt gronk but let's get real we are in the SB so we have to do or best. We can't count on gronk to do it all. BraDy has to be on point and at 100%, our offensive line needs to protect Brady As well as open up the running game. Our defense I think has the biggest challenge bc as we all know our defense this year was aweful against the pass and the giants have 3 very good WR. We need to get to Eli and mix it up on offense as well as defense. This is going to be a team effort to win! So that being said.. F**k the giants!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I too am hopeful.

However, as someone mentioned, walking is not cutting.

Here is an article on Steeler's Pouncey (young guy too) leading up to last year's SB.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17043284/gronkowski-says-hell-play-but-high-ankle-sprains-arent-easy-to-shake-off

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Gronkowski will have the ankle wrapped to high heaven and likely get a big ole shot of marcaine in the ankle to numb it up so he cannot feel the pain...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordlim. Show lordlim's posts

Gronk will run over that lousy secondary!!! Let's do this already!!!!

In Response to Rob Gronkowski - UPDATE:
    Before we all freakout.... let it be known... From rotoworld: Rob Gronkowski exited Gillette Stadium with a walking boot on his left ankle following Sunday's AFC Championship Game win. The secretive Patriots may milk the ankle on the Super Bowl injury report, but the fact that Gronkowski returned to Sunday's win suggests the ailment isn't serious. "Yeah, it's fine," Gronkowski told reporters following the game. The Boston Herald's Ian Rapoport also noticed that Gronkowski's ankle wasn't particularly swollen. Look for him to be near 100 percent in two weeks.
    Posted by Getzo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The only thing that I've heard said about the injury is from Gronk's father saying it was a high ankle sprain. Assuming Gronk's father is correct I've heard doctor's on the radio saying he will not be able to play. I am not a doctor (though I have heard several on the radio speak about this injury which they have not examined) but it seems doubtful he will be anywhere near 100%. If he can pull a Terrel Owens (play great when doctor's said it could not be done) then the Pats should be OK running their normal offense but otherwise the Pats will not be able to run much (Hernandez is not really on the field for his blocking and Vollmer would need to be healthy for Solder to play tight end). Ochocinco might have to play lights out for the Pats to have  a chance to win this week. A scary thought but maybe it's destiny that Ochocinco is the key man in the super bowl.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

pollard is a dirty player and should be fined/banned
    Posted by natesubs

That was a legal tackle. Give me a break.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Rob Gronkowski is scheduled to be at podium No. 1 at Media Day (10 a.m.). Fitting, as his injury status is a No. 1 storyline for Patriots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Gronk will play . . . he's tough as nails.  The real question in my mind is whether he'll be as effective as usual.  We really need him to be that big, reliable target to catch the ball when the rush is coming.  If he isn't effective, I think our receiving corp starts to get thin.  Welker, Hernandez, and Gronk is a a tough package for the defenders to handle.  Take out any one of those three, though, and things get significantly easier for the defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I am at home sick and Gronk walked out on the field with no Boot!!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

some pics from Mike Reis

full pic: http://twitpic.com/8dzrzh

Looks like he's going to be alright for the game on Sunday!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

It was funny watching Marshall and Sapp talking like doctors saying Gronk should be in a compression sock and the Pats are making a grave mistake! Are those guys serious. If he needed to be in a compression sock I think the Pats would have him in one. Clowns.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It was funny watching Marshall and Sapp talking like doctors saying Gronk should be in a compression sock and the Pats are making a grave mistake! Are those guys serious. If he needed to be in a compression sock I think the Pats would have him in one. Clowns.
    Posted by raptor64d

I wonder who Marshall Faulk is picking to win the SB??

LOL!!!

Sections
Shortcuts