Rob Gronkowski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Rob Gronkowski

We got our TE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Rob Gronkowski

aewsome

i had this picked on another thread: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3adfa52add-bab4-446c-85b8-be8f1bab5529

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

NFL network was calling this pick a steal for the Pats.......I like this one....let's see what's next!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

great pick. What's up with not showing any actual game footage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Now THIS is what we're talking about.  HUGE pick for the Patriots.  Gronkowski is going to be a beast.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski:
    lol ravens, Kindle, guy with one knee.
    Posted by pochen23

and narcolepsy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The only thing I have concerns about is his back but if they think it's healthy then it's a good pick. He's a Pats type of TE, BIG. He's a good blocker that will get better and he's better then average hands. Just don't expect any real homerun plays. He's a very solid receiver but not the best in YAC and get the most from holes in the secondary. I see him as a better blocking Fauria

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

what did they give to move up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

scouting report

Strengths:
    Excellent height and bulk with long arms and large hands --- Terrific natural athleticism --- Soft, reliable hands --- Superb body control and ball skills --- Good route runner who knows how to get open --- Able to get off the line and beat the jam --- Runs hard after the catch and will break tackles --- Flashes some strength and power --- Excellent blocker both in-line and in space --- Plays with an edge and finishes --- A Hard Worker --- Tough --- Competitive --- Productive --- Fantastic  Bloodlines. 

Weaknesses:
    Health / Durability are major concerns --- Not very explosive --- Is a bit stiff --- Average game speed, acceleration and quickness --- Doesn't get a lot of separation --- Won't be much of a vertical weapon --- Not real elusive and won't make people miss --- Is  relatively inexperienced. 

sounds like health is the only real issue....i love the pick

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

This guy is going to spend more time injured than he'll be playing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

I hope Gronkowski (damn..if this guy is productive, this could be a mouthful) can block and helo keep TB on his feet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

The only thing I have concerns about is his back but if they think it's healthy then it's a good pick. He's a Pats type of TE, BIG. He's a good blocker that will get better and he's better then average hands. Just don't expect any real homerun plays. He's a very solid receiver but not the best in YAC and get the most from holes in the secondary. I see him as a better blocking Fauria
    Posted by PatsEng

How does he compare to Ben Coats?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

scouting report Strengths: Excellent height and bulk with long arms and large hands --- Terrific natural athleticism --- Soft, reliable hands --- Superb body control and ball skills --- Good route runner who knows how to get open --- Able to get off the line and beat the jam --- Runs hard after the catch and will break tackles --- Flashes some strength and power --- Excellent blocker both in-line and in space --- Plays with an edge and finishes --- A Hard Worker --- Tough --- Competitive --- Productive --- Fantastic  Bloodlines.  Weaknesses: Health / Durability are major concerns --- Not very explosive --- Is a bit stiff --- Average game speed, acceleration and quickness --- Doesn't get a lot of separation --- Won't be much of a vertical weapon --- Not real elusive and won't make people miss --- Is  relatively inexperienced.  sounds like health is the only real issue....i love the pick
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

so exciiiiiiiited

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

NE doesnt even use TE's....wasted pick...could have wasted that pick in another round....smh.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

GRONK!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

NE doesnt even use TE's....wasted pick...could have wasted that pick in another round....smh.....
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

They didn't use the TE because they didn't have anyone useful.  Gronkowski will be a hurt part of the passing game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski : They didn't use the TE because they didn't have anyone useful.  Gronkowski will be a hurt part of the passing game.
    Posted by pyegian

I'll believe it when I see it.  Now we are about to lose out on Golden Tate to either KC or Pitt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski : I'll believe it when I see it.  Now we are about to lose out on Golden Tate to either KC or Pitt.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx

tate is still on the board

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Gronkowski : tate is still on the board
    Posted by Joakimbrian

cross your fingers!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

http://www.mefeedia.com/news/30204838

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Overall, I'm trully liking what Bill Belichick is doing so far in this draft.  Far, far better draft so far even after merely 2 selections, than again-imho 5! Previous Draft Classes (at least).

Belichick is taking the VERY best of 2 worlds it seems:  He's selecting absolute fierce competitive beasts who are extremely intelligent and have a true love and knowledge of this game, AND He's not selling the "physical athlete" aspects of any of these guys, Short in this process.  

Gronkowski is something like 6'6 1/2 and 264lbs...ALL academic and totally fearless in blocking and taking any hit over the middle.  Gronkowski's considered by most scouts, THE most well-rounded TE in BOTH his Blocking and Pass-Catching abilities.  Pass-Catching-Great route runner, great off breaks and is actually FASTER than Gresham by his 4.65 Pro Day 40.  Super strong in Blocking and does it fiercely...

In recent past drafts, I have greatly criticized Bill Belichick by selling short and passing on a Draftee with far superior physical abilities, And subsequently selecting a player who's 10 X the worse Football Player, but a player who has wonderful "intangibles".  And yea, "Intangibles" are great and all, but Belichick was passing on far better players NOT because those better Football Players had BAD intangibles, but because the less-gifted athlete had UNreal "intangibles."  YET here, Belichick is marrying the best of BOTH worlds.  Trully superb imo.

And jesus, ya gotta figure that NE has lmao-6 Picks in the first 90 picks...Do you ALL fully understand that?  You're not even suppossed to have 3 picks in just exactly 90 selections...and this is the deepest draft in 10, and arguably 15 years.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

hes awesome

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

The 1 single ONLY question mark with Gronkowski was his back surgery, but after his performance when he looked like a freakin' All-Pro during Arizona's Pro Day and after getting further checked out by a few more doctors, The "Back-Surgery" issue, Fell by the wayside big time.  This is funny...IF I personally HAD to pick whom I wanted as the E and CB of my team, given ANY and EVERY selection in this draft, I would have gone with Gronkowski and McCourty.  Haden @ CB is an unbelievable athlete, but the love of the game imo just ain't there...doing the grunt extra work certainly isn't there in either Haden OR the CB from Boise St.  AND the same holds true for shortcomings i other TEs-Gresham has the size ya want, but Gresham doesn't give 2 sh#ts about blocking...at all.  Hernandez is massively undersized @ TE, and somewhat same on Dennis Pitta.  Pitta's like 6'4 and 244lbs and Pitta would have been my other choice at TE, but with Gronkowski's health as A-O.k., and his even bigger size, better blocking than Pitta equal route-running but actually even faster than the smaller Dennis Pitta-Gronkowski's another fantastic choice.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

vollmer had a back surgery question mark coming out last year... and we all see how that worked out.  SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS PICK! hope we get to see NE go back to using their big bodied guys in the passing game. LOVE THIS PICK!

Sections
Shortcuts