Rob Ninkovich Extended through 2016

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Rob Ninkovich Extended through 2016

For me PatsEng It really comes down to how much Talib wants and what he can get on the open market. This is linked with his performance this year on a one-year deal. It seems like BB has an history of letting DBs go after a one-year deal, especially of the $$ is too much. I could arguably see Hightower taking Spike's spot. Ideally I'd like to retain all four players, but with Talib hitting free agency I honestly don't what will happen and how the numbers will fall. Strange things happen in free agency; teams overpay; inflated values at certain positions; even something like Talib signing elsewheere and the Pats signing.....Donte Witner......could conceivably happen.  and yeah I realize Witner is SS not a CB. Part of this is why would BB extend Arrington and not sign Talib to a longer deal?? Clearly Talib and his agent want to at least test the open market or BB wants Talib to perform great in contract year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

For me PatsEng It really comes down to how much Talib wants and what he can get on the open market. This is linked with his performance this year on a one-year deal. It seems like BB has an history of letting DBs go after a one-year deal, especially of the $$ is too much. I could arguably see Hightower taking Spike's spot. Ideally I'd like to retain all four players, but with Talib hitting free agency I honestly don't what will happen and how the numbers will fall. Strange things happen in free agency; teams overpay; inflated values at certain positions; even something like Talib signing elsewheere and the Pats signing.....Donte Witner......could conceivably happen.  and yeah I realize Witner is SS not a CB. Part of this is why would BB extend Arrington and not sign Talib to a longer deal?? Clearly Talib and his agent want to at least test the open market or BB wants Talib to perform great in contract year.

Oh I completely agree, that of the 3 Talib is most likely going to bolt and I might be alright with that. When Talib is on he's a top 15 corner in the league but he can be inconsistent week to week and has trouble staying on the field for a full season. If I were the Pats I'd let him hit the open market as I'm not sure the market his agent thinks there is really exists. I think his market is limited by how he left Tampa and his inconsistent play at times. I'd like to have him back if it's ~5mil a year but won't be heart broken if he isn't, provided they spend the money on someone else (ie Witner would be a great pickup depending on what Gregory and Harmon do the rest of the year). But, there should be plenty of room to extend all 4 if we want. It's more a matter of if the price he's asking for is more than his value to the team, not a matter if there will be enough cap room imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I still say he's Vrabes Jr. until he starts catching touchdowns. 

Sections
Shortcuts