Rob Ninkovich?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Rob Ninkovich?!

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I don't want to act like he didn't have a great year when he did, but Trevor Scott is a better player. I hope he doesn't miss the rest of the year because he's earned it, but I'd still rather have Scott out there. 

Ninkovich isn't a real 4-3 DE, there's a reason why he couldn't get a job anywhere at that position. He's best suit as a 4-3 OLB, but Mayo and Hightower already have that locked. 

If he was a better player he would have started over him.

See BenJarivus Green-Ellis over Stevan Ridley in the playoffs last year and tell me again in Belichick always goes with the better player or if he goes with the player he trusts more. 

Ummm - and how do you separate the two? If a RB cant take care of the ball then he is not as good a player. BB didnt want to take that chance. It was too bad but I cant blame him.

It is like asking the question would you sit a QB who throws too many ints or play him because he is a "better player"? The question really doesnt make much sense. Not protecting the ball is a key part of what makes a player better or worse.

What annoyed me about the Ridley thing in the SB was how BB activated Ridley and benched Faulk, but didn't use Ridley.  I think Ridley saw the field once or twice and lined up at WR.

Overall, as everyone knows, I hated how they ran the offense for the last 4 drives of the second half.

Too much Woodhead equates to a loss for this team against the better Ds/the ones that match up well against our shotgun spread.

What annoys me is how you can go around saying people "mock" Bill Belichick's drafts, but here you are questioning his personnel and coaching decisions. Let us know when Lombardi and Belichick hire you to be their assistant. Fraud.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I don't want to act like he didn't have a great year when he did, but Trevor Scott is a better player. I hope he doesn't miss the rest of the year because he's earned it, but I'd still rather have Scott out there. 

Ninkovich isn't a real 4-3 DE, there's a reason why he couldn't get a job anywhere at that position. He's best suit as a 4-3 OLB, but Mayo and Hightower already have that locked. 

If he was a better player he would have started over him.

See BenJarivus Green-Ellis over Stevan Ridley in the playoffs last year and tell me again in Belichick always goes with the better player or if he goes with the player he trusts more. 

Ummm - and how do you separate the two? If a RB cant take care of the ball then he is not as good a player. BB didnt want to take that chance. It was too bad but I cant blame him.

It is like asking the question would you sit a QB who throws too many ints or play him because he is a "better player"? The question really doesnt make much sense. Not protecting the ball is a key part of what makes a player better or worse.

What annoyed me about the Ridley thing in the SB was how BB activated Ridley and benched Faulk, but didn't use Ridley.  I think Ridley saw the field once or twice and lined up at WR.

Overall, as everyone knows, I hated how they ran the offense for the last 4 drives of the second half.

Too much Woodhead equates to a loss for this team against the better Ds/the ones that match up well against our shotgun spread.

What annoys me is how you can go around saying people "mock" Bill Belichick's drafts, but here you are questioning his personnel and coaching decisions. Let us know when Lombardi and Belichick hire you to be their assistant. Fraud.

I don't question personnel. I love what he has here. 

I don't like how Brady runs the offense against good or great Ds, yes.  Last night, it was well done by and he McDaniels.

Glad I could help. I've called almost everything right on these board for the last 3 years, dummy.

Oh my lord...I just peed my pants laughing!!! I don't know what's funnier though, that or watching babe, pezz, texas, zbellino, rkarp, and many many others school you on a daily basis. Now that's funny right there:) Christ, I even think your fake accounts take you to school.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Too bad for Nink and us - he was playing solid. I do like what Scott seems to bring whenever he comes in, plus we just got Cunningham back....so who knows? I'm not a big Nink fan, but I feel bad for him...it looked like a knee to me and if so this will be his third.

They said hip. Did you see something else?

Nope, but when he was on the ground it looked like he was pointing to his knee to the trainer...left one. Who knows? Would a hip cause him to do that? I don't know, maybe.

Happens at the 6:28 mark of the 2nd quarter, if you DVR'd the game. Nink first taps his left hip a couple of times, upon which the trainer gingerly puts his hand on the left hip. A moment later, he lifts up his right leg and puts both hands on his thigh, just above the knee, for a second. At this point, it is hard to tell whether it is the left hip or the right knee that is the problem. But when they lift him up off the ground, he puts all of his weight on the right leg, and winces when he tries to put any on the left.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

The Herald is reporting it's strained hip muscles and that test showed it wasn't anything too serious.

For whatever that's worth it's good news.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Too bad for Nink and us - he was playing solid. I do like what Scott seems to bring whenever he comes in, plus we just got Cunningham back....so who knows? I'm not a big Nink fan, but I feel bad for him...it looked like a knee to me and if so this will be his third.

They said hip. Did you see something else?

Nope, but when he was on the ground it looked like he was pointing to his knee to the trainer...left one. Who knows? Would a hip cause him to do that? I don't know, maybe.

Happens at the 6:28 mark of the 2nd quarter, if you DVR'd the game. Nink first taps his left hip a couple of times, upon which the trainer gingerly puts his hand on the left hip. A moment later, he lifts up his right leg and puts both hands on his thigh, just above the knee, for a second. At this point, it is hard to tell whether it is the left hip or the right knee that is the problem. But when they lift him up off the ground, he puts all of his weight on the right leg, and winces when he tries to put any on the left.

Ok thanks, good info. I knew it was his left and it appeared like the knee, but I don't remember seeing the tapping on his hip. Good stuff.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

The Herald is reporting it's strained hip muscles and that test showed it wasn't anything too serious.

For whatever that's worth it's good news.

That would be great news - I hate to see a guy try as hard as he has to improve himself from that early season Buffalo game, miss the playoffs. Or have his career be over with a Colvin type injury.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

I don't know if Jeff Howe is considered reliable or not but he claims Nink could psssibly play in the Divisional Round.

Let's hope so because the depth will be needed. They're starting to have a pretty decent rotation at DE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Did anyone  actually see how ninkovich got injured? Did he walk off the field on his own power? any reports on how he looked after the game? He most likely  suffered a bruise. Just by the nature if a hip, compared to a knee , ankle, or foot, other types of injuries- fractures, ligament tears, capsular tears, are a lot less likely

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Shtarka's comment:

Did anyone  actually see how ninkovich got injured? Did he walk off the field on his own power? any reports on how he looked after the game? He most likely  suffered a bruise. Just by the nature if a hip, compared to a knee , ankle, or foot, other types of injuries- fractures, ligament tears, capsular tears, are a lot less likely

He had to be helped off and it looked like he couldn't put any weight on his left leg. He went directly to the locker room and no one saw him after the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Hopefully not a fracture and only a bruise, but the way these guys hit each other, he could have torn a major muscle.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

All of a sudden Nink has become Willy McGuinnest, haha...here's hopin' he is ready to go in 2 weeks...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

It does look like the d-line is coming together pretty well leading into the playoffs.

Scott and Francis took advantage of the opportunity for more playing time. Francis has been a really nice surprise.

I admit that when Brace was cut I wondered if we'd see Gerard Warren back. They seem a little thin at DT but having some DE's that can rotate inside situationally helps buffer that somewhat.

Overall it's encouraging.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

You are absolutely correctl...let's hope Nink is 100%!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots DE Rob Ninkovich (hip) has "avoided a serious injury" and has a "good chance" to play when the Patriots open up their playoff schedule on January 13.

Ninkovich left Sunday's win over the Dolphins and never returned to the contest, so there was certainly a level of concern for the Patriots' sack master. Reportedly, he's just suffered some "strained muscles in his hip." Ninkovich set a new career-high with eight sacks this season. He'll have two weeks to rest up as the Patriots secured a first-round bye for the postseason.  
    Nink is OK.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

No hasn't. Scott has no 3-4 experience and has little work this year as a 3 down guy. Also, Nink has a league leading 5 forced fumbles.

Don't do that.  Nink is actually emerging into a very good player and should be commended. Let's hope it's just a nasty bruise with the cold making it worse than it appeared.

We've played 4-3 the majority of the year, I don't think that matters. Sorry, I'm not trying to attack the guy when he's injured, but I've been hoping BB makes the switch to Scott all season. 

Every time Justin Francis gets playing time, he makes good things happen.   If Rob can't go, I think we will see a Scott / Francis rotation of sorts.  Francis an undrafted rookie, may end of being the steal of this draft year.  This kid has enormous upside and I know the Staff loves this kid. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Yes! Glad there's optimism coming from the team. Although it all depends on how he responds to treatment this week.

I just like what i see from him this year. I think he really turned the tide for the Pats with the game-clinching play against the Jets.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Great news on Nink!! It's being reported that his hip injury wasn't that severe(strained hip muscles), and will eventually be able to play in the play-offs: http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2012/12/ninkovich_could_play  

Sections
Shortcuts