Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take:
    I actually had to look him up. His current job seems to be to argue with Skip Bayless. I don't think much more need be said.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Succintly put, Enoch. Well done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In the same segment, Skip Bayless said NE was going to win it all, and that TB12 was the "real MVP." I liked that assessment. 
    Posted by zbellino

Skippy also said he'd take Tim Tebow over TB12 in the 4th quarter of a close game.  LMFAO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

i dont know the name of the dude who loves the patriots and thinks this is our year... but he´s the only one that believes in NE !!! not that it matters... but  is he gay ?   go pats !!!!!!
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

His name is Skip Bayless, not that there is anythijng wrong with that...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There are a litany of reasons this article is dumb (most of which other posters have already covered).  Saying the Patriots have lost their last 3 playoff games is the ultimate way to mislead with statistics.  The first game in this sample was the Super Bowl.  The Patriots didn't just show up there without winning any playoff games.

The Spygate thing has been beaten to death already and there are a plethora of former coaches and players who have said the whole thing was stupid.  Not to mention that after the allegations the Patriots proceeded to steamroll the entire NFL en route to the first 16-0 regular season in history and came within a few plays of finishing the first 19-0 season ever.  To ignore that and then insinuate that the Patriots were somehow relying on video to win is laughable.

Finally he ignores that New England's franchise player was injured for the entire 2008 season and was not 100% in 2009 as he was coming off of a serious knee injury.

The only real disappointing finish was in 2010, but it happens.  Joe Montana went one and done 4 times.  Hell Gomer went one and done 7 times so to pretend NE is anywhere near that territory is absurd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Unfortunately the Patriots under BB and Brady are held to a higher standard, by fans here and non fans alike. "Haven't won anything" means we have not won a playoff game in our last 3 atts. Now after Bradys horrific knee injury I think 2009 should be a legitimate pass. 2010 though we may have been the best team in the league and lost at home. I personally think this was due in large part to our 1 dimensional offense but another issue all together. Fraudulent is a strong word, but you wouldn't use it to portray the Bengals at 9-7(or whatever they are) you would use it to describe a team that goes 14-2 and loses at home in the playoffs.... I don't think that will happen this year and for the record I think Parker is an idiot as well but what he said is true, we have not won "anything" of importance in too long. We are good enough to win now, and I think we should! We have the best QB and the best coach.
    Posted by TrueChamp

That's a fair response. I understand where you're coming from but the whole 'fraudalent' title by this ignoramus is a tad excessive if you ask me.  The guy is a moron. How this idiot has a job with the top sports reporting company in the world is BEYOND me. I do think this will be the year the Pats come out and show that they can still win playoff games and get to the big dance. We have arguably the best offense in the league with the best coach so the cards are in the making.

I think Bill will show some schemes on offense that he's been hiding all year and this D will surprise some people in the playoffs. Well, actually, if people would actually look at worthy stats: red zone defense, points per game allowed, turnovers forced, etc then this D will surprise you.  Everybody wants to get hung up on 'Yards Allowed' and then deem them the worst ever. The last time I checked, yards don't equate to points on the scoreboard. I think they're doing a fine job but need to become a little more consistent, just like our offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The problem is perspective, winning three titles in the early 2000's caused everyone to expect it every year.  When they are the number one seed and lose in the playoffs it's a failure to some.  When Philly was getting to the NFC championship every year and losing they were awesome and everyone knew they get to the SB and win it one of these times.  Too bad for them they ran into the Patriots the year they made it.  When Manning was winning 12-14 games a year and losing in the playoffs, it was Just a Matter of Time!  The Pats lose in the SB and a couple of Playoff games and their frauds.  Is it fair No but it's the perspective that we have to live with until they win it again.

The Past is the Past this is a new year we have new hope and the Pats are the Number 1 seed.  If you don't think they can do it that's your problem. I believe they will win it and we can go back to counting SB wins...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : That's a fair response. I understand where you're coming from but the whole 'fraudalent' title by this ignoramus is a tad excessive if you ask me.  The guy is a moron. How this idiot has a job with the top sports reporting company in the world is BEYOND me. I do think this will be the year the Pats come out and show that they can still win playoff games and get to the big dance. We have arguably the best offense in the league with the best coach so the cards are in the making.   I think Bill will show some schemes on offense that he's been hiding all year and this D will surprise some people in the playoffs. Well, actually, if people would actually look at worthy stats: red zone defense, points per game allowed, turnovers forced, etc then this D will surprise you.  Everybody wants to get hung up on 'Yards Allowed' and then deem them the worst ever. The last time I checked, yards don't equate to points on the scoreboard. I think they're doing a fine job but need to become a little more consistent, just like our offense.
    Posted by IrishMob7

I agree with you all the way. I liked the play calling against Buff, The Edelman run, the 4 rec set(Hern and Gronk of course) with Ridley in the back field and then we ran it for 20 yards and almost punched it in. A couple of other "trick" plays and different looks. They showed a few glimpses of versatility. Yet then from the 2 yard line we passed it 3 straight times and had to settle for a fg?

Anyway I agree about the defense too, Chung to me looked like a difference maker back there after we settled down. I hope Spikes is 100% and most importantly the defense looks like its capable of playing "together". Thats might be all we need if our offense can play to potential.

Go PATS!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : OK, I'll bite..... So, you're actually saying that a team, ANY team, averaging 12 wins/season over 4 seasons, winning their division, is NOT considered a fraud if they don't win a SB?  What expectations would you have of this same team if it was, say, located in New York? PhilthyDelphia? Dallas? Chicago or Green Bay? New Orleans? As a Pats fan, would you say that any or those teams ae true SB contenders if all they do is win regular season games year in and year out, and do nothing in the playoffs? Sorry, I'm not buying. That team with a yearly one and done playoff is no better than the team that misses the playoffs on week 17. The difference if the 12 win avg team gets a higher draft slot. Not much to crow about on that one either.
    Posted by AZPAT

I'll reiterate.  A team that wins year in and year out is not a fraud.  Doesn't mean you are a SB contender, but you are not a fraud.  Let's reserve fraud for teams that lose year in and year out.

Parker's premise is not only flawed due to the Pats winning a lot of game since Spygate, it's also flawed due to the nature of Spygate.  Spygate involved the taping of DEFENSIVE signals.  Perhaps I can't remember the Ravens loss too well a couple of years ago.  Wasn't it their offense that scored all of those points on us early in the game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

8 pro bowl selections is not fraudulent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If they had lost one game to the Jets than the Jets would be 9-7 and they would have beaten a team with a winning record. So I guess they'd be a better team if they lost to the Jets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Aaaaaaannnnd 0 Super Bowl titles.  NYG 1, Pittsburgh 1, NO 1, and GB 1.  Where has winning 77% gotten them??   Nothing.     Its time we put on our big boy pants, stop acting like we own the world and be a little humble and EARN it back.  Trash talking is fun and precious, but winning cures all. Super Bowl or Bust.  End of story.
    Posted by LatenightOwl

I am with ya, SB or bust, i have been disappointed in how things have ended since 2005 but i also learned that we can't win the SB every year. The guy calling us frauds however is way off base, if he would of said 8-8 Denver is a fraud that would of made more sense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You know I'm getting tired of spygate rearing it's head every playoff run, it's ridiculous. A team that has won as many regular season (or more) games than anyone since "spygate" is not fraudulent. Do we have a defense that may not be championship caliber? Yes. Does that make this team fraudulent? No.

Very poor choice of words by a bafoon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

If they had lost one game to the Jets than the Jets would be 9-7 and they would have beaten a team with a winning record. So I guess they'd be a better team if they lost to the Jets.
    Posted by shenanigan

Or if they'd beat the Giants the Giants would be 8-8 and thus the Pats still would not have a win against a winning team.  So basically their only shot was to as you say, lose 1 to the Jets, or beat Pitt.  If they beat Denver in there first play-off game the Broncos would then be 9-9, meaning NE made it to the AFC championship game w/out beating a team that finished with a winning record.  That is funny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Of course the first time through the division, except for Miami, weren't the Pats playing teams with winning records?  It's partly their fault/credit that those teams ended up .500 or less.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Interesting...... so you have no problem with the Patriots averaging 12-4 for 8 years and being on vacation the 4th week in January? No more expectations for more SB wins, as long as they win 12 reg season games? Is it a "Hey! They went 12-4, AND got a 1st round bye (before losing in the playoffs). I'm happy!" concept for you? This seems to be the mindset of second tier teams in all sports. Interesting........
    Posted by AZPAT

My, My, you appear to be quite the Perfectionist.  I guess "It's different strokes for different folks".  

From my perspective, I think Parker is just another loud mouth talking head on ESPN whose job is to provoke and tick people off.  He is quite good at his job. How much of his thought provoking blather is actually based on thoroughly studying the subject matter remains to be seen.   Most of the time he seems to be a blathering idiot and not just when he's talking about the Patriots.

If the AZ in your name stands for Arizona, and as a so-called Pats Fan who appears to be such a perfectionist, may I suggest another name?  Perhaps AZCARDINAL might be more appropriate or just become an AZ Fan of whatever Team wins the Super Bowl.  This way your team will always be perfect and you will never become disappointed.   :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

First off, who is Rob Parker? Second, why should I care what he thinks? Third, since I've never heard of him in the first place, he must be a loser!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Your not sure why Parker hates Boston teams??  He is a Detroit guy and loved the Pistons.  They ran his behind out of Detroit too.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : My, My, you appear to be quite the Perfectionist.  I guess "It's different strokes for different folks".   From my perspective, I think Parker is just another loud mouth talking head on ESPN whose job is to provoke and tick people off.  He is quite good at his job. How much of his thought provoking blather is actually based on thoroughly studying the subject matter remains to be seen.   Most of the time he seems to be a blathering idiot and not just when he's talking about the Patriots. If the AZ in your name stands for Arizona, and as a so-called Pats Fan who appears to be such a perfectionist, may I suggest another name?  Perhaps AZCARDINAL might be more appropriate or just become an AZ Fan of whatever Team wins the Super Bowl.  This way your team will always be perfect and you will never become disappointed.   :)
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971

Don't mind AZ he's having a bad day maybe some Mexicans walked down his street today!  He's been Trolling this board all season always looking for a reason to put the Pats down, Not a fan...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Don't mind AZ he's having a bad day maybe some Mexicans walked down his street today!  He's been Trolling this board all season always looking for a reason to put the Pats down, Not a fan...
    Posted by Tomhab

Thanks Tom.

All the Doomsayers talk about how the defense is no good, no deep threat, too predictable, ya da, ya da, yada.  And if the Pat's do lose it'll be bad enough to have "We Der Dat Dumbhead", "Bolt Head" and "UD Underpants" saying I told you so.  I expect that from them.  But I don't expect this kind of negativity from True Pat Fans at least until they lose.

I also don't think it's being a coolaid drinker to have positive expectations when your team has the best record in the AFC.  

I'm also sick of reading about the Super Bowl Loss to the Giants and the last Two One and Done Playoff Games.  That is the past.

But regarding the Super Bowl Loss, I wonder why nobody ever discusses how the Giants got in after yet another Stupid Interception thrown by Farve in GB.  

Also when the Colts had a chance to go for a perfect Season, they threw in the towel and wanted to save themselves for the SB.   This year, GB succombed to the "perfect" pressure by losing to an inferior team in Kansas City.  

And nobody ever discusses how the Giants threw everything but the kitchen sink at us during game 16 of the 2007 season and almost won that game.  The Pats then battled the extreme pressure on to win two playoff games to get into the SB only to fall 3 Points short of a Perfect Season.

However, as others have mentioned many times, it is difficult to win in the NFL. But it is extremely more difficult to beat a good team twice in a row over such a short period of time.   Perfection? No.  But I don't care what anybody says, over the past Decade, the Patriots have a record that any fan can and should be proud of.  This is a time to enjoy the New England Patriots and not get caught up in "Nattering nabobs of negativism"  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : 1. He referenced Spygate which shows an agenda. 2. He ignored the fact NE has the most wins of any NFL team since 2007, when they lost in a SB. 3. He ignores the fact Brady missed of all of 2008.  4. He ignores the fact NE wasn't loading up for a SB run in 2009. 5. NE overachieved last year in lost to a divisional rival in the playoffs during a rebulding period into a lockout. Anyone with an IQ around 100 should be able to see that NE was at its weakest point from 2008-2010 for various reasons. This doesn't change the fact NE hasn't won or been to a SB during this time, but if any other AFC team like a Pitt or Indy were intelligently doing what NE was doing, being patient, rebuilding methodically on the fly, they too wouldn't have done much or MISSED the playoffs outright like Pitt did in 2009 (8-8). Or Indy this year. Hmm. Sure seems to me we have an agenda driven low IQ bozo at ESPN who leaves out facts, contexts and realities to push an agenda out of fear of having to possibly and forcibly say something pleasant about Bill Belichick and Tom Brady again. That's what it sure smells like to me. More of the same from an agenda driven, inaccurate media by design. And you're applauding inept journalism or analysis? If NE was loading up like the Jets, rolling the dice, he'd be correct. The irony is, he's a Jets fan and of course, as all Jets fans who are jealous of NE, he's INCORRECT. Anyone betting that BB/BRady lose a 3rd straight home playoff game is a moron of epic proportions. I am not saying it can't happen, just that I wouldn't bet on it. NEWSFLASH: Indy, SD and NY Jets have fallen.  Pitt is 22 million over the cap.  Baltimore has an aging Ray Lewis and Ed Reed hoping Sergio Kind;e's head is on straight and Mt Cody isn't a bust. NE has two 1st rd picks in 2012 and is coming off a reason to not lose in the playoffs at home for the 3rd straight year. Do the math, Einsteins.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Can I get an AMEN!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Had that guy on ignore for 2 years now, just way too negative.
    I guess miserable people want to make others miserable too.
    Must really suck going through life just hatin all the time.
    Never happy, never satisfied, unrealistic expectations = always bust.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Funny how this board's general sentiment has been (at least it was a few years ago) that superbowl wins are the only thing that matters.  My how times change. "

Ugh. So if a Pats fan doesn't like Rob Parker he's a homer. You're a real deep thinker. 

You obviously know very little about Rob Parker. He's paid to incite and has no class. Yes, he sprinkled a few accurate facts in. You do the same thing here from time to time. 

I wouldn't want Rob Parker picking us to win either. I don't want him around, period. 

Yes, Super Bowl rings (and postseason success) is how I evaluate the success of teams. That's why I consider the Pats more like the Falcons in recent years and am willing to acknowledge the Jets have had more success of late. That's also why I see Brady as superior to Manning and our franchise as having had a better run than the Colts. 

In fact right now my biggest fear is we've become the Colts - kings of the regular season and dependent on the refs to call a tight game because if the other team gets too physical with our receivers, we're goiing to be in trouble. 

But of course in your small mind it's not possible for a Pats fan to have a balanced opinion like this one. 

Sections
Shortcuts