Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take

* Rob Parker: "Who did [the Patriots] beat? They didn't beat one team over .500. They haven't won anything since Spygate, no one ever wants to talk about that. Also, they've lost their last three postseason games, the last two at home coming off undefeated home records in the regular season. They lost to Baltimore two years ago, getting run out of Foxborough. And last year, after humiliating the Jets [in the regular season], they got beat because Tom Brady was confused and they couldn't make any adjustments. I'm not buying this team. It's fraudulent. It's a fraud."

SMH (facepalm)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take

Rob who?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take:
    [QUOTE]* Rob Parker: "Who did [the Patriots] beat? They didn't beat one team over .500. They haven't won anything since Spygate, no one ever wants to talk about that. Also, they've lost their last three postseason games, the last two at home coming off undefeated home records in the regular season. They lost to Baltimore two years ago, getting run out of Foxborough. And last year, after humiliating the Jets [in the regular season], they got beat because Tom Brady was confused and they couldn't make any adjustments. I'm not buying this team. It's fraudulent. It's a fraud." SMH (facepalm)
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Just logged on and saw this.  How the F do people like this get to have a job with a nearly 10% unemployment rate.
    I realize it's his job to sell sell sell, but how about some facts..facts..facts.!
    I believe anyone on this board could do a better job.  Fraud!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

And guess who we are talking about. Jounalism USED to be a noble profession where you painted a mental picture so people could experiance the subject matter. Be it good bad or indifferent. (also see Lawyers). Today they are hacks. Driven by the almighty $$$$$.. Rob Parker doesn't know the Patriots and he doesn't care about them. he doesn't care if you learn something about them or even think he has a point of view. Rob has a life style that he would like to live. He NEEDS you to talk about him so he can prove that his product is saleable and can generate revenue. He will use this to position himself to maximise his earning potential. Maybe this article will get him that stypen that he covets. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

He's already been canned by one newspaper for unprofessional behavior.  That is he chose to resign after one of his incidents.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Anything untrue about what he said?

We very much have something to prove. I hope BB staples this to the locker room door.

I think this team has chemistry, which we have not had the past few seasons. I really believe we can win a SB this year, one dimensional offense and no name defense all the same. We are as good as anybody else!

Go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take:
    [QUOTE]Anything untrue about what he said? We very much have something to prove. I hope BB staples this to the locker room door. I think this team has chemistry, which we have not had the past few seasons. I really believe we can win a SB this year, one dimensional offense and no name defense all the same. We are as good as anybody else! Go Pats!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Umm, yes? This team is fraudelent? Care to elaborate on how this team is a fake and fraudalent? LOL They are 13-3 and have the number one seed in the AFC. So does that make every team in the AFC even more fraudalent because they have a lower seeding than us? Baltimore lost to the likes of JAX, Sea, Ten, and SD. So I guess they're fraudalent as well.

For the simple fact that he even brought up Spygate makes him lose all credibility. Only morons that never played the sport, or are just plain envious of the Patriots still bring up that nonsense. We lose the Super Bowl on a fluke catch, and obvious hold that ruined an undefeated season, the only time a team has ever won 18 games. That supports his case that the Patriots are frauds?

They have been rebuilding the past 3 years and still continue to make the playoffs. Other teams that go through a complete overhaul of their roster usually have 4-5 win seasons yet BB has led them to winnning seasons and playoff births. The media has an agenda for the Patriots and then a completely different one for the rest of the league. Stop buying into the bullsh*t talking heads that these idiots spew.

The Patriots certainly have something to prove and what better way to win the Super Bowl this year when NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY is giving them the credit they deserve.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Just logged on and saw this.  How the F do people like this get to have a job with a nearly 10% unemployment rate. I realize it's his job to sell sell sell, but how about some facts..facts..facts.! I believe anyone on this board could do a better job.  Fraud!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Rob Parker is the worst kind of inciter with a lot of warts himself.  That said, were all of his facts correct (haven't won anything, I assume, means the SB)?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think winning 70-80% of your regular season games since the last SB victory is pretty darn good to me!!! And as soon as he said spy-gate he is done in my book of any relavence.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Rob Parker is the worst kind of inciter with a lot of warts himself.  That said, were all of his facts correct (haven't won anything, I assume, means the SB)?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

16-0, 11-5 (with a back-up QB), 14-2 and 13-3 looks like a lot of wins to me.
    Did he say SB's, or anything?  Are the other 124  teams who didn't win the SB in the past 4 years frauds too?  Didn't all those 124 other teams tape their opponents, regardless of where they were standing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I would think "haven't won anything" meant anything.  I didn't bother to look it up but I will guess that the Pats have won more games than any other NFL team since the first week of the 2007 season. They also won the next eighteen games they played, an AFC crown, a few division championships and 11 games without Brady.  Nothing has changed for the Patriots.  It's still fun to be a Pats fan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Umm, yes? This team is fraudelent? Care to elaborate on how this team is a fake and fraudalent? LOL They are 13-3 and have the number one seed in the AFC. So does that make every team in the AFC even more fraudalent because they have a lower seeding than us? Baltimore lost to the likes of JAX, Sea, Ten, and SD. So I guess they're fraudalent as well. For the simple fact that he even brought up Spygate makes him lose all credibility. Only morons that never played the sport, or are just plain envious of the Patriots still bring up that nonsense. We lose the Super Bowl on a fluke catch, and obvious hold that ruined an undefeated season, the only time a team has ever won 18 games. That supports his case that the Patriots are frauds? They have been rebuilding the past 3 years and still continue to make the playoffs. Other teams that go through a complete overhaul of their roster usually have 4-5 win seasons yet BB has led them to winnning seasons and playoff births. The media has an agenda for the Patriots and then a completely different one for the rest of the league. Stop buying into the bullsh*t talking heads that these idiots spew. The Patriots certainly have something to prove and what better way to win the Super Bowl this year when NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY is giving them the credit they deserve.
    Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the Patriots under BB and Brady are held to a higher standard, by fans here and non fans alike. "Haven't won anything" means we have not won a playoff game in our last 3 atts.

Now after Bradys horrific knee injury I think 2009 should be a legitimate pass. 2010 though we may have been the best team in the league and lost at home. I personally think this was due in large part to our 1 dimensional offense but another issue all together.

Fraudulent is a strong word, but you wouldn't use it to portray the Bengals at 9-7(or whatever they are) you would use it to describe a team that goes 14-2 and loses at home in the playoffs....

I don't think that will happen this year and for the record I think Parker is an idiot as well but what he said is true, we have not won "anything" of importance in too long. We are good enough to win now, and I think we should! We have the best QB and the best coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It is no secret Rob Parker hates Boston teams. Why, not sure. But he is not as bad as some are making him out to be. He is right. The Pats were supposed to get out of the first round the past 2 yrs, but only managed first round playoffs losses. The Pats set the bar high for themselves and have not successfully managed a playoff win since 2007, yes? But I also agree that they have a great chance to make it back to the Superbowl with all their talent. They can ill afford a slow start though. You can't go down 21-0 to these teams. So, hopefully they do post this Rob Parker quote up on the locker room walls. Can't wait to see how far they can go. GO PATS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

There are a lot of journalists I don't care for but Rob Parker is the biggest D*uche Nozzle I've ever seen.  He is unprofessional, incredibly biased, and has the critical thinking skills of a 5 year old.  If you heard what he said today, it went way beyond saying we haven't won in a while.  He uses no logic and absolutely despised the Patriots.  He's the worst of the worst, just awful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : 16-0, 11-5 (with a back-up QB), 14-2 and 13-3 looks like a lot of wins to me. Did he say SB's, or anything?  Are the other 124  teams who didn't win the SB in the past 4 years frauds too?  Didn't all those 124 other teams tape their opponents, regardless of where they were standing?

ah - so you prefer to take him literally with those words, while the layman without a dog in the fight assumes he means superbowls, because otherwise it would be a ridiculous statement. 

Funny how this board's general sentiment has been (at least it was a few years ago) that superbowl wins are the only thing that matters.  My how times change. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Oh the hurt and bruised feelings in here!   Ow-eeeee. 

Grow up, kids!  Fight thru the fire of his incitement and he is factually correct.  The legacy of the might Patriots does not exist in 2011-12.  They have lost 3 playoff game in a row, all three games they were favored (rightfully so!) They beat each team (NYG, BALT, and NYJ) in their previous match up leading up to the playoff.

They didn't just lose, they got handled. 

I love the Patriots, but we used to laugh at the Colts for being the same team in the 2000s.

The sting hurts!!  ACCEPT it and lets hope for a turn around instead of pretending it didnt happen and making "casual fan" excuses.  its not 2004 anymore.

GROW UP!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Hey Parker, 65-19 record(including playoffs) since illegal taping gate in week 1 of 2007, most teams dream of winning 77 percent of their games over the last 5 years. We also won AFC champion in 2007, 4 division titles in the last 5 years and an 11 win no playoff 2008, wanna talk frauds? Denver 8-8, Bungles and Giants 9-7 to name a few. It's embarrassing to the nfl to have .500 teams making the playoffs.

The only way to shut up these morons is to win in the playoffs, lets hope we can shut up these guys this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : ah - so you prefer to take him literally with those words, while the layman without a dog in the fight assumes he means superbowls, because otherwise it would be a ridiculous statement.  Funny how this board's general sentiment has been (at least it was a few years ago) that superbowl wins are the only thing that matters.  My how times change. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.  More proof that the majority of fans aren't rational and have a love of laundry bordering OCD.

They need to prove they are elite by..... winning! 

I honestly think most Boston fans these days loved the adulation of being tops so much that they are just wishing the crown is still on their heads.  Patriots haven't wone a SB in 7 seasons.  Let it go people!  Royalty doesn't eat from the kiddie table.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : ah - so you prefer to take him literally with those words, while the layman without a dog in the fight assumes he means superbowls, because otherwise it would be a ridiculous statement.  Funny how this board's general sentiment has been (at least it was a few years ago) that superbowl wins are the only thing that matters.  My how times change. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]
    UD6.....  HMMM. shouldn't you be sitting in some hole lamenting how your one man team FLOPPED and twitched like a fish out of water?   YOU got LUCK......LOL... so another 4-6 years of having the Pats be able to make your early career quarterback look like a fool.....  Want us to have TY LAW come back and show him how to throw to the receivers in red silver and blue?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Parker, 65-19 record(including playoffs) since illegal taping gate in week 1 of 2007, most teams dream of winning 77 percent of their games over the last 5 years . We also won AFC champion in 2007, 4 division titles in the last 5 years and an 11 win no playoff 2008, wanna talk frauds? Denver 8-8, Bungles and Giants 9-7 to name a few. It's embarrassing to the nfl to have .500 teams making the playoffs. The only way to shut up these morons is to win in the playoffs, lets hope we can shut up these guys this year.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

Aaaaaaannnnd 0 Super Bowl titles.  NYG 1, Pittsburgh 1, NO 1, and GB 1.  Where has winning 77% gotten them??   Nothing.     Its time we put on our big boy pants, stop acting like we own the world and be a little humble and EARN it back.  Trash talking is fun and precious, but winning cures all.

Super Bowl or Bust.  End of story.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No one said SB's aren't important but just because you didn't win one doesn't mean you didn't win anything.
    And yes, I prefer to take a person literally that supposedly gets paid to speak such words.  IE, if he meant SB's than he should have said that, but obviously he meant to incite.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

OK, let's run with that.  So the difference between being a fraud, and not being a fraud is a single missed interception in the SB?  Parker's comments would be quite reasonable if we experienced a sudden dropoff in winning after spygate.  We did not.  We went undefeated and made it to the SB.  We've won a lot of games in subsequent years.  Is any team that doesn't win the SB a fraud?  Are there 31 frauds in the NFL each year?  Parker's argument is illogical no matter how you slice it up and no matter what perspective you take on it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I actually had to look him up. His current job seems to be to argue with Skip Bayless. I don't think much more need be said.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : No one said SB's aren't important but just because you didn't win one doesn't mean you didn't win anything. And yes, I prefer to take a person literally that supposedly gets paid to speak such words.  IE, if he meant SB's than he should have said that, but obviously he meant to incite.

As I said before, that was not the way pats fans used to talk around here.  my how things have changed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Totally agree.  More proof that the majority of fans aren't rational and have a love of laundry bordering OCD. They need to prove they are elite by..... winning!  I honestly think most Boston fans these days loved the adulation of being tops so much that they are just wishing the crown is still on their heads.  Patriots haven't wone a SB in 7 seasons.  Let it go people!  Royalty doesn't eat from the kiddie table.
    Posted by LatenightOwl[/QUOTE]

You do realize that with all things being equal, any team has a 3%
    (1/32) chance of winning a SB and a 37% (12/32) chance of even making the play-offs. After they make the play-offs it jumps up to a whopping 8% (1/12) chance of winning the SB.
    Who is the irrational with OCD, again?

Sections
Shortcuts