Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take

Shut UP ALREADY about Spygate! Why does everything in this Country have to have a gate in it? The PATS went 16-0 after that, and once again we have to listen to an idiot talk about this! Dude move on, imagine him in a fight with his wife bringing up a fight three years ago! Most Coaches have said they have used that tatic as well, Mangini has said he was sorry he did that! Let's not forget that their was a memo before sent out to every team. You know, I like that we are not the favorites, look how it has worked when we were? This team loves to play together, and unlike most teams seem to respect one another and under Bill's leadership know what is expected of them as A TEAM, so F#{£ HIM!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : As I said before, that was not the way pats fans used to talk around here.  my how things have changed.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You are correct.  Many here tried to dismiss Manning and the Colts because for a long time, all they did was win a lot of regular season games, and not the SB.  I don't think I was one of them...I think.  I can't say that I blame you for taking some shots.  A lot of fans deserve it.  We used to diss the Colts for having a great offense, no defense, being able to have a great regular season record, and not being able to win the big one.  That sounds strangely familiar to me.  In fact, that describes the Pats the last two seasons.  But we're fans, and we are entitled to our moments of hyprocracy.

Slightly off topic, in the Army I was a tanker.  We used to discuss how during the Cold War the US Army adopted the Germans (WWII) losing strategy and the Russians adopted America's winning strategy.  We won WWII using cheaper and inferior tanks, but having much more of them to throw at the enemy.  The Germans believed in fewer, high quality tanks and superior tactics.  In the Cold War, the US believed in high quality equipment and superior tactics.  The Russions (Soviets) believed in cheaper equipment, but a lot of it.  If we were to rewind back to 2004, everyone on here was pretty hard on the Colts...for being what the Pats of late have been; a great offense led by a great qb with a poor defense and unable to win the SB.  We didn't think your "losing" formula could win the SB back then, but now we have adopted it.

I hope it changes this year.  Defenses are becoming more and more handcuffed so maybe the winning formula is different now.  If the trend continues like it has, in 10 years people will say "defense wins games, but offense wins championships."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We haven't won anything since the spygate year of 2007, we haven't won a playoff game in three years, we didn't beat anyone with a winning record. 

This team hasn't really been tested this year, we'll see what if they're frauds come January 14, but Rob Parker is entitled to his own opinion. 

Regular season accolades are for chumpass Colts fans. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

First Take is scripted.  Bayless is very pro Patriots so whoever is opposite him is always going to take the opposite position.  It is an act.

In truth, it doesn't seem he said anything that is untrue but pointing to previous seasons as an indicator as to what is going to happen this year never really makes sense.  The 2009 Patriots are not really relevant to the 2011 Patriots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]Shut UP ALREADY about Spygate! Why does everything in this Country have to have a gate in it? The PATS went 16-0 after that, and once again we have to listen to an idiot talk about this! Dude move on, imagine him in a fight with his wife bringing up a fight three years ago! Most Coaches have said they have used that tatic as well, Mangini has said he was sorry he did that! Let's not forget that their was a memo before sent out to every team. You know, I like that we are not the favorites, look how it has worked when we were? This team loves to play together, and unlike most teams seem to respect one another and under Bill's leadership know what is expected of them as A TEAM, so F#{£ HIM!!
    Posted by laurienyc13[/QUOTE]

Just ignore the s-word.

Beleive me when I tell you ... no one in the entire US really believes the PAtriots did anything any other team did not do. Most believe deep inside it was a bunch of BS the way it was blown out of proportion.

The only reason they bring it us is to annoy Patriots fans...this is the way they express their jeleousy.

They will seem adamant and use harsh biased language but all but the most deficient sub 70 IQ people really believe their own words.

My advice is not to engage these people at all, they are really really really stupid or not serious people, not worth a single thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Relax guys the only thing this will do is motive the Pats locker room.   Who cares what they same about Spygate, it's the total disrespect we need to get these guys up for the games.  The Pats haven't won since they were underdogs.  Guess what no one will pick them to beat the Squealers or the Ravens.  They might get the nod against Denver, or Houston, but a lot will pick them over even the Bungles.

Enjoy this year let your heat race when they fall behind early but trust them to get it done and they will do it.  It's us against the world again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]We haven't won anything since the spygate year of 2007, we haven't won a playoff game in three years, we didn't beat anyone with a winning record.  This team hasn't really been tested this year, we'll see what if they're frauds come January 14, but Rob Parker is entitled to his own opinion.  Regular season accolades are for chumpass Colts fans. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Don't know where you are getting the "we" but the Pats have won over 80% of their games since sg.
    The Pats haven't won a play-off game in two years.  You can't win or loose one if you are not in the play-offs and if you really want to get technical. they won 2 po games in Jan/08.
    Over half of the teams the Pats played, had a winning record when they played them and in essence, contributed to those teams losing records by beating them at least once and in some cases twice.
    You can't get to the play-offs without regular season accolades and the Colts have that rep because they only won once in PMs career.  That will never be the case for Brady as he has already won 3 which is triple what the clots have done.
    Yes Parker has a right to his opinion but as you can see, his opinion is not very credible.  He seems to be in the habit of getting fired or suspended for his comments. Carry on!

On March 28, 2008, Parker declared on ESPN's First Take that he had low expectations for college players Tyler Hansbrough and Kevin Love in the NBA, because they are white.[1]

Parker, who is African American, is not shy to discuss the racial aspects of current sports events, such as the NBA off-court dress policy, or the lack of African Americans in NFL coaching positions. He penned a much-maligned column where he called Hank Aaron a "coward" for declining to attend when Barry Bonds would break the career home run record.

In October 2008, Parker erroneously reported that Kirk Cousins, a quarterback for the Michigan State Spartans, was involved in a fight with members of the Michigan State hockey team. At the time of the fight, Cousins was at church with his parents. After being publicly reproved by head coach Mark Dantonio at his weekly news conference, Parker was suspended by The Detroit News for two weeks.[2]

On December 21, 2008, at a press conference following the Lions' 42-7 loss to the New Orleans Saints, Parker addressed a question Lions head coach Rod Marinelli about Lions defensive coordinator Joe Barry, Marinelli's son-in-law, inquiring whether Marinelli wished that his daughter had "married a better defensive coordinator."[3] The question was criticized as unprofessional and inappropriate. The next day, Parker wrote that the comment was "an attempt at humor" and not a malicious attack.[4] Parker wrote no further columns forThe Detroit News, nor did he attend any press conferences, following the incident. On January 6, 2009, The Detroit News announced that Parker had resigned from the newspaper the previous week.[5]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

The more people that write the Pats off the better. This sort of stuff has to be bulletin board material for BB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : ah - so you prefer to take him literally with those words, while the layman without a dog in the fight assumes he means superbowls, because otherwise it would be a ridiculous statement.  Funny how this board's general sentiment has been (at least it was a few years ago) that superbowl wins are the only thing that matters.  My how times change. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Super Bowl wins are what matter. It is why teams play. 18-1. So what do you recall from that season? For me, how they blew it against the Giants. That is what I remember. Not the 18-0. They did nothing to change the game at halftime. That is what I remember.

It is nice to have winning records season after season, but they set themselves up to be Super Bowl bound for yrs. Not necessarliy winning always, but surely making it out of the first round. And they have not. Period. But I route like heck here from TX for the Pats. I think they can get to the Super Bowl. GO Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Super Bowl wins are what matter. It is why teams play. 18-1. So what do you recall from that season? For me, how they blew it against the Giants. That is what I remember. Not the 18-0. They did nothing to change the game at halftime. That is what I remember.   It is nice to have winning records season after season, but they set themselves up to be Super Bowl bound for yrs. Not necessarliy winning always, but surely making it out of the first round. And they have not. Period. But I route like heck here from TX for the Pats. I think they can get to the Super Bowl. GO Pats.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I think most of us fans agree with you...to a point.  The day will come when BB is no longer our coach, Brady is no longer our QB, and we might see some of those pathetic losing years where we only squeeze out a small number of wins a year.  If/when that happens, I guarantee you that ALL OF US will feel really good about the thought of simply winning more games than we lose, or winning the division.  Try to remember being a fan of the 1990 1-15 Patriots, and how you felt at the time.  Remember the 4 seasons it took to even see a winning record again?  Try and tell me you weren't ecstatic when we posted a 10-6 record in 1994.

I don't have any problem admitting that I'm happy merely winning a lot of games.  Anything above that is just icing on the cake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Wonder if there was any other NFL Team that lost 3X in the playoffs from 2007-08, 2008-9, 2009-10, and 2010-11?  Also wondering where I was when The Soviets won the Cold War?  Finally & in conclusion, I'd like to offer a warm welcome to any and all new trolls posing as long-time Patriot Fans...trust me, even though there's been 50 or so of you guys who've made your way onto this board in the past year alone, I STILL find your approach if not a unique, novel, or original one, Then at the very least, desperate and gutwrenchingly sad 8^)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder if there was any other NFL Team that lost 3X in the playoffs from 2007-08, 2008-9, 2009-10, and 2010-11?  Also wondering where I was when The Soviets won the Cold War?  Finally & in conclusion, I'd like to offer a warm welcome to any and all new trolls posing as long-time Patriot Fans...trust me, even though there's been 50 or so of you guys who've made your way onto this board in the past year alone, I STILL find your approach if not a unique, novel, or original one, Then at the very least, desperate and gutwrenchingly sad 8^)
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's painfully obvious when a thread about Star Wars (no offense SW fans), gets more posts than a Patriots Appreciation thread.  Just makes you wonder who the fans really are.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Super Bowl wins are what matter. It is why teams play. 18-1. So what do you recall from that season? For me, how they blew it against the Giants. That is what I remember. Not the 18-0. They did nothing to change the game at halftime. That is what I remember.   It is nice to have winning records season after season, but they set themselves up to be Super Bowl bound for yrs. Not necessarliy winning always, but surely making it out of the first round. And they have not. Period. But I route like heck here from TX for the Pats. I think they can get to the Super Bowl. GO Pats.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

You only remember the Super Bowl Loss from the 2007 Season?

I remember the very first game of the 2007 Season when "Spy Gate" was still the main topic on ESPN.  They beat the Jets in Giants Stadium and that was a great feeling.  This feeling was even greater the very next week when they Beat J-Bolt's Chargers and LT in Prime Time.  Both of these Victories were by Large Margins.  After the Charger Game, I felt like that was going to be a Special Season because it was the Patriots against the World and the Patriots did not disappoint me for 18 Straight Games.  

Yes they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl by 3 Points.  I was sad for a couple of days after the Super Bowl Loss. But to imply that the Super Bowl loss took away the satisfaction of 18 Straight Victories while almost everyone but Patriot Fans were hoping that they would lose is kind of sad.  

The way the talking heads are dissing the Patriots currently, I'm beginning to get the same feeling that I got when the New England Patriots became the first Super Bowl team to be announced as a team instead of individualy at the 2002 Super Bowl.  When they came out of the Tunnel as a Team, it felt great to be a Patriot Fan.  That was Special.

And remember in 2002 when nobody expected them to win against "The Greatest Show on Turf"? I hope the current dissing keeps coming because it would make victories all the more sweeter.  But you know what?  Win or lose, I'll still be a Patriot Fan. This is not Cool Aid BS or any of that.  The New England Patriots Job is not to solve world peace. The Patriots job is to provide enjoyable entertainment to their fans and they do an excellent job of doing exactly that. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder if there was any other NFL Team that lost 3X in the playoffs from 2007-08, 2008-9, 2009-10, and 2010-11?  Also wondering where I was when The Soviets won the Cold War?  Finally & in conclusion, I'd like to offer a warm welcome to any and all new trolls posing as long-time Patriot Fans...trust me, even though there's been 50 or so of you guys who've made your way onto this board in the past year alone, I STILL find your approach if not a unique, novel, or original one, Then at the very least, desperate and gutwrenchingly sad 8^)
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Surely you jest.  Let's all be thankful that it stayed cold.  That would have been one messy war.  I doubt I'd be here today.  I was one of the troops in Germany, also known as a speed bump until reinformcements arrived from the US.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : You only remember the Super Bowl Loss from the 2007 Season? I remember the very first game of the 2007 Season when "Spy Gate" was still the main topic on ESPN.  They beat the Jets in Giants Stadium and that was a great feeling.  This feeling was even greater the very next week when they Beat J-Bolt's Chargers and LT in Prime Time.  Both of these Victories were by Large Margins.  After the Charger Game, I felt like that was going to be a Special Season because it was the Patriots against the World and the Patriots did not disappoint me for 18 Straight Games.   Yes they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl by 3 Points.   I was sad for a couple of days after the Super Bowl Loss. But to imply that the Super Bowl loss took away the satisfaction of 18 Straight Victories while almost everyone but Patriot Fans were hoping that they would lose is kind of sad.   The way the talking heads are dissing the Patriots currently, I'm beginning to get the same feeling that I got when the New England Patriots became the first Super Bowl team to be announced as a team instead of individualy at the 2002 Super Bowl.  When they came out of the Tunnel as a Team, it felt great to be a Patriot Fan.  That was Special. And remember in 2002 when nobody expected them to win against "The Greatest Show on Turf"? I hope the current dissing keeps coming because it would make victories all the more sweeter.  But you know what?  Win or lose, I'll still be a Patriot Fan. This is not Cool Aid BS or any of that.  The New England Patriots Job is not to solve world peace. The Patriots job is to provide enjoyable entertainment to their fans and they do an excellent job of doing exactly that. 
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971[/QUOTE]

I hear you loud and clear. I don't disagree. I won't be crushed if the Pats don't win a Super Bowl this season. But it did hurt losing to the Giants. 18-0 is a huge accomplishment in and of itself. No doubt. But they should have won that game.  I did not lose any sleep when they lost. And I still remained a loyal Pats fan. Always will even if and when they stop making the playoffs.

It is not about Super Bowl victories for me since I don't play. But it sure is nice when the teams you route for win it all. Like last years Boston Bruins. No one gave them a chance. All I heard(Melrose) was how awful their power play was and how that would hinder their playoffs. Well, it was awful, but they prevailed big time. And I think the Pats will do the same. They have something to prove this season. And I think they can make it to the Super Bowl. Win or lose I will still remain a loyal Pats fan.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

i dont know the name of the dude who loves the patriots and thinks this is our year... but he´s the only one that believes in NE !!!

not that it matters... but  is he gay ?

go pats !!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Parker predicted they wouldn't even make the playoffs. ...Pretty much go 180 degrees from his opnions and you'll get it right

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take:
    [QUOTE]* Rob Parker: "Who did [the Patriots] beat? They didn't beat one team over .500. They haven't won anything since Spygate, no one ever wants to talk about that. Also, they've lost their last three postseason games, the last two at home coming off undefeated home records in the regular season. They lost to Baltimore two years ago, getting run out of Foxborough. And last year, after humiliating the Jets [in the regular season], they got beat because Tom Brady was confused and they couldn't make any adjustments. I'm not buying this team. It's fraudulent. It's a fraud." SMH (facepalm)
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm..... Just how wrong is he? If memory serves me, the Ravens went up 24-0, in Foxboro, and the Pats lost. The JESTS! went ahead last year and the Pats lost in Foxboro. The Giants, while having a spectacular catch and a questionable no call (in the grasp on the same play) put up a great defense to derail the 2007 Worl Beating Pats. See the single thread through all 3 losses? The Pats got beat by above average defenses. So much for that "explosive" offense. I said it before, and I'll say it again... defense wins in the post season.
    Sorry, but going down 17-0 in the first half of a playoff game is NOT a good thing. Very few playoff games are won when the winnner tries to come back from 14+ points. The dynamic changes while trying to come back on a playoff ready defense.

Sorry, but the Bills, Fish, and JESTS! are NOT playoff caliber teams. I may not like what Rod says, but he's right on the facts. Even Denver and Tebow gave them fits, and they're not a playoff caliber defense (someone had to win the AFC West). And we all remember what happened when Brady was out.... 5 losses to playoff teams in the reg season. Is Hoyer better than Cassell, and can he beat a true playoff defense? Item #1 is that we all ray for Brady to stay upright and keep his faculties/senses at all times.

I said it before, I'll buy into this defense when they go a full 60 minutes, stop giving up massive amounts of yards, give up less than 17 points and create 2 turnovers against a GOOD playoff caliber team. Until then, they are a #31 ranked defense that's in the playoffs. And, before anyone counters, I don't give a rip about Green Bay's rank, or New Orleans, or any other team's ranking.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]I think winning 70-80% of your regular season games since the last SB victory is pretty darn good to me!!! And as soon as he said spy-gate he is done in my book of any relavence.
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

Interesting...... so you have no problem with the Patriots averaging 12-4 for 8 years and being on vacation the 4th week in January? No more expectations for more SB wins, as long as they win 12 reg season games? Is it a "Hey! They went 12-4, AND got a 1st round bye (before losing in the playoffs). I'm happy!" concept for you?

This seems to be the mindset of second tier teams in all sports.

Interesting........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : Unfortunately the Patriots under BB and Brady are held to a higher standard, by fans here and non fans alike. "Haven't won anything" means we have not won a playoff game in our last 3 atts. Now after Bradys horrific knee injury I think 2009 should be a legitimate pass. 2010 though we may have been the best team in the league and lost at home. I personally think this was due in large part to our 1 dimensional offense but another issue all together. Fraudulent is a strong word, but you wouldn't use it to portray the Bengals at 9-7(or whatever they are) you would use it to describe a team that goes 14-2 and loses at home in the playoffs.... I don't think that will happen this year and for the record I think Parker is an idiot as well but what he said is true, we have not won "anything" of importance in too long. We are good enough to win now, and I think we should! We have the best QB and the best coach.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I'll define the "haven't won anything" even further: haven't won a Super Bowl

We've seen posters on this board rail on and on against Old Horse Face, as he's "never won anything", until he finally did vs he Bears a few years ago. Then, that rail became "Well, he's only won one." Pats fans LOVe to compare other QB's to Brady, especially in the "Super Bowl Wins" category".

Yet, here's a sports commentator making the same point (haven't won anything", and we get all over him, because he seems to discount the high volume of regular season wins. Seems to me we did the same with Payaton. But, Rod's the jerk.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take : UD6.....  HMMM. shouldn't you be sitting in some hole lamenting how your one man team FLOPPED and twitched like a fish out of water?   YOU got LUCK......LOL... so another 4-6 years of having the Pats be able to make your early career quarterback look like a fool.....  Want us to have TY LAW come back and show him how to throw to the receivers in red silver and blue?
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

NICE!

When you haven't got a logical answer, you go juvenile and show just what an idiot you are. Does  Mommy know you used the computer?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In the same segment, Skip Bayless said NE was going to win it all, and that TB12 was the "real MVP."

I liked that assessment. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rob Parker on ESPN's First Take :   OK, let's run with that.  So the difference between being a fraud, and not being a fraud is a single missed interception in the SB?  Parker's comments would be quite reasonable if we experienced a sudden dropoff in winning after spygate.  We did not.  We went undefeated and made it to the SB.  We've won a lot of games in subsequent years.  Is any team that doesn't win the SB a fraud?  Are there 31 frauds in the NFL each year?  Parker's argument is illogical no matter how you slice it up and no matter what perspective you take on it.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll bite.....

So, you're actually saying that a team, ANY team, averaging 12 wins/season over 4 seasons, winning their division, is NOT considered a fraud if they don't win a SB?  What expectations would you have of this same team if it was, say, located in New York? PhilthyDelphia? Dallas? Chicago or Green Bay? New Orleans? As a Pats fan, would you say that any or those teams ae true SB contenders if all they do is win regular season games year in and year out, and do nothing in the playoffs?

Sorry, I'm not buying. That team with a yearly one and done playoff is no better than the team that misses the playoffs on week 17. The difference if the 12 win avg team gets a higher draft slot. Not much to crow about on that one either.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In the same segment, Skip Bayless said NE was going to win it all, and that TB12 was the "real MVP." I liked that assessment. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

A Bayless endorsment may be a curse.  This is the guy who drives the Tebow bandwagon and loves Romo.