Rob Ryan fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Rob Ryan fired

Per nfl network.  More to come

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Rob Ryan fired

Kind of hard to believe he was the problem at flowery branch. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Oh god. What is he going to do with his romo tattoo?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

From Boston Globe?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

From Boston Globe?

[/QUOTE]

NFL network. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

WOW!! This is a shocker to me.  I thought their terrible head coach would have been fired before Rob Ryan.  To bad the Jets just hired a new DC, it would have been interesting to the Jets fire Rex andhis brother comes in as DC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter         Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

As @briancoz and ESPN Dallas report, Cowboys have fired DC Rob Ryan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WOW!! This is a shocker to me.  I thought their terrible head coach would have been fired before Rob Ryan.  To bad the Jets just hired a new DC, it would have been interesting to the Jets fire Rex andhis brother comes in as DC.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that would ever happen. If you had a twin, would you want to work under him?

That being said, Dallas will have similar fortunes until Jerry cans himself

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt that would ever happen. If you had a twin, would you want to work under him?

[/QUOTE]

I said it would have been interesting had the Jets fired Rex and then brought in Rob as DC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I said it would have been interesting had the Jets fired Rex and then brought in Rob as DC.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, misread then.

Well then at least Sanchez might not need to remove his Ryan tat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

actually a good move

like his brother his mouth and cult of personality following is greater than his actual achievements-i don't remember his D getting a big stop in a big game-ever

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I agree with dapats; the Cowboys' issues have much less to do with their coaching than their ownwership.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BombBuster. Show BombBuster's posts

Typical Ryan attititude-

Quoted as saying "I'll be out of work for about 5 minutes".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BombBuster's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical Ryan attititude-

[/QUOTE]

And he's right. He's one of the better DC's in the game. I'd love to have him back on the Pats as the DC.

That said, Rob was one of the only things that went right with Dal this year. Though it doesn't shock me, given the owner, it's like shooting the good horse to try to make the lame horse run faster

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BombBuster's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Typical Ryan attititude-

[/QUOTE]

And he's right. He's one of the better DC's in the game. I'd love to have him back on the Pats as the DC.

That said, Rob was one of the only things that went right with Dal this year. Though it doesn't shock me, given the owner, it's like shooting the good horse to try to make the lame horse run faster

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I thought the cowboys D kept them in games inspite of romo. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

If you look at the facts, 2 years ago Ryan took on a defense ranked 31st in the NFL.

This year, the Cowboys had a top-10 defense after 10 games. They struggled the the last 6 games no doubt, but due to injuries they were playing without five starters, including ILB's Sean Lee and Bruce Carter, nose tackle Jay Ratliff, plus two key reserves. And OLB DeMarcus Ware was a playing injured, playing despite needing surgeries on his right shoulder and elbow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you look at the facts, 2 years ago Ryan took on a defense ranked 31st in the NFL.

This year, the Cowboys had a top-10 defense after 10 games. They struggled the the last 6 games no doubt, but due to injuries they were playing without five starters, including ILB's Sean Lee and Bruce Carter, nose tackle Jay Ratliff, plus two key reserves. And OLB DeMarcus Ware was a playing injured, playing despite needing surgeries on his right shoulder and elbow.

[/QUOTE]

This is why I would take Rob back to the Pats in a heartbeat if BB wanted him back, next year of course. But, it's also the reason he'll be the hot ticket DC this off-season and will get paid a ton of money 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

let's make a post and take back anyone who has worked elsewhere on the defensive side of the ball as a consutant/new DC.  It can only help Bill because we know better not only what he needs but what he wants

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to provpats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

let's make a post and take back anyone who has worked elsewhere on the defensive side of the ball as a consutant/new DC.  It can only help Bill because we know better not only what he needs but what he wants

[/QUOTE]

considering the D was better with some of those guys and that BB has appeared to take over the DC position completely in recent games compared to the past where he was more reliant on his D coaches to pass along his message that might not be such a bad idea. I mean he brought back McDaniels for a reason, who's to say he wouldn't want to do the same with a D coach given these D coaches short comings?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they both were to coach the Jets, couldn't you just see these two getting into a brawl on the sideline over a disagreement about who gets the last stromboli after the game?  What an epic scenario to finish off the circus in NJ.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I don't think Rob controlled Tony puking on himself big game after big game.  Dumb firing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

considering the D was better with some of those guys and that BB has appeared to take over the DC position completely in recent games compared to the past where he was more reliant on his D coaches to pass along his message that might not be such a bad idea. I mean he brought back McDaniels for a reason, who's to say he wouldn't want to do the same with a D coach given these D coaches short comings?

[/QUOTE]

of course different personnel have nothing to do with them being better back a few years ago.  Patricia is here because BB wants him here; all the flowers and unicorns thinking that the DC discussion represents is just that.  McD is back because he was available and BB was going.  MP is not going anywhere.  seeing BB on the sidelines may be an agreement about how to divide the duties, nothing more; my point is neither you, I or anyone else knows what BB is thinking or will do

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or in Texas for that matter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

how come the NFL doesnt cater to the Ryan famliy like it does to the Mannings

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

of course different personnel have nothing to do with them being better back a few years ago.  Patricia is here because BB wants him here; all the flowers and unicorns thinking that the DC discussion represents is just that.  McD is back because he was available and BB was going.  MP is not going anywhere.  seeing BB on the sidelines may be an agreement about how to divide the duties, nothing more; my point is neither you, I or anyone else knows what BB is thinking or will do

[/QUOTE]

And yet you are convinced he wouldn't bring anyone back to the point you are shooting down opinions to bring someone back, as if we have a say in the matter. Maybe instead of definitively saying he won't you should say I don't think he will. I've also heard comments from Rodney and Brown that said the only reason some of the former coaches didn't come back is a money issues. So who's to say they wouldn't come back if the money was right or BB wouldn't want them back if the money was right? Maybe the money was right for McDaniels and he saw this as an oppertunity to rebuild his rep to get another HC job down the road. Maybe given the age of some of these other former coaches they wanted the money knowing they don't have a ton of time left to earn it, compared to McDaniels. It could go either way but to close out the possibility so definitivly in such a sarcastic manner is just closed minded. Well except for manrat because there is known hatred there

Sections
Shortcuts