Rob Ryan fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: Rob Ryan fired

and none of you former DC coordinator lovers know how  RAC and ryan would perform with this group.  You guys all seem convinced that they would walk in and this defense would become the 1985 Bears under RAC or RR.  There seems to be some magical power ascribed to the former DC and linebackers coach for some reason; it is a totally different game now and RACs lack of success as a HC hasn't' translated well to me for his return.

I agree by the way that MCD came back to rebuild his rep for future HC vacancies; he left with BB's permission and was welcomed back, probably because BB knew he had to devote time on the D side of the ball in building Patricia and the D; I will say it looks like this hasn't hurt the overall offense.

I just say that BB must be ok with Patricia as it is now or he would have gotten rid of him after last year.  He never let sentimentality stand in the way.  The pining for the past is similar to all those who want to grab every FA or cut from another team; there's a lot more going on than we know and BB in my opinion will not pick up any of the old DC personnel as he has chosen Patricia

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to provpats' comment:

and none of you former DC coordinator lovers know how  RAC and ryan would perform with this group.  You guys all seem convinced that they would walk in and this defense would become the 1985 Bears under RAC or RR.  There seems to be some magical power ascribed to the former DC and linebackers coach for some reason; it is a totally different game now and RACs lack of success as a HC hasn't' translated well to me for his return.

I agree by the way that MCD came back to rebuild his rep for future HC vacancies; he left with BB's permission and was welcomed back, probably because BB knew he had to devote time on the D side of the ball in building Patricia and the D; I will say it looks like this hasn't hurt the overall offense.

I just say that BB must be ok with Patricia as it is now or he would have gotten rid of him after last year.  He never let sentimentality stand in the way.  The pining for the past is similar to all those who want to grab every FA or cut from another team; there's a lot more going on than we know and BB in my opinion will not pick up any of the old DC personnel as he has chosen Patricia

Ryan was a former D coach in NE under BB, so we have some indication of his performance in BB's system. Actually he was the LB coach from 00-03' in which that D in terms of system and players shares a number of similarties to the 12' team. Mainly they were 43's that played a lot of sub. They had a strong LB core which you can make direct comparisons between LB's. The main difference is the DB's really with Law and Milloy but outside those two the secondary wasn't all that great in 00-03'. Additionally it's not like he was out of the game, he's been one of the best DC's in the game the entire time. He can coach in todays NFL not in yesterdays.

Funny thing about Patricia is look out how BB has acted on the sidelines pre and post the reg season bye. Before he stayed close to the line which the O on the field. Post bye he's coaching the D on the benches when the O is on the field. He clearly is disappointed with the D and took over, which you can see but the improvements in recent games. I wouldn't be surprised if Patricia is downgraded after this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

What has he done? He's been a DC for the Raiders, Browns, and Cowboys. 8 or 9 years, I think, of DC work. I do not believe he has ever broken the 20 points per game avg mark even once in that time. Hovering more closely around the mid 20's many of the years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

What has he done? He's been a DC for the Raiders, Browns, and Cowboys. 8 or 9 years, I think, of DC work. I do not believe he has ever broken the 20 points per game avg mark even once in that time. Hovering more closely around the mid 20's many of the years.

PPG is a bad stat to use, not sure that there is actually a good stat. You really have to break it down to points per drive and average starting position. I mean honestly Raiders, Browns, Dallas. You look at those teams and those O were horrible. They gave up a ton of turn over points, ST points, and just gave teams a lot of short fields to work with. But, the eye test you can see that those D's were the only thing that kept those teams in games at all. Those were truely horrible O's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Him and Rex are twins for one reason. No one person could be that ugly.

Sections
Shortcuts