Robert Mathis suspended four games for PED's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Robert Mathis suspended four games for PED's

UD6? You got next.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Robert Mathis suspended four games for PED's

Oh I'm sorry, it was a "prohibited substance" to enhance his fertility....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'm calling bs...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

At least Browner had the decency to just go out and smoke a little weed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm calling bs...

[/QUOTE]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350988/article/robert-mathis-suspended-four-games-for-peds

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Mathis screwed up...hopefully it will cost the Colts a game or two...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm calling bs...

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

sounds like something ud6 would say

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I like how he came out and said..."like most couples we were trying to have a baby". Give me a break!! At the age of 32 he doubled his production, that wasn't just dumb luck. Oh I forgot, it was because he was trying to have a baby!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

We'll no one accused you guys of being the sharpest knives in the drawer, but I figured you were better than that.  This guy is as undersized at his position as they come and he's not getting bigger.  You guys can choose to believe what you will, like Belichick doesn't cheat or Hernandez isn't a killer or kaczur wasn't the teams resident pill pusher, but i am surprised at who quickly you'll charge this guy.  I'll believe Mathis based on history.  

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/05/16/indianapolis-colts-robert-mathis-suspended-performance-enhancing-drugs/9187069/" rel="nofollow">http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/05/16/indianapolis-colts-robert-mathis-suspended-performance-enhancing-drugs/9187069/

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Kind of liked this response from a poster on PFT - and likely not from Indy based on his board name. this guy seems to know his drugs, which rusty has told us is his bailiwick ( and if so possibly should have known this), and as such demonstrates once again that Rusty's FOS.

Brandon in Northwest Suburbia | May 17, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
    Yup….with a huge caveat. Clomifene is the single most commonly prescribed drug for males with hypogonadism who are trying to conceive.

It’s “off-label” only because it’s benefit for males was discovered after the patent expired and spending millions of $ to go through the FDA approval process would be pointless and unprofitable for any drug company.

Mathis broke the rules and he should be suspended, and for all I no he may indeed have taken it entirely for PE purposes (it seems odd though, since hard to detect designer steroids are more effective and there is no testing for HGH). That said, the NFL’s PR spin is….at best…deceitful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

More:  on clomid's wiki page:

Clomifene citrate has been found very effective in the treatment of secondary male hypogonadism in many cases.[12] This has shown to be a much more attractive option than testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) in many cases because of the reduced cost and convenience of taking a pill as opposed to testosterone injections or gels.[13] Unlike traditional TRT it also does not shrink the testes and as a result can enhance fertility. Traditional TRT has the risk of inducing a chemical gonadectomy, although with monitoring and low-dose hCG as adjunct, this is usually preventable and reversible.[14] Because clomifene citrate has not been FDA approved for use in males it is prescribed off-label. Due to the fact that Clomifene is now a generic medication in most markets, it is unlikely that a drug company would pursue FDA approval for use in men now because of limited profit incentive, mostly due to the relatively small market potential.[15] However, the single isomer of clomifene, enclomiphene under the brand name Androxal, is currently under phase 3 trials for use in men.[16][17]

Mathis has not denied its use.  He simply made a mistake for a better purpose than football, family.  He'll take his suspension, but he certainly wasn't trying to cheat like Roidney HGHarrison.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hgh is not tested by the nfl and goodell, widely accepted and wanted by the union.  Hgh is also not a steroid.

[/QUOTE]

What's your point little man?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Mathis has not denied its use. He simply made a mistake for a better purpose than football, family. "

If so then why didn't he inform the NFL and double check with the Union to find out if what he was taking was legal? He skipped some important and obvious protocols which casts doubt on his explanation which you accept with your usual blind faith

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm calling bs...

[/QUOTE]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350988/article/robert-mathis-suspended-four-games-for-peds" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350988/article/robert-mathis-suspended-four-games-for-peds

[/QUOTE]

I meant his excuse sounds like BS not the suspension lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

It's a masking agent used to hide the use of other drugs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Is irsey dealing this too?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Mathis has not denied its use. He simply made a mistake for a better purpose than football, family. "

If so then why didn't he inform the NFL and double check with the Union to find out if what he was taking was legal? He skipped some important and obvious protocols which casts doubt on his explanation which you accept with your usual blind faith

[/QUOTE]
    That was his mistake genius.  He deserves his suspension for being stupid, but not (in my biased opinion) for try to beat the system.  

He never denied his use. How many times have you read a doctor's defense of his patient's drug use like this?  It's not like he was seeing Lance Armstrong's doc.  

Read again, both the posters comment from PFT that pasted.  Then read the wiki page about the drug.  There's to much continuity between the objective wiki text and the reasons for his use of it.  Add to that, that he could have chosen more deceptive and effective means to "juice", and if that was his intent, I am sure there are no shortage of people and opportunities to pursue such methods.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hgh is not tested by the nfl and goodell, widely accepted and wanted by the union.  Hgh is also not a steroid.

[/QUOTE]

What's your point little man?

[/QUOTE]

Rusty running for cover again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

here's my big thought about this......

Ray Rice is on video (reportedly cops have it) hitting his wife yet he's ready to play a full 16,

but Josh Gordon wants to get a little high (legal in 2 states) and Mathis wants a kid (I guess) and they are getting suspended?

BS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

here's my big thought about this......

Ray Rice is on video (reportedly cops have it) hitting his wife yet he's ready to play a full 16,

but Josh Gordon wants to get a little high (legal in 2 states) and Mathis wants a kid (I guess) and they are getting suspended?

BS

[/QUOTE]

I am not saying Mathis shouldn't be suspended. Rules are rules for a reason, and Mathis was dumb to rely on his doctor's statement that the drug would not be a concern. How would a doctor know what the nfl rules are?  With the drug policies the nfl has, players have to be concerned about every medication they take.  What I don't believe, however is that Mathis was trying to mask PED use.  I believe he was trying to conceive a child.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts