ROBERT QUINN!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

ROBERT QUINN!!!

If anybody has not seen this kid play youtube some highlights cause he is the real deal. He is exactly what we have been lacking in an edge rusher. What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Re: ROBERT QUINN!!!

That would be awesome!!!!

But it will probably cost both 1st rounders to get him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i like aldon smith and ryan kerrigan more

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I don't want to trade #28 or #33 along with #17 to move up. 

If we move up, than I hope we use #'s 17 and 61 instead. 

#'s 28 and 33 are just too valuable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I still think that pick 17 & our 3rd round pick can get us anywhere between 8-12 after 12 it is maybe a 4th. If Quinn, Fairly or Peterson ( We can dream) fall we all can hope BB shocks us all and moves up for the impact defensive player that is missing. If we do move up we can still draft 2 solid offensive linemen & still draft another one or two that may be a project ( Maybe Cannon in the 5th, poor kid).
    I still think that trading pick 28 to SD for both their second round picks makes sense. This may be possible.

1st round pick. Trade up for Quinn, Jordan or Fairly.

Here is what four 2nd round picks could be.
    Rodney Hudson , Ras I Dowling , Demarco Murray & Moffit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

If he didn't miss a year, he'd be top 3, picked before von miller. Gd dmn raiders played well enough for us to miss out on the messiah of 3-4 olb pass rush wmd's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Kyle - I love Kerrigan high motor great size and very explosive off the first step(thanks MB for the heads up last year) Aldon Smith, I have watched him on Youtube and honestly I was not impressed solid player just not explosive enough probably better in a 43 scheme (Like Cam Jordan).  Not for a first rounder anyways.  Brooks Reid would be a better option at 28 if BB goes that route. 
    I absolutely think that if Quinn is still around at 7-10 you could see #28, our second and a 5th rounder to move up and get him allowing BB to keep 17 and trade down to 20 or so and grab Ingram, Carami or something like that along with a 1st in 2012.

It will be a fun and wild ride tonight!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Robert Quinn=Worst...Choice...Ever.  Unresolved brain tumor still there, off-field incidents, 1 single year of healthy production, ALL his sacks stacked verses sub-par teams, No varied pass rush repatoire-only used his great strength & speed off snap in order to bull-rush vs these sub-par teams, didn't play in 2010...Very high pick selection on positional transfer DE-OLB with big issues both on-field & off-field with both limited knowledge of his overall production & you'll be getting him 1 year cold seeing as he didn't play (along with the other half dozen of issues I outlined aboved).  We take Robert Quinnn & I will cry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Not. Worth. it.

Keep the 17, 28, and 33. There's a rumor that we may be able to trade the #28 for a 2nd round pick in 2011 AND a 1st round pick in 2012.

We'll probably drop a few spots from 17 to 20-22 and still pick up the guy we want while getting an additional 2nd or third.

This could in theory give us our first round pick and 4 second round picks. There's a LOT of value in that. Especially since this "dream draft" gives us an additional 1st rounder next year.

Also throwing in that Chung, Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes, Brace, and Vollmer were second round picks for us in recent years I think we've had some great success in that round.

Keep Quinn and all of the question marks he has - adding 4 more players like those I listed above would be a heck of a lot better to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I like Kerrigan much better than Quinn.  He brings so many other intangibles to the table that you want to spend your 1st round pick on... 

Would love to see a good mick on the roster! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Moving up for Fairly would be the worst thing to do. Quinn, Peterson or Jones....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: ROBERT QUINN!!!:
    I like Kerrigan much better than Quinn.  He brings so many other intangibles to the table that you want to spend your 1st round pick on...  Would love to see a good mick on the roster! 
    Posted by deluxbury

kerrigan is certainly strong coming off the edge, but anyone who thinks he can set the corner in the run game or drop in a deep coverage is kidding themselves.  Just watch the tape, he looks so stiff moving backwards, there's just no fit for him in NE (imo).  If I was convinced he had elite pass rushing ability, maybe you discount the inability to play the edge, but I don't see enough athleticism to provide clay matthews type pass rush.  Not saying Quinn could do it, but Kerrigan just isn't a fit....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROBERT QUINN!!! : kerrigan is certainly strong coming off the edge, but anyone who thinks he can set the corner in the run game or drop in a deep coverage is kidding themselves.  Just watch the tape, he looks so stiff moving backwards, there's just no fit for him in NE (imo).  If I was convinced he had elite pass rushing ability, maybe you discount the inability to play the edge, but I don't see enough athleticism to provide clay matthews type pass rush.  Not saying Quinn could do it, but Kerrigan just isn't a fit....
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion but I'm not seeing what you're seeing.  I'm seeing a very dynamic and extremely athletic player who certainly looks like he could set the edge.  Keep in mind, you're seeing him as a DE on tape.  He will be coached and playing differently as a 34 OLB.  He just needs some seasoning!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROBERT QUINN!!! : I respect your opinion but I'm not seeing what you're seeing.  I'm seeing a very dynamic and extremely athletic player who certainly looks like he could set the edge.  Keep in mind, you're seeing him as a DE on tape.  He will be coached and playing differently as a 34 OLB.  He just needs some seasoning!
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]
    well that's part of the problem, theres very little game tape of him dropping back or doing anything other than playing upfield after the snap, so the only video evidence is combine stuff where imo he looked quite awkward moving laterally and taking drops....now there are endless stories about the uselessness of combine measureables, but just from a "eye test" standpoint I didn't come away wowed with his ability to sink his hips and drop into a zone; the type of thing BB asks his OLB to do with regularity.  He has good size and I think hell make a very solid 4/3 player, but i'm just not seeing the fit here.  Again though, I wouldn't argue if you said "combine=worthless"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

The Pats do not need another 8 players this year or depth or value picks, they need playmakers, edge rushers, ballhawks and other studs to progress in the playoffs.  We don't need a guy that is pretty good and will be an awesome player in 3 years.  The window for Brady is on the downside and they need to get it done now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Here's a little film on Kerrigan.  I think what impresses me most is his speed off the edge and his ability to make plays in backside pursuit.  You'll see many of his plays are on the other side of the field.

Remember, sacks are overrated - pressure is the key..  His speed and long arms are what sets him apart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9j5K6STws

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

he's a high motor guy, I won't dispute that...I think what's quite clear is that come tonight we'll look back on this thread and most likely all look like fools, the chance that any of us can correctly pick the pats first 3 moves is i dunno maybe 10%

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROBERT QUINN!!! : well that's part of the problem, theres very little game tape of him dropping back or doing anything other than playing upfield after the snap, so the only video evidence is combine stuff where imo he looked quite awkward moving laterally and taking drops....now there are endless stories about the uselessness of combine measureables, but just from a "eye test" standpoint I didn't come away wowed with his ability to sink his hips and drop into a zone; the type of thing BB asks his OLB to do with regularity.  He has good size and I think hell make a very solid 4/3 player, but i'm just not seeing the fit here.  Again though, I wouldn't argue if you said "combine=worthless"

I hear you.  I guess my thougts are we have players who can drop back.  I want someone who can get to the QB with regular consistency.  This will make our DB's look like a cast of probowlers.   Over time, he can get better at coverage, but for now if we can get to the QB with consistency, it changes everything!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[QUOTE]he's a high motor guy, I won't dispute that...I think what's quite clear is that come tonight we'll look back on this thread and most likely all look like fools, the chance that any of us can correctly pick the pats first 3 moves is i dunno maybe 10%

True!  I was 110% certain that Kevin O'Connell was the next Brady! NOT!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ROBERT QUINN!!! : True!  I was 110% certain that Kevin O'Connell was the next Brady! NOT!
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]
    I'll admit it, I thought the Chad Jackson Laurence Maroney combo draft was going to set up this offense for a decade Cry

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucky13calistyle. Show lucky13calistyle's posts

they need to stay where they are... im hoping for either Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt at 17 and Ingram or OL at 28

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Im sure Willie Mac didnt have any tape of him dropping into coverage in college either but he figured it out at some point. Most guys you convert to OLB are not gonna be 100% at everything right away, its a transition and you know that when you draft them. Cunningham is not great at dropping back but the coaches think he will be which is why they had faith in him and drafted him. So Kerrigan or Quinn or any of them might not have any tape of them in coverage but that doesnt mean they cant be taught how to do it.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

It is a wierd argument MVPK. Usually you evaluate whether a player can drop based on his athletic ability and how he looks in practice. 

Not many college players have more than a play here and there dropping from DE, and even the 34 OLBs there are rushing or stacking most of the time. 

And yet, players continue to develop those skills at the NFL level. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Julio Jones is the best WR in this draft hands down IMO but I would rather we get a D player. Quinn or Peterson.Julio is a great player, but AJ Green has better hands more fluid in and out of cuts and will be a better Pro than Julio. Although Julio is still a Stud and a much better Blocker than Green
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Julio drops way too many easy passes, then again the same is true for T.O. and say what you want about him but from a production standpoint he's had a fine fine career...either way trading up into the top 7 for a WR would be a big mistake, teams have shown time and time again that WRs aren't worth super high picks unless they're an absolute can't miss talent in the Calvin Johnson mold

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I really like Julio don't get me wrong, but Calvin Johnson coming out of college was just off the charts

Legit 6"5 at 235 pounds, crisp and smooth in and out of breaks, real deal 4.35 game speed, can make the spectacular grab but doesnt have the mental lapses and makes the routine plays look...routine.  high character guy, hard worker, willing blocker, made a very average GT offense look quite good and was not surrownded by nearly the talent Julio had at 'bama.

I'm not saying Julio won't be a very nice player, but I don't think there's been a single WR prospect like CJ, with him your talking about a true "cant miss" prospect.  There are legitimate knocks on Julio's game, i can't think of a single thing that CJ didn't excell at while in the NCAA

Sections
Shortcuts