Rock for brains

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

Re: Rock for brains

shut up no one wants to read that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Rusty got banned again?  I hadn't read anything too violent. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What did he get banned for now? He did seem to be getting a little nasty while he was losing all his salary cap debates:)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He made it pretty far this time. What was he at? 3000 posts?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

We only knew you for less than 2 months yet everyone hated on you. Before we all knew it....banned yet again! What a dolt!

see you in a few with your 10th name is it? Or is it 11?

hope your back by March 1 so I can bludgeon you on our bet that the Jets will be under the cap by $20-30 million

bwahahahahahahahaha!!

u can't win rkarp...the jets are 450 million over the cap and in permanent cap hell-rusty said so!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Jets have to cut/release players (Scott) to free up money like everyone else. Rusty's problem is name-calling. Just make your points and leave.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think you're all a little demented, frankly. Defending your turf like penguins in the rookery. Waddling around and bumping into each other and both getting nowhere.

Endless battles with no conclusion taking up page after page. If you all put this much energy into something productive you'd be rich. Maybe you are and that's why you have so much time on your hands? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Some of you are too much. He's one funny SOB who has some killer postings and some not so much. Who gives a rats azz...take the good with the bad for criss sakes. His latest posts were harmless...some of you more than held your ground with him so leave it at that. It's a blogging site for criss sakes not a day a Miss Manners.

If you could take a look at the lines in my face and the wear and tear life has taken on me, and will with all of you as you go thru life, you will realize there is nothing posted on here that is anything close to life or death or even all that importent in the face of real life issues.

Have fun with it, don't be obsessed with it, peace out folks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

there is nothing posted on here that is anything close to life or death or even all that importent in the face of real life issues.

I completely agree with you.....BUT.....Rusty ruins every other thread with the same old rants about Brady needing to be under center more, and that he runs the offense w/o any regard for Josh, blah blah blah.....then it turns into 5th grade name calling....day after day after day.......it's just annoying now to have to sift through his daily BS.

After putting him and a couple others on ignore, the site is much more enjoyable for this kid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

there is nothing posted on here that is anything close to life or death or even all that importent in the face of real life issues.

I completely agree with you.....BUT.....Rusty ruins every other thread with the same old rants about Brady needing to be under center more, and that he runs the offense w/o any regard for Josh, blah blah blah.....then it turns into 5th grade name calling....day after day after day.......it's just annoying now to have to sift through his daily BS.

After putting him and a couple others on ignore, the site is much more enjoyable for this kid.

I'm inclined to agree.  I have no wish to engage in Rusty bashing or in bashing anyone else for that matter.  It does get old, however, when a topic that makes for interesting discussion gets turned into an endless flamewar of adolescent name-calling.  When that happens people seem to lose their perspective and the thread just heads south.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In this "groundhog day" junior always comes back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Some of you are too much. He's one funny SOB who has some killer postings and some not so much. Who gives a rats azz...take the good with the bad for criss sakes. His latest posts were harmless...some of you more than held your ground with him so leave it at that. It's a blogging site for criss sakes not a day a Miss Manners.

If you could take a look at the lines in my face and the wear and tear life has taken on me, and will with all of you as you go thru life, you will realize there is nothing posted on here that is anything close to life or death or even all that importent in the face of real life issues.

I completely agree, honestly I have a lot of fun going back and forth with him. I do realize it ruins people's experience on this board, so I try to keep it confined to salary cap threads. The thing is rusty will ruin any thread when someone disagrees with him - I just find it more fun to argue with him than others.

The second paragraph of your post is some nice stuff to read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I completely agree, honestly I have a lot of fun going back and forth with him. I do realize it ruins people's experience on this board, so I try to keep it confined to salary cap threads. The thing is rusty will ruin any thread when someone disagrees with him - I just find it more fun to argue with him than others.

The second paragraph of your post is some nice stuff to read.

Junior is dead wrong on almost every point he makes. But there is no denying he stirs the pot and makes things more lively than they might otherwise be.

And he polarizes the vast majority against him, thus preventing us from turning on each other.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I think you're all a little demented, frankly. Defending your turf like penguins in the rookery. Waddling around and bumping into each other and both getting nowhere.

Endless battles with no conclusion taking up page after page. If you all put this much energy into something productive you'd be rich. Maybe you are and that's why you have so much time on your hands? 

Agreed with this, the level of one upsmanship around here borders on insane.  Hijacked posts and cyber world chest puffery are getting stale.  I actually stop reading threads now when the insults start.  It's too bad because some of the tormenters have valid, interesting points of view.  This place brings the worst out in some of you (I'm assuming since I don't know you in real life).  Frustrated wanna be GMs and professional sports reporters need a forum I guess. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Why does everyone get so nostalgic about him when he's gone, that's what i'd like to know? The guy has 4 main premises that form the majority if not all of his posts:

1) BB is the best and is the reason for everything good that happens to the team (BB is responsible for the D and therefore it falls under this premise)

2) Brady is the reason for everything wrong with the team and he's a primadonna who's demands have undermined BBs plans for the team (i.e. the shotgun spread)

3) Hate the Jets above all others

4) Smack all trolls in the mouth, regardless of other people discussions

I Agree with the guy sometimes, sometimes I couldn't be further away from what he's thinking but basically since i've been coming to the forum he's been hitting on these 4 premises. Even when he posts on a thread which doesn't have to do with any of these things specifically he'll find a way to guide the path of the discussion back to one of these. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Why does everyone get so nostalgic about him when he's gone, that's what i'd like to know? The guy has 4 main premises that form the majority if not all of his posts:

1) BB is the best and is the reason for every good that happens to the team (BB is responsible for the D and therefore it falls under this premise)

2) Brady is the reason for everything wrong with the team and he's a primadonna who's demands have undermined BBs plans for the team (i.e. the shotgun spread)

I Agree with the guy sometimes, sometimes I couldn't be further away from what he's thinking but basically since i've been coming to the forum he's been hitting on these 4 premises. Even when he posts on a thread which doesn't have to do with any of these things specifically he'll find a way to guide the path of the discussion back to one of these. 

Spot on....but you left out #5.....our defense is great!! LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

1) BB is the best and is the reason for every good that happens to the team (BB is responsible for the D and therefore it falls under this premise)

Spot on....but you left out #5.....our defense is great!! LOL

Haha good one I came up with a #6 in that case....I am never ever wrong

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hiya queenie! following on russ's heals defending him to the hilt as usual

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

1) BB is the best and is the reason for everything good that happens to the team (BB is responsible for the D and therefore it falls under this premise)

+ 10000000000000000000000000000

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

my friend why do people like u always exist in times like this to lay down your "real world" words of "wisdom" for the rest of us?

u entirely miss the point. It's got zero to do with any of that, it is the fact that rusty is obnoxious, arrogant, confrontational and condescending in the extreme, is the first one to start with the personal disparagements, turns every single thread into an argument, and as a result is the only person banned onhere regularly and an embarrassing number of times. All this is said not only in the context of this forum but it applies across the board, to any aspect of life. If this were a business he would have been fired. A bar he would have gotten thrown out or his a** kicked. The army put on KP. A sports team, kicked off, suspended or made to run laps over and over.

So its all in the context of our shared experience here and it's all about common decency and at least a little respect for others. And this would apply in any walk of life, here or any of the above.

What this has to do with anything else, especially the "real" world and Life and all we go through as we live, is beyond me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Agreed with this, the level of one upsmanship around here borders on insane.  Hijacked posts and cyber world chest puffery are getting stale.  I actually stop reading threads now when the insults start.  It's too bad because some of the tormenters have valid, interesting points of view.  This place brings the worst out in some of you (I'm assuming since I don't know you in real life).  Frustrated wanna be GMs and professional sports reporters need a forum I guess. 

Agree

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

hiya queenie! following on russ's heals defending him to the hilt as usual

Whatever tough guy.  I don't have the time or inclination to defend or fight anybody on this board. Life is complicated enough without becoming obsessed with defending some imaginary virtual turf, which is what some guys seem to get off on.  

I agree with Rusty at least philosophically on a lot of things, certainly not everything. Thing is, I probably agree with Babe and others who consistently clash with Rusty on a lot of stuff as well.  Some just take it to an extreme that I can't be bothered with. It's tedious. It's not a discussion, it's a turf battle that has no end.

I think the great majority on this board get it and stay out of the fray. But there are half a dozen or so that can't seem to restrain themselves, and inevitably we end up with 157 posts going back and forth saying the same things over and over. Count me out.

Then there are the fans of other teams on here for God only knows what reason...