Rocksully is a football genius.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Rocksully is a football genius.

Rock knows everything about football and I know nothing, he's probably forgotten more about football this morning than I'll learn in my lifetime. We're all lucky to have him enlighten us with his genius. 

He knows all and I know none, thank you for allowing me to post on your board, Rock.

Matt Ryan is still a hack though. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Rocksully is a football genius.

Bump...I need him to see this. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

we won because of the run game. no doubt brady played amazing but i think the run game allowed him to do so. and the game was a lot closer towards the end when a lot of you guys already started calling it over. leave the guy alone because nink dosent recover onside.... a few plays here and there and we could have lost that game

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:
    [QUOTE]

we won because of the run game. no doubt brady played amazing but i think the run game allowed him to do so. and the game was a lot closer towards the end when a lot of you guys already started calling it over. leave the guy alone because nink dosent recover onside.... a few plays here and there and we could have lost that game

[/QUOTE]

We won because all 45 players did their job

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Babe called me Rusty once, is that close enough??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I lost a bet, this has nothing to do with the game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

BUMP! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

who is rocksully? is he realted to rockscully?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bravo for paying it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to In_BB_We_Trust's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Effective running always helps. Just as good defense does.

A few less calls going the Texans' way and the blowout would have been embarrassing for them. Even if one feels every call was the correct call, they all were so close they could easily have gone the other way. And there were plenty of them that kept them in the rear-view mirror.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Babe called me Rusty once, is that close enough??

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Rock knows everything about football and I know nothing, he's probably forgotten more about football this morning than I'll learn in my lifetime. We're all lucky to have him enlighten us with his genius. 

He knows all and I know none, thank you for allowing me to post on your board, Rock.

[/QUOTE]

Junior is such a genius that few realize we actually lost this game. We must have, because we threw 40 passes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. Your an honorable man to honor your debt. Lol 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Lol

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Junior is such a genius that few realize we actually lost this game. We must have, because we threw 40 passes.

[/QUOTE]

When was the last time the Pats beat an opponent by more than 10+points in a game when throwing 40+ attempts in a game? Before last night. You know an easy victory.

[/QUOTE]

It probably isn't very often. 40 passes or more most often happens when the run isn't working. Also, if you're winning by over 10 points later in the game you're probably running it quite a bit more to burn the clock.

Why do you ask? Are you trying to make some kind of point here?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hey, I am just glad Ridley finally got in there. The first drive was awful and poorly designed.

Take away about 3-5 passes on first two drives before they went to Ridley in the base, and it's well under 40.

It's so obvious how the offense is run so much better when they use Ridley as a starter.

[/QUOTE]

Well junior. Take away 3-5 passes from every game and Brady would have very few 40 or more pass games. DUH. It is astonishing how that thing you call a mind works.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just looking at this year, if we passed 40+ times it was either a loss, or a very tight game, with the opponent having a 1 possesion to tie or win. (Except for SF game where score dictated you needed to pass). In all these games we were either ahead or tied at halftime. (Except for SF)

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Like I say, they pass a lot when the run isn't working. And of course in a shootout.

I think in this game they would have reverted to more running (because it was being effective) but the refs kept keeping the Texans on life support with calls.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

maybe they were running decoy at the beginning of the game......giving Houston a look that they weren't really going to stick with.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure. I know that's a possiblity, but it was clear as a decoy it wasn't even worth doing. At least move the ball!  One drive at one point later in the game was 1:30.

[/QUOTE]

I did not like the opening formation either. I am not as concerned with the balance or number of times Brady chucks it. The game sometimes dictates what the offence will do. I will trust wonder boy I guess. 

Sections
Shortcuts