Rodger Waters rocking it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Rodger Waters rocking it

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show....just caught the end of that....no pun intended.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

I thought it was awkward.  Never understood why he thought he was above Gilmour. It's awkward watching him defer to some hired gun on vocals. Vedder nailed the vocal parts on Comfortably Numb.

Heard his Wall tour was cool, but he's never been a good singer. Good songwriter, creative and a good bass player, but Pink Floyd w/out him did just fine for on those late 80s and mid 90s tours.

Waters knows how to put on a great live show. Saw him perform Dark Side of the Moon in Winnipeg a few years ago and had the opportunity to see him perform The Wall twice, once in Vancouver and then also this year in Winnipeg.

One of the more sophisticated big rock shows. It's true he's not a great singer and so the hired guns help with that.

wasn't a great singer ever-but his voice is very effective-his and Gilmore's voices worked so well together when they sang different parts in the same song ie: Hey You

Waters voice has the ability to convey the anger, despair and yet hope in Floyd's lyrics-even in and out of key it works

Gilmore on the other hand has a great voice-very melodic

Yeah, musically they were great together. It's too bad the way it ended. Control and an element of arrogance are often the issue it seems.

I think with Pink Floyd it was similar to what happened in Creedence between John Fogarty and the rest. One guy who is the primary creative force, with the others feeling marginalized. Fogarty admits he basically told the rest that when they wrote something good enough it would be put on an album.

Harder to marginalize a real talent like Gilmour but I do think that after Barrett's "departure" Waters was the creative force in that band.

It happens in way too many cases, so I have a lot of respect for bands who fight through the inevitable artistic headbutting.  I get it. It's just ridiculous.   The proof is in the pudding for me.  Floyd put out two good albums with Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell while Waters sat around doing solo stuff that really wasn't that good.

I don't know. He seems pretty high on himself.

It's like Harrison in the Beatles.  Sure, Lennon and McCartney were better at that time, but you can't tell me what Harrison had wasn't better than some of they had. It was.  Once your ego gets that big, only a producer can really step in and settle that stuff.    What did Forgety do post CCR?

Nothing.  

Sometimes I think the chief songwriter(s) don't realize how vital the complementary components are as to what they do. 

Agreed. Those are insightful comments and it's too bad that some of the more talented musicians had that tendency to become so possessive over something that in essence shouldn't be about ownership, in the artistic sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Yeah, he's an artist. I can appreciate that. I have some friends that hit the Wrigley Wall show this summer.  They said it was cool which i am sure it was.  He puts on a massive stage show, as does Floyd. It's what they do. I just feel he thinks Pink Floyd is him and I disagree with that.

It's too bad he let his ego get in the way.  As I understand it, the rest of the band didn't want him singing on certain songs, which ended up putting a divide in the band, that he simply never got over. I just think it's slightly arrogant of him thinking he needs to do everything whe you have Gilmour and Rick Wright sitting there as talented as he is.

The Final Cut in 1983 was a bone for the fans, but The Wall was his baby in 1979. Nice record, but it was more about the concept of the album than the fact he was some otherwordly songwriter or singer.

Gilmour is a great guitar player, singer and songwriter in his own right and it's a shame the egos got in the way.

The sum is always greater than the parts themselves.

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Daltrey dropping the F Bomb, lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Baba O'riley....all time classic.

Man, Daltrey can still belt it out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's rocking the open shirt.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Not bad for a 68-year old, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He rocked 6 songs and the stones did 2.  My wife gave me a' I better have a body like his at 68.  I loved the Keith Moon tribute.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I never listen to any Pink Floyd after the Final Cut album which was practically a Waters solo album. I remember loving the Wall when it came out but i almost never listen to it now. I greatly prefer the Syd Barrett era music or Dark Side Of The Moon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Kanye all ghetto in front of an audience that's whiter then a Republican convention.  Hilarious 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

I never listen to any Pink Floyd after the Final Cut album which was practically a Waters solo album. I remember loving the Wall when it came out but i almost never listen to it now. I greatly prefer the Syd Barrett era music or Dark Side Of The Moon.

My favorite album is Wish you were here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to ccnsd's comment:

My favorite album is Wish you were here

An excellant album that personally I would put as their third best. The title track is probably my favorite Pink Floyd song though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Which 2 would you put ahead of Wish You Were Here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Wow. Such a different vibe in here when you guys talk music instead of football

If I didnt know any better, I'd swear some of you actually like one other

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

For me dark side and meddle.

Neal, what the hey! You have a personality! All this time you have been foolin all of us!

Go back to talking football and being wrong, it much more fun!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It doesn't matter how many guitar players and singers Waters brings on stage. They still don't equal 1 Gilmour.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I'm with you on Waters being heart and soul of Floyd.

Although you can't match Gilmore's voice.

Liked Waters' solo album Radio K.A.O.S.

In response to JintsFan's comment:

Yeah, he's an artist. I can appreciate that. I have some friends that hit the Wrigley Wall show this summer.  They said it was cool which i am sure it was.  He puts on a massive stage show, as does Floyd. It's what they do. I just feel he thinks Pink Floyd is him and I disagree with that.

It's too bad he let his ego get in the way.  As I understand it, the rest of the band didn't want him singing on certain songs, which ended up putting a divide in the band, that he simply never got over. I just think it's slightly arrogant of him thinking he needs to do everything whe you have Gilmour and Rick Wright sitting there as talented as he is.

The Final Cut in 1983 was a bone for the fans, but The Wall was his baby in 1979. Nice record, but it was more about the concept of the album than the fact he was some otherwordly songwriter or singer.

Gilmour is a great guitar player, singer and songwriter in his own right and it's a shame the egos got in the way.

The sum is always greater than the parts themselves.

waters became a meglomaniac  and impossible to work with but without him Floyd lost it's bite-Gilmour cannot match him as a lyricist, of course, but even the overall sound and presence wasn't the same

Floyd without Waters doesn't have the depth it had with him but then Waters without Floyd doesn't have the melody or accessibility

I put in a bid to work the renunion tour about 8(?) years ago. 11 months world tour. The deal fell through because Waters wanted 50% of the money with Gilmour, Mason and Wright splitiing the other 50. They wanted an even 4 way split. Needless to say the tour never happend. Waters is a dick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Waters should form a band with Robbie Robertson, the Greedy Basstards or some such thing.    

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

For me dark side and meddle.

Top 3

Dark side

Wish you were here

Money

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Wow. Such a different vibe in here when you guys talk music instead of football

If I didnt know any better, I'd swear some of you actually like one other

Haha.  Yep

Sections
Shortcuts