Rodney Harrison Preaching That Patriots Are Missing Hard-Hitting Safety

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

Rodney Harrison Preaching That Patriots Are Missing Hard-Hitting Safety

Says Patriots missing hard hitting safety who can set the tone for the game. With Spikes return as questionable; who do the Patriots have left who can set the tone on the field?

full article at the link

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/02/patriots_beat_hard_hitting_expose_on_missing_link

"Rodney Harrison has been on this crusade for a little while now. And when the former Patriots safety gets up on his soap box, it’s hard not to listen.

Harrison has been preaching for the Pats to acquire a tone-setter for the middle of the football field. He’s been pleading for them to land an intimidating, hard-hitting safety, à la Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor or Harrison himself in his heyday."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Rodney Harrison Preaching That Patriots Are Missing Hard-Hitting Safety

That's why we've been calling for Whitner or, some of us at least, Pollard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Absolutely a need for the Pats BUST-CHISE....so do the Jets, your team.....

Gregory sucks...everytime he tries to hit someone hard he usually closes his eyes and hits a teammate or bounces of the guy he's trying to knock down...he can't tackle a boxed lunch...time for some new relaible talent back there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's why we've been calling for Whitner or, some of us at least, Pollard.

[/QUOTE]

+1 been on that boat since day 1.

even someone like Chris Clemons or Mike Mitchell will work

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Calvin Pryor is in the area of that 29th pick.  I expect him to move up some but who knows.  If he's there the Pats need to pick him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Says Patriots missing hard hitting safety who can set the tone for the game. With Spikes return as questionable; who do the Patriots have left who can set the tone on the field?

full article at the link

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2014/02/patriots_beat_hard_hitting_expose_on_missing_link

"Rodney Harrison has been on this crusade for a little while now. And when the former Patriots safety gets up on his soap box, it’s hard not to listen.

Harrison has been preaching for the Pats to acquire a tone-setter for the middle of the football field. He’s been pleading for them to land an intimidating, hard-hitting safety, à la Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor or Harrison himself in his heyday."

[/QUOTE]

does he mean hard hitting or dirty like he was?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes actually

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

hard hitting and dirty like he was.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think we all agree on this one, except maybe who?

i don't want pollard or ward, they aren't rated that good

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we all agree on this one, except maybe who?

i don't want pollard or ward, they aren't rated that good

[/QUOTE]

do rating matter? Whitner and Pollard will be 500 times better than Gregory

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes actually

[/QUOTE]

Yes indeedaroo! He's a multi time All-Pro...you bet we'd love someone exactly like that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Didnt our board jester tell us theres nothing wrong with the defense and how great they are .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didnt our board jester tell us theres nothing wrong with the defense and how great they are .

[/QUOTE]

Rusty is often wrong....this is known...so who isn't?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right who isnt but rusty will never admit it thats the thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right who isnt but rusty will never admit it thats the thing.

[/QUOTE]

ou know...my ex wife would never admit she was wrong either...still doesn't...my kids and I laff out loud about it...you just have to realize that's his make up...he's not going to change...take the good with the bad and roll on...don't tajke his refusal to admit anything as an insult...he's like that to EVERYONE...it's like the hard ground under your feet...only a dusaster will change the way it is...ACCEPTANCE is crucial to a happy life!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

full article at the link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be concerned about the 7-9 Giants? Well, they have the easiest schedule next season so I suppose not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

does he mean hard hitting or dirty like he was?"

both actually. You know, a bit like Lawrence Taylor (you may have heard of him) but at the safety spot.

".you just have to realize that's his make up...he's not going to change...take the good with the bad and roll on...don't tajke his refusal to admit anything as an insult...he's like that to EVERYONE...it's like the hard ground under your feet...only a dusaster will change the way it is...ACCEPTANCE is crucial to a happy life"

Mel that is some pretty smart and wise stuff there. However, I would add that along with acceptance, a willingess to change, rethink, educate and develop is a big key to personal happiness. It's reasonable to challenge others to do the same. I don't expect Rusty to ever change as you point out, but it would do him and all of us good if he did. Change is not impossible by any stretch. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Does he mean hard hitting, like he hit Tyree?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

full article at the link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be concerned about the 7-9 Giants? Well, they have the easiest schedule next season so I suppose not.

[/QUOTE]

they have the easiest schedule?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think there is a difference between Harrison who is all but universally thought of as a great SS who hid hard but was not "dirty" and Pollard who tries to hurt players. Jack Tatum was such a thug. I do not think Harrison was in that category.

But if you take Harrison's point you have to realize that it is not JUST hard hitting that counts. You need a player who makes plays and does not break down with mistakes that result in big plays by the oppoenent. You need a really good SS who brings hard hitting as a part of their natural game. Guys like that do not grow on trees.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

full article at the link

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they have the easiest schedule?

[/QUOTE]

Or the Colts, they're top 5.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Thats why he's the board jester.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

ou know...my ex wife would never admit she was wrong either...still doesn't...my kids and I laff out loud about it...you just have to realize that's his make up...he's not going to change...take the good with the bad and roll on...don't tajke his refusal to admit anything as an insult...he's like that to EVERYONE...it's like the hard ground under your feet...only a dusaster will change the way it is...ACCEPTANCE is crucial to a happy life!

Who knows, if she's now your ex - maybe she got that right.  Hard to tell - since she's not here to defend herself.

Acceptance is crucial to a happy life?  What a bunch of crud.  If young child is getting beat up by bullies - he/she should just "accept it and be happy"?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think there is a difference between Harrison who is all but universally thought of as a great SS who hid hard but was not "dirty" and Pollard who tries to hurt players. Jack Tatum was such a thug. I do not think Harrison was in that category.

But if you take Harrison's point you have to realize that it is not JUST hard hitting that counts. You need a player who makes plays and does not break down with mistakes that result in big plays by the oppoenent. You need a really good SS who brings hard hitting as a part of their natural game. Guys like that do not grow on trees.

[/QUOTE]

Whether Harrison was truly dirty or not - who knows.  What matters is that other players thought so - and didn't like to get hit by him. He was also very vocal, backed up his talk on the field.  The Patriots appear to lose physical games.  Other teams don't fear this defense, not anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

does he mean hard hitting or dirty like he was?"

both actually. You know, a bit like Lawrence Taylor (you may have heard of him) but at the safety spot.

".you just have to realize that's his make up...he's not going to change...take the good with the bad and roll on...don't tajke his refusal to admit anything as an insult...he's like that to EVERYONE...it's like the hard ground under your feet...only a dusaster will change the way it is...ACCEPTANCE is crucial to a happy life"

Mel that is some pretty smart and wise stuff there. However, I would add that along with acceptance, a willingess to change, rethink, educate and develop is a big key to personal happiness. It's reasonable to challenge others to do the same. I don't expect Rusty to ever change as you point out, but it would do him and all of us good if he did. Change is not impossible by any stretch. 

I don't recall LT ever being called dirty...he was relentless and hit brutally hard but I can't recall him being called dirty

Sections
Shortcuts