In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Sometimes saying other people are responsible for their own actions is a convenient way to avoid taking any responsibility yourself.  One of the most profound ethical statements ever made was this in Dostoevsky's Brothers Karamazov: 

For know, dear ones, that every one of us is undoubtedly responsible for all

men—and everything on earth, not merely through the general

sinfulness of creation, but each one personally for all mankind and

every individual man. This knowledge is the crown of life for the

monk and for every man.

It takes a brave soul indeed to take responsibility personally for all mankind and every individual man.  Few of us can live up to that (me the least).  But it's something to think about everytime you're tempted to say "I'm not responsible . . ." 

So you're saying I caused Juniors death? Did you cause drunk drivers to drive into poles because you aren't more vocal? You should be arrested for taking responsibility since appearently you have the ability to prevent it. There are certain things in life you can and can't control. I don't have the resources nor ability to change the NFL culture and you have seen me many times on here denounce head hits from our own players, so don't give me that BS. Not a single fan is forcing them to hit people in the head. Not a single fan can force them to cause injury to another player. Not a single fan can do anything about it either because we can't get to them and tell them to stop. Where your statement holds water is looking at the stars in the league. Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers those are players that can affect culture change and stand up to take responsibility but all you are doing is trying to shift the blame onto people who have no control over it to begin with. It's the, it's all our faults this happened, mentallity when it isn't. These are grown men not children. They make up their own minds on what is right and what is wrong. If they chose what is wrong that's on them not on me. But, if you want to enact change and feel you are personally responsible for it then what you personally can do is stop watching the games, buying merchandise, and protesting the hits to your hearts content otherwise you are part of the problem according to your own statemente and therefore I don 

If you want to hold yourself to the highest ethical standard you accept responsibility for all evil and try to the best of your ability to make it better. Sure no one can solve all the world's problems or act in a perfect way. We're all limited and imperfect as human beings. But the one thing you can do is never say, "Well I'm not responsible, someone else is, and therefore I don't need to care or try." When you dismiss the suffering of any one, you are doing that, and in my opinion acting in an ethically weak and cowardly way.  

Then you're taking the cowards way out. I haven't seen you trying to stop the killing in the middle east, or stopping drunk drivers, or stopping a whole host of others. You also waste time here instaed of preventing evil around the world. It's not cowardly to understand your limitation and work within those limitations to make the world better. I know I can't change the culture of the NFL, it's to big for one person to do. I also understand bring attention to it would be to great of a task for me to do. But, I'm not going to join that culture either and on this forum have denounced it. I will not feel sympathy for those who give into that culture knowing the risks either and I lay blame on them for giving into that culture because ultimately it's their decision and their game. Their voices can enact change not mine. Blaming them for taking the money, complaining when they get fined, and then complaining the league isn't doing enough is on them not any of us. Blaming cultures is cowardice to the highest degree. Enact change from within if you have a voice within that culture. But, if you don't have a voice that can be heard it's better not to be part of the culture to begin with. Either way it's still personal responsibility and blaming a culture because you didn't take responsibility for yourself is weak. Don't forget the strong overcome challenges the weak blame others for their failures

Exactly, you shirk your responsibility to care.