Rodney Harrison talking again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Rodney Harrison talking again

He is ABSOLUTELY right!!  When is the last time we saw this D play hard hitting  defense?  Blow up some folks on the field, highlight reel legal hits!  There is no one, apparently, on this team who can fire up the D and make them play "mad" if you want to use that term.  Just where is the fire in this defense?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I'll never forget the 12-0 snowbowl against the Fins with the Bruschi INT TD!!! We all miss the defense of the past. Of course Rodney is right! It's too bad we couldn't get fat Rob Ryan back here as a D coordinator. Someone will hire him as a head coach though...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Rodney Harrison talking again

Have any of you read on espn boston.com Rodney Harrison is voicing his opinion on the defense. Saying he hates it. We play soft coverage etc. etc.

I don't have time to post it now but if any of you read his comments or listen to the clip please post what you think of what he said. If your agree or disagree and why.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I guess after time you have to look at the Matthews passover again and ask if it was still the right move.
    It's true, this team has no ignition on D, they can't man up so they play the soft zone. The irony is this is what BB/TB feast on so one would think they would know to not use it right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Yeh right, if Rodney was playing now , he'd be suspended. Mariweather tried playing hard and looked at what happened to him .. Maybe Rodney should become a coach and teach these guys how to be nasty without touching another player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Do we want guys tackling the way polomula tackled Wes welker and caused a neck injury? do we want guys playing dirty like Suh and the Lions do? Do we want guys smashing into other players helmets and causing brain damage?

You can play hard on defense without killing somebody, or paralyzing them, or causing brain damage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison talking again:
    Do we want guys tackling the way polomula tackled Wes welker and caused a neck injury? do we want guys playing dirty like Suh and the Lions do? Do we want guys smashing into other players helmets and causing brain damage? You can play hard on defense without killing somebody, or paralyzing them, or causing brain damage.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Agreed. However, the Pats D is soft. It is supposed to be BB bread and butter. Brady can't win all the games. So, the D has to get better and make more plays. It is not them being dirty, just getting tougher and playing tighter would be a start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

He is ABSOLUTELY right!!  When is the last time we saw this D play hard hitting  defense?  Blow up some folks on the field, highlight reel legal hits!  There is no one, apparently, on this team who can fire up the D and make them play "mad" if you want to use that term.  Just where is the fire in this defense?!
    Posted by agcsbill

I'd like to see them take their occasional opportunities to  send messages to opposing receivers too - hard, legal hits (and pushing that line wherever it may be...lol) - PLUS, show the emotion...

Our leaders on the field are too quiet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison talking again : I'd like to see them take their occasional opportunities to  send messages to opposing receivers too - hard, legal hits (and pushing that line wherever it may be...lol) - PLUS, show the emotion... Our leaders on the field are too quiet.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Agreed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Yeh right, if Rodney was playing now , he'd be suspended. Mariweather tried playing hard and looked at what happened to him .. Maybe Rodney should become a coach and teach these guys how to be nasty without touching another player.
    Posted by NEGAME2

Are you absolutely nuts? Merriweather wasnt released for playing hard. You don't get to 14-2 last year and 5-2 year to date by playing soft. Merriweather was cut because he could or wouldnt play inside the schemes. He would make mistake after mistake.

Sometimes people say the stupidest things here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1377707&position=0

“Then I look at that secondary, and they’re playing really soft coverage, that bend-but-don’t-break defense. I hate that. I think you have to challenge your players more. You have to start blitzing, force the quarterback into making mistakes. I know you can’t stop everything. I know they were afraid of their speed. But sometimes you just got to go challenge them. And I just don’t see them doing it.”

We disguised, we mixed in cover-2, we mixed in cover-4, and different cover-3s. Here, I just see a basic, plain defense. So if the offense isn’t scoring 25-30 points, you’re in trouble.”

Harrison says fine. So they’re not the most talented bunch. There’s still enough to work with, and get more from. What he’s seeing just isn’t acceptable.

“If I’m the defensive coordinator, I’ve got to make these guys a little more aggressive. I’ve got to push them,” he said. “I question the move with Leigh Bodden. Yes, maybe he was moping around in practice. But that’s when you have to go in and motivate guys.”

So Harrison is really telling his old boss to get the whip out.

Time to mix things up (sorta like on offense) - and break out the whip!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1377707&position=0 “Then I look at that secondary, and they’re playing really soft coverage, that bend-but-don’t-break defense. I hate that. I think you have to challenge your players more. You have to start blitzing, force the quarterback into making mistakes. I know you can’t stop everything. I know they were afraid of their speed. But sometimes you just got to go challenge them. And I just don’t see them doing it.” We disguised, we mixed in cover-2, we mixed in cover-4, and different cover-3s. Here, I just see a basic, plain defense. So if the offense isn’t scoring 25-30 points, you’re in trouble.” Harrison says fine. So they’re not the most talented bunch. There’s still enough to work with, and get more from. What he’s seeing just isn’t acceptable. “If I’m the defensive coordinator, I’ve got to make these guys a little more aggressive. I’ve got to push them,” he said. “I question the move with Leigh Bodden. Yes, maybe he was moping around in practice. But that’s when you have to go in and motivate guys.” So Harrison is really telling his old boss to get the whip out. Time to mix things up (sorta like on offense) - and break out the whip!!
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Seems a lot of people are questioning the release of Leigh Bodden.....another one bites the dust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison talking again : Seems a lot of people are questioning the release of Leigh Bodden.....another one bites the dust.
    Posted by TrueChamp

He's a bust

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison talking again :   I remember you saying it after last year's match too...Posted by Texas-Pathetic

really? you have me mixed up with somone else

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

Do we want guys tackling the way polomula tackled Wes welker and caused a neck injury? do we want guys playing dirty like Suh and the Lions do? Do we want guys smashing into other players helmets and causing brain damage? You can play hard on defense without killing somebody, or paralyzing them, or causing brain damage.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I hear what your saying, Dust in the Wind.  I remember you saying it after last year's match too...http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5807365

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

So, Harrison said this -

"If Im the defensive coordinator....." blah, blah, blah.  And for me, that highlights a large part of this D's problem.  It has NO LEADER.  Who is our Dcoordinator again?  Exactly.  We havent got one.  BB needs to trust someone enough to make him the leader of this D.  And that person needs to put his stamp on this unit.  For better or worse.  But this lack of leadership within our Dunit begins and ends with the coordinator, and for god's sake, it doesnt even have one.  Bill certainly isnt getting that job done. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

So, Harrison said this - "If Im the defensive coordinator....." blah, blah, blah.  And for me, that highlights a large part of this D's problem.  It has NO LEADER.  Who is our Dcoordinator again?  Exactly.  We havent got one.  BB needs to trust someone enough to make him the leader of this D.  And that person needs to put his stamp on this unit.  For better or worse.  But this lack of leadership within our Dunit begins and ends with the coordinator, and for god's sake, it doesnt even have one.  Bill certainly isnt getting that job done. 
    Posted by TuckItOnce

i have to admit, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. I also think the players have to be allowed or able to talk to the coordinator about what they're seeing on the field during games. Its valuable input for making in-game and halftime adjustments which is something the Pats simply dont do well anymore. Im not in the locker room so I cant say if it happens or not, but I dont get the impression that BB is approachable during the game from what I see on the sidelines. Im not badmouthing Bill or taking away from his accomplishments, but the Pats have won a lot more playoff games when he had coordinators that he trusted and challenged him from time to time. Ill bet noone in the Pats organization has called BB a stubborn S.O.B. since Weiss or Crennel left town. I hope they figure out something soon because the one and done playoff runs are sooooooo heartbreaking the last couple seasons. Go Pats!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by kansaspatriot

No I'd much rather them resort to name calling or the very real threat of being removed from our Christmas card mailing list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

When does the GM face the same punishment as Malloy, Seymour, Bodden, etc.....those sent on their way due to underperformance or making to much money for what they offered on the field?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Rodney Harrison talking again : Are you absolutely nuts? Merriweather wasnt released for playing hard. You don't get to 14-2 last year and 5-2 year to date by playing soft. Merriweather was cut because he could or wouldnt play inside the schemes. He would make mistake after mistake. Sometimes people say the stupidest things here.
    Posted by portfolio1

I was referring to the $35,000 fine and ALSO referring that Harrison couldn't play within the rules today. I love nasty smashmouth football, but it's changing. Suh had to ask for a meeting to try and figure out what he can do and what he can't. Maybe the players are afraid to play hard, penalities and fines and the Patriots get away with nothing!  Btw I loved Meriweather, so kiss my a s s.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nobody respects this defense except a handfull of kool-aide swillers around here. It is teeming with failed high round draft picks. It's an embarassment.

BB created this steaming pile of a barnyard frisbee and he alone. I'm surprised he doesn't wear a bag over his head when he answers questions about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Rodney is correct but he is one to talk. On the biggest stage, the great defense that Harrison was on gave up 324 yards to the Eagles and 481 yards to the Panthers in the Super Bowls and just barely beat the opponents by 3 points each in the non-dynasty Patriots era.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts