RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH

rodney seems to be throwing everyone under the bus lately. i've noticed that guys like brady are doing personal interviews with everyone incl even willie mcginest with the largely rrelevant nfl network (access and ratings-wise) yet everyone seems to avoid harrison like a plague. harrison said it was a cover 4 in man to man coverage. samuel per usual blew the coverage by freelancing somehow (according to the harrison implication) and when rodney saw him running wild and free fully uncovered he moved in on him at the last sec. basically, had samuel done his job, the catch doesnt happen and we win the SB... that's rodney's story and i'm not buying it. karma got to us.. period! eli would have found a way no matter what. RH should be more professional and let that be. i'm sure others could bring up dirt about him as well. he seems to be channeling his inner charger, not the pat way anymore!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

Re: RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH

and what has ASANTE SAMUEL done since leaving the Patriots?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I thought he had an excellent season with Philly last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Had Asante held that pick that Eli threw right at him, we win the SB. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I just listened to Rodney on EEI this morning and they talked about that.

He said he dissapointed everyone from his san diedo fans to n.e. fans to his family and was haunted for months and kept thinking what he could have done.

He never mentioned Asante and took full blame for the catch, even though, IMO, there was nothing more he could have done.

He said he BLEW IT.  He let everyone down. He was a man and took full responsibility.

Stop making stuff up to stir the pot.

Rodney deserves better than that.

I still love him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

can we throw CC under the bus

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Let's just throw the Gints under the bus on Sunday night!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i throw Asante under the bus for missing the GD INT

btw BB is usally right when he lets people go

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH : Of course you did. Meanwhile, he makes 12 million per, won't tackle, fans boo him because he gets torched than Paris Hilton's panties, and Philly has tried to trade him for TWO YEARS. This is another example of you babbling about how BB ruined your entitlement as a Patriots fan, pink hat.  Forget it. The guy had one good year in Philly (2008) and has gone through the motions for the last 3. Leave the serious discussion to the big boys.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

He's not nearly as bad as your painting. He's still very good, he's just not worth anything near the contract they gave him, and yes, if they could simply get someone else to just pay the contract, he'd have been gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He has pointed this out before.  And it is true.  AND Asante hasn't said otherwise, to the best of my knowlege.  I'm not happy with Rodney's analysis, but he always owns up to his mistakes.  He is tired of this being hung on him.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, by the way, OP, you are an idiot.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

^^^^

...and lets not forget the Maryweather's drop a few plays before the A$ante whiff.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

I'll take Rodney over Samuel any day.  If I remember correctly the ball bounced right off his hands.  I think he got paid 6 Million Dollars that year.  For 6 Million Dollars and seeking a multi year contract for more, he is supposed to make that interception.

So Philly showed Samuel the money.  And since then they have spent millions and millions of dollars on free agents to go 8 and 8 last year.  

On the bright side, I know a few people who are life long Philly Fans and they are all rooting for the Patriots.  The people that I know might not like the Patriots that much but they like the Giants less.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Now, IF Asanti holds onto the INT that hit him in the hands.....

and IF Rodney goes for the ball and NOT the WR.....

And IF the refs blow the whistle on the obvious "In the grasp" before he throws the pass to the helmet earhole......

Just sayin'.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Asante is Buckner. The game winning ball went right through his hands. Rodney should have punched him in the mouth after the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH:
    [QUOTE]I just listened to Rodney on EEI this morning and they talked about that. He said he dissapointed everyone from his san diedo fans to n.e. fans to his family and was haunted for months and kept thinking what he could have done. He never mentioned Asante and took full blame for the catch, even though, IMO, there was nothing more he could have done. He said he BLEW IT.  He let everyone down. He was a man and took full responsibility. Stop making stuff up to stir the pot. Rodney deserves better than that. I still love him
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I heard this too

took it like a man and never mentioned Asante

Agree that communist is a turd who comes here to bother people, stir the pot and hear his own voice, throw him under the bus please

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Aslo, anyone that doesnt think the Giants were destined to win that game is lying to themselves.

Just have to accept it.

There were about 5 to 6 plays that could have ended that game. All routine plays.

he was in the dirt. he was sacked,etc.

The players were gassed and noone mentions how B.B. had them in full pads in foxboro and in Arizona and how they had a shytty hotel w/crappy food and got no sleep the night before. Of couse Rodney would have none of it and said thats no excuse.

I put the Game on Dean Peas if anyone..

Although the Giants were moving the ball, it wasnt easy. I rewatched the game, unlike some others.  Eli was getting major pressure on every play and we were only bringing 5 players on the rush.  They were playing Ellis back and letting Meriweather play the underneath coverage. WHY STOP? It almost got Meri a pick.

After the 1st down to S.Smith, they switched it up and blitzed the house. Noone even got clsoe to Manning as he lofted up the floater.

If Hobbs was playing back and Meri was underneath that play cant happen.

This game was lost by DEAN PEES' bad play call from the ten, IMO

Players make plays, some times they dont, but its the coaches job to PUT THEM IN POSITION to make plays.

I heard that idiot Gary Tanguay saying he HATES Ellis Hobbs for that game!  Really??

The guy had a bad groin and shoulder that required surgery immediately after the game and should never have been in that position. How about putting MR.Asante on the best player if its one on one. Well because Sante only plays one side.

It was setup for Bradys legacy to come back and avenge his only SB loss. We will enjoy this Sunday as sweet redemtion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

This is like picking at old wounds. Very painful to keep reliving

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]This is like picking at old wounds. Very painful to keep reliving
    Posted by PuPirate[/QUOTE]
    Yes, imagine what it is like for the players. I guess they all express it differently.

For the players still on the team only way to get this nightmare out of their head is to win this one. I think they know it.

Of course for Rodney an Samuels, they have to live with it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlDavisII. Show AlDavisII's posts

I used to have all the respect for Rodney in the world.  Not any more.  That crack he made about picking Eli over Brady did it for me.  Now he's throwing Asante under the bus for the Tyree catch. He's a dope, don't listen to him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

In Response to RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH:
    [QUOTE]rodney seems to be throwing everyone under the bus lately. i've noticed that guys like brady are doing personal interviews with everyone incl even willie mcginest with the largely rrelevant nfl network (access and ratings-wise) yet everyone seems to avoid harrison like a plague. harrison said it was a cover 4 in man to man coverage. samuel per usual blew the coverage by freelancing somehow (according to the harrison implication) and when rodney saw him running wild and free fully uncovered he moved in on him at the last sec. basically, had samuel done his job, the catch doesnt happen and we win the SB... that's rodney's story and i'm not buying it. karma got to us.. period! eli would have found a way no matter what. RH should be more professional and let that be. i'm sure others could bring up dirt about him as well. he seems to be channeling his inner charger, not the pat way anymore!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I actually believe Harrison on this one. Samuel almost always freelanced in the Pats defenses. and that is why the Hoody let him go after that year. How many times have you heard the Hoody praise Harrision for his play? Now compare that to what Bill says about Samuel. There is a huge difference. Now having said that... Rodney was right there when the play that shall not be mentioned happened. So you have to blame both Harrison and Samuel for that one. But go back and look at the film. It was a cover 4. Harrison isn't lying about the coverage. They BOTH blew the play.

25. This post has been removed.