RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH

I do not get why people blame Harrison for that play.  Watch it in real time and explain how that wasn't ridiculously tight coverage.  Look at the timing on the jump.  There is a reason Tyree had to catch the ball on his helmet.  It wouldn't have been a catch any other way.  The people who are saying Rodney should have layed him out need to consider that he had a split second to make a decision and that had he tried to lay him out Tyree wouldn't have had to catch the ball on his helmet so it is not a given he would have dropped it.  You can't have it both ways and argue that Tyree's "helmet grip" wouldn't have stood up to a big hit when the reason he had to catch it like that was precisely because of the fact that Rodney went for the ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I finally decided to watch the last Giants drive the other night after the NFL network has replayed it for the millionth time, first time I watched that drive since 08.  I forgot how many times the Pats could have ended that game.  There is no other way to describe it other then it was just meant for the Giants to win that day.

Now, I get that same feeling with the Patriots.  The way Brown knocks the ball out at the last second, the strange miscues that happened leading up to the final Ravens fg kick, the kicker rushing to get on the field, the no time out by Harbaugh, the shanked easy kick.... It's the Patriots time this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: RODNEY HARRISON THROWS ASANTE SAMUEL WAY UNDER THE BUS FOR TYREE'S CATCH:
    [QUOTE]I just listened to Rodney on EEI this morning and they talked about that. He said he dissapointed everyone from his san diedo fans to n.e. fans to his family and was haunted for months and kept thinking what he could have done. He never mentioned Asante and took full blame for the catch, even though, IMO, there was nothing more he could have done. He said he BLEW IT.  He let everyone down. He was a man and took full responsibility. Stop making stuff up to stir the pot. Rodney deserves better than that. I still love him
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]stir the pot? me? heck yes! but outright lie and make stuff up/ NEVER! look at the dates genius. rodney is backtracking for his reps are telling him its unbecoming of his brand and status. i didnt hear him today. i'm at work. will check it out later on the archive per usual. i was referring to something from 2 days ago. also mr. kraft was on mike francesca's show and he reiterated that rodney was going way out of his way for it wasnt his original responsibility. so yep we get it, best if others do the talking for ya. kind of like a mitt romney superpac bad-mouthing everyone as he does the wink wink for of course he's not COORDINATING.. right... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Sorry C.C.

I did not hear what he said a couple days ago. I guess I just feel that we make too much about what ex players say and use it against them.

NO matter what Rodney sais, i will love him because he was a big part of our last 2 Sb's and played the game the way it should be played. Always gave his all.

So then they get a job in the media and we start to rip them for their opinions.

They still love the pats organization but they have to report on what they see.

Maybe he doesnt like Sante all that much, but he did tell Hobbs after the game to hold his head high and that is wasnt his fault. So...if he was honest about Sante, so be it. I see no problem as he also faulted himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Rodney is right. Tyree wasn't really his responsibility. As I understood it, when Eli was almost sacked, Asante kind of gave up on the play thinking Eli would go down.

When Eli escaped the pass rush, Tyree was left wide open because Asante wasn't in position. Rodney saw this and he rushed over to break up the pass, but it left him in a bad position behind the receiver, which allowed Tyree to jump up and grab it. Rodney tried to break up the pass by knocking away Tyree's arms. He got the left arm but Tyree pinned the ball to his helmet with his right, which somehow secured the ball.

It was really a miraculous play. The whole thing played out terribly for the Patriots, but I find it hard to fault Rodney on that play. Whether or not he should've called out Asante is debatable, but I can't fault him for doing so either. You can try to be noble all you want, but when you're the guy being blamed for costing your team a perfect season, you might not be so kind to cover up for your teammate's mistake either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

It  was a lucky play by tyree folks. I think everyone did their job on that play. Very miraculous play from Eli escaping the grab for a sack to the catch. Just inexplicable. Now let sleeping dogs lie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Didn't Tony Dungy break down the play on the Sunday Night Football pre-game show a few years ago and tell everyone (with Rodney standing right by his side) that it was Asante Samuel who screwed up on that play and not Rodney.  If I remember right, Rodney just smiled a bit and didn't say anything, but it was clear he appreciated Dungy setting the world straight.  

I think that may have been the start of Rodney and Dungy actually beginning to like each other. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

Someone once posted a link showing the Giant linemen pulling the Pats from Eli. Talk about in the grasp. No call. Never seen anything like that. But the Giants won the game in the trenches, so they probably deserved it. For that reason, the loss didn't bother me that much. You've got to win the Superbowl. Make some plays. Asante.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You know what ASSante and Oral Roberts have in common?

They both can make 60,000 people jump to their feet all at once and holler "Jesus Christ"!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

what is the point? they both failed. it was your years ago. Harrison needs to root for this team to win against the Giants.

Sections
Shortcuts