Rodney Harrison's Perspective On Current Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Rodney Harrison's Perspective On Current Patriots

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130917-jim-donaldson-pats-dont-have-that-dominant-look.ece

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Re: Rodney Harrison's Perspective On Current Patriots

In response to anonymis' comment:

Loved the line about the Tony award winning actor! Thanks for the link and the chuckle!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Rodney Harrison speaks truth. And yep, I think TB is frustrated and upset that WW is gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I dont see the problem. He said the Pats are no longer the dominant force in the afc east because teams are better. Miami is 2-0 as we are. End of season we may be dominant again. Not being here anymore and based on our current state, I would say he is correct. Miami IS gonna give us problems as they do EVERY year , its just that now we are reeling so we are "ripe for the picking" so to speak( was that Vanderjerk) anyhow. Non story. Of course I bet Rusty is steaming off about Rodney being a hater or being jealous. Well he got 2 rings, I dont why he would want to bash us just because. He gave an honest assesment. Didnt really say much

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to darwk's comment:

Rodney Harrison speaks truth. And yep, I think TB is frustrated and upset that WW is gone.

Well, Welker just went to a far weaker club in terms of depth. LT, Ryan Clady done for the year.

Allowed 1 sack in 1115 plays last year and Denver just ran out and signed Winston Justice to protect Gomie's blinside.

Sure sounds like Welkie just went to a team that isn't as well run as ours is.

Rodney does not speak the truth. He speaks from a perch to drive ratings.  Every Sept it's the same garbage from the media. Every single Sept.

Did our team have that look in Seattle or Baltimore last year?  lmao

There you go again bashing ex players who helped us win championships. You sure you are a pats fan dude? Rodney was a beast here. BB said he was Glad to have him. You dont support BB now?? Fraud. You are such a slimeball, rooting for other teams injury. YOu Slam ex players for telling the truth. (that the Pats are not the Best team every year) and you get all defensive like you run the dang team. Rodney doesnt work for the Pats anymore. You said he needs to let it go??? Let what Go?? His 2 championship rings?? He is not bitter because he isnt s*cking off the Pats slowguy.

Now you are saying Denver is a poorly run team because their tackle got hurt and they had to OMG - Sign someone oFF the Street?? I mean cuz its not Like BB hasnt been doing the same at the D tackle position for the last month. BB Has Known about Armstead since July and is still bringing in guys off the street to try and replace him....LMAO @ YOU! That was for Babe

BTW, mr Article diver, I wonder why you have never posted the article about the Pats teams doctors being in trouble with the Fanene deal. Saying they were compromising his health for the team, maybe telling him he was ready to go when he wasnt. Havent heard that before have we....lol

We'll see how that goes.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Peyton is throwing to WW over 50%

WW will wear out there as he did here- not his fault -

And now with Clady gone

shorter time= shorter routes = even more WW

Less protection = a better chance of PM injury
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Peyton is 37 and still recovering from the neck surgeries.  Sure, he's at a better stage now than he was a year ago but even he has said he's not fully recovered.  If he takes even one too many hits from the blind side, it really increases his risk of injury.  Losing Clady hurts them.  I doubt Peyton will get injured but his chances definitely increased with Clady's injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

We do know that 99.5% of what was written in that article is Jim Donaldson's opinion, right?  I mean Harrison is only quoted for one sentence. 

Honestly, at this stage of the season, I would agree that it does look like the gap has closed amongst the teams in the AFC East.  How is that news, considering the issues that the Patriots are dealing with right now on offense?  What people don't seem to spend a lot of time talking about is the fact that this defense seems to be starting at a much higher level this year.  Considering that BB's defenses seem to have a knack for getting stronger as the season moves along, I think this bodes very well for the Patriots.

The question shouldn't be whether the gap is closed now, but will that gap still be closed, as we head into December?  With anticipated player additions on the horizon, increased experience for the rookies, and the annual overall team improvement...I'm thinking not.  In the meantime, as we look forward to games in December, and beyond, I don't think it's a bad thing that this team has to scratch and claw its way to victory.  Helps build character.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Harrison was awesome*.

*not including the PEDs, the extra dirty hits and the suspensions, of course.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

We do know that 99.5% of what was written in that article is Jim Donaldson's opinion, right?  I mean Harrison is only quoted for one sentence. 

Honestly, at this stage of the season, I would agree that it does look like the gap has closed amongst the teams in the AFC East.  How is that news, considering the issues that the Patriots are dealing with right now on offense?  What people don't seem to spend a lot of time talking about is the fact that this defense seems to be starting at a much higher level this year.  Considering that BB's defenses seem to have a knack for getting stronger as the season moves along, I think this bodes very well for the Patriots.

The question shouldn't be whether the gap is closed now, but will that gap still be closed, as we head into December?  With anticipated player additions on the horizon, increased experience for the rookies, and the annual overall team improvement...I'm thinking not.  In the meantime, as we look forward to games in December, and beyond, I don't think it's a bad thing that this team has to scratch and claw its way to victory.  Helps build character.

Here goes a sensible post. Thanks for your input. We should welcome the competitiont that will make us a better team for it down the line.....and Yes Rodney basically had One sentence in that article but leave it to beaver to jump all over Rodney because he....wait for it....He doesnt critisize Bradys poor postseasons!?!?!?   LMAO!  Wow...what a paranoid, deranged fool. Rodney didnt single out offense or defense. He just said the team doesnt look dominant. 5 point margin combined in the 2 victories vs Bills and Jets sais that is a true statement but who cares in September?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

and the  Point is exactly?

Did they look like SB champs when they went 0-2 and when blown out by Buffalo?

Who doesn't  see  that the Pats haven't looked dominant, so what?

As a few former Pats have said the First  few games are like extended gyrating camp

Isnt the test of a coach how he improves the team durinng the season?

Hasnt BB always done this?

The real question is- do the Pats have the potential -I don't see any talking head saying that

And I certainly don't. btw -When was the last time a preseason favorite won the SB?

The journey has just started 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

Loved the line about the Tony award winning actor! Thanks for the link and the chuckle!

"He is like a Tony Award-winning actor performing in a community theater with people who continually flub their lines."

for those who don't want to read the entire article

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I love early September predictions especially for a team that always comes on in November and December.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Rodney is Rodney and I'm fine with that.  Not entirely sure if there's anything in there that shocks or even mildly surprises me.  And to be clear, the Pats sure as he11 didn't look like SB champs vs the Bills or the Jets.  It's September for *^*(%^$) sake.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rodney is stating the obvious (to all but the most blind homers).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Harrison was awesome*.

*not including the PEDs, the extra dirty hits and the suspensions, of course.

Only member of the 30 sack 30 INT club. Read it and weep, jets fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Rodney is stating the obvious (to all but the most blind homers).

Definition of a "Fan" someone who admires and supports a person, sport, or sport team. 

You don't make the cut buddy.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I love Donaldson's work. I think he is the best regional football columnist working now. Surprisingly, there is so much turnover in NFL coverage in NE. I digress.

Rodney is right in a limited sense. I guess if you look at what is on the field right now, NE isn't dominant (certainly not in the way they and fans have grown accustomed too).

Their defense was dominant against the Jets. But the whole product, due to injuries and roster turnover isn't dominant right now. 

If you had to rate them against the division, right now, they aren't dominant. 

But a blanket assumption that they won't be dominant going down the road is the equivalent of reading tea-leaves. 

Dobson, et al, will improve, Gronk will come back, as will DA (hopefully sooner as opposed to later), NE will get a better contribution from the running game once it's not the feature and is back to being a complementary peice.

Now, calling NE out at this moment is kind of like kicking a guy when he is down. 

NE will get better. 

AND, if the defense is still healthy and playing this way (better than they have in years) it might end up being a more complete NFL team (offense/defense/special teams) than they've fielded since 2004. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't see anything controversial there.  It was a long article and Rodney is only quoted for saying one line, the Patriots aren't looking dominant right now.  Duh.  That's kinda obvious.  Give Rodney a break.  He wasn't slamming the Pats or saying anything that anyone with a gram of objectivity would disagree with.  In the here and now, he was correct.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GboroYankee. Show GboroYankee's posts

The man built his name on the Patriot Way!

This is treason I tell ya, Treason!!!!

Why I aughta.....

Come on man, can't a bother make a coment? The man is on TV, cut him some slack...

Sections
Shortcuts