Rodney Harrison's Perspective On Current Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Rodney Harrison's Perspective On Current Patriots

In response to zbellino's comment:

I love Donaldson's work. I think he is the best regional football columnist working now. Surprisingly, there is so much turnover in NFL coverage in NE. I digress.

Rodney is right in a limited sense. I guess if you look at what is on the field right now, NE isn't dominant (certainly not in the way they and fans have grown accustomed too).

Their defense was dominant against the Jets. But the whole product, due to injuries and roster turnover isn't dominant right now. 

If you had to rate them against the division, right now, they aren't dominant. 

But a blanket assumption that they won't be dominant going down the road is the equivalent of reading tea-leaves. 

Dobson, et al, will improve, Gronk will come back, as will DA (hopefully sooner as opposed to later), NE will get a better contribution from the running game once it's not the feature and is back to being a complementary peice.

Now, calling NE out at this moment is kind of like kicking a guy when he is down. 

NE will get better. 

AND, if the defense is still healthy and playing this way (better than they have in years) it might end up being a more complete NFL team (offense/defense/special teams) than they've fielded since 2004. 

This is true. Defense is holding up so far - and has kept us in the two games.  Offense has some work to do. Whether it's due to rookies, OL, Brady being off, and/or a good job done by opposing defense - the offense has work to do.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I respect the he11 out of Rodney, but can anyone say with any certainty what this (or any) team will be like in week 8-10?  If he's calling it like he sees it with no allegiances to the Pats then good for him, he's an analyst.  A cliched thought comes to mind inre: saying the Pats at this point are mediocre -- you are what your record says you are.  I'll worry about their playoff chances at some other point in the season.   

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Only 19 words in that article came from Rodney.  Lets no attribute the rest of the opinions in the article to him.  The only thing that Rodney said that BB wouldn't is that the Pats have dominated in the past.  BB would just say we are looking foward to Sunday.  Tampa has good O, good D, good special teams, good coaching, good parking, reasonable restaurants.  We don't look backwards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Yes, the Bucs are playing in Foxboro so Tampa parking and eats don't really factor in.     I'm just say in' 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to carawaydj's comment:

I don't see anything controversial there.  It was a long article and Rodney is only quoted for saying one line, the Patriots aren't looking dominant right now.  Duh.  That's kinda obvious.  Give Rodney a break.  He wasn't slamming the Pats or saying anything that anyone with a gram of objectivity would disagree with.  In the here and now, he was correct.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

Which makes it suspicious.  One line from Rodney? How much did Donaldson censor out to frame his piece in such a way?

For all we know Rodney went on to say "it's early, the D looks very good out of the gate, they have experience and continuity and will eventually develop that "look" as the year goes."

What did DOnaldson do?  Ask him a question and Rodney blurted out barely a sentence and then he hung up the phone to write his sensationlist, lazy article?

Come on, dude. 

The D has that look to it in Sept for the first time in a while.  Absolutely.

Sooo WHY are You bashing Rodney when clearly here you are saying it was the writers intention to bash BB??  Can you stay on point or is this you backpedaling again after seeing it was a non story?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to bungaholebill's comment:

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to Section136's comment:

Loved the line about the Tony award winning actor! Thanks for the link and the chuckle!

"He is like a Tony Award-winning actor performing in a community theater with people who continually flub their lines."

for those who don't want to read the entire article

Quoting yourself now phat rex...as if sec136 isn't you, silly little man...

Actually - two different guys....you silly littl troll!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

if at all possible get a .45 Colt and do the proper thing

Wow.  That's probably a line that shouldn't be crossed.  Just gonna put that out there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Who could you be referring to? Again, 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Wow.  That's probably a line that shouldn't be crossed.  Just gonna put that out there.

There is a lot of line crossing in here daily but in this case I agree esp. with us not knowing Rustys true mental state. Gotta take that stuff serious. He may be special, but he is OUR special guy and we wouldnt want him to do anything crazy. Something tells me though that Rusty hasnt quite fullfilled his bucket list yet. He hasnt taken any other advice on here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

There is a lot of line crossing in here daily but in this case I agree esp. with us not knowing Rustys true mental state. Gotta take that stuff serious. He may be special, but he is OUR special guy and we wouldnt want him to do anything crazy. Something tells me though that Rusty hasnt quite fullfilled his bucket list yet. He hasnt taken any other advice on here.

the way i see it the pats are lucky to be 2-0 , they just barely beat 2 sh*tbum teams, rodney isn't far off the mark.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Harrison was awesome*.

*not including the PEDs, the extra dirty hits and the suspensions, of course.

Only member of the 30 sack 30 INT club. Read it and weep, jets fan.

Ray Lewis?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Rodney is stating the obvious (to all but the most blind homers).

Definition of a "Fan" someone who admires and supportsa person, sport, or sport team. 

You don't make the cut buddy.

"A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something, such as a band, a sports team or entertainer."

I would say nearly 15,000 posts on a Pats board is pretty enthusiastic. Just because I'm honest and not a homer is no reason to question my worth as a fan. I applaud the good, and boo the bad.

I've been making the cut for nearly half a century buddy. I was doing this when people used to mock you for being a Pats/AFL fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I respect the he11 out of Rodney, but can anyone say with any certainty what this (or any) team will be like in week 8-10?  If he's calling it like he sees it with no allegiances to the Pats then good for him, he's an analyst.  A cliched thought comes to mind inre: saying the Pats at this point are mediocre -- you are what your record says you are.  I'll worry about their playoff chances at some other point in the season.   

no. It's a little early, altho if the rookies don't improve it will be a long season. Our D may be good enough to keep us in some close games.

Sections
Shortcuts