Rodney the Rental

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Rodney the Rental

I love it! Rodney Harrison calls out the failures of the last decade.  Although Queenie says the goal is just to compete every year, it seems that Rodney says it's not enough.  Strange.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/02/rodney-harrison-challenges-patriots-to-win-another-super-bowl/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: Rodney the Rental

My favorite line is "everybody has to be held accountable".

That means YOU, Tom Brady. Rodney told Brady to adjust his skirt back in '09, ironically a game I attended. Ironically, Rodney and Law, Milloy, etc, even Bruschi couldn't cover in today's game the way the rules are.  they'd be penalized for PI on every passing play, so it's easy for him to sit there and say that, especially when the half the D was injured after Week 6 last year.  The D was outstanding, top in the AFC for the first 6 weeks with paper tigers like KC and Indy. So, Rodney needs to check his facts there.

Love it when Rodney calls out the Pats. He has passion. He's also right about the best sports organization on the planet. Said it for year. Heck, it's one of the best companies on the planet.

Thanks to Kraft and BB for everything.  Thanks again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That means YOU, Tom Brady. Rodney told Brady to adjust his skirt back in '09, ironically a game I attended. Ironically, Rodney and Law, Milloy, etc, even Bruschi couldn't cover in today's game the way the rules are.  they'd be penalized for PI on every passing play, so it's easy for him to sit there and say that, especially when the half the D was injured after Week 6 last year.  The D was outstanding, top in the AFC for the first 6 weeks with paper tigers like KC and Indy. So, Rodney needs to check his facts there.

Love it when Rodney calls out the Pats. He has passion. He's also right about the best sports organization on the planet. Said it for year. Heck, it's one of the best companies on the planet.

[/QUOTE]

My favorite part is that, contrary to your statement, winning the East and making the playoffs isn't enough.  Only a loser would think otherwise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's not just calling out the patsies, he's calling out losers like you who make excuses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:

[QUOTE]

My favorite part is that, contrary to your statement, winning the East and making the playoffs isn't enough.  Only a loser would think otherwise.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's enough.  Kinda funny how a Jets fan, a fan of a team with only 2 division titles since the 1970 NFL merger, is attempting to lecture a Pats fan on what expectations should be for their team and how to look at it.

LMAO

Absolutely cannot be made up.

The fact is, our fanbase is spoiled by a dynasty and an undefeated season that ended miserably with Rodney Harrison on it.

With the flat cap in place for years, until this past offseason, internal player development off the lockout would be the bedrock to build a SB winner.

This team should have had a SB ring in 2011 but two of the team's best players (Brady and Welker) choked badly on their last established drive.

Two things Rodney forgets:

1. In 2007, Brady threw 3 INTs, one in the end zone at home vs SD.  Thank god Samuel picked a one legged Rivers and LT was on the bench, huh Rodney?  SB 42 wouldn't have even happened.  People seem to forget Brady's poor play in title games started then and there, with some roots of it in 2005.

2. Rodney's effort on Tyree to dislodge the ball was not very good.  To this day, no one can figure out how he couldn't simply knock that ball loose or at least make Tyree juggle it so it could be an incomplete pass.

3, Brady did not play that well in SB 42, unable to adjust or be ready to move in the pocket. He was so spoiled having 10 seconds to throw on almost every snap, he apparently felt he was owed that in a SB where the team could go down in history as the best ever, acting entitled.  That bothers me to this day.

If anyone made a career off of not being entitled, it was Brady, but the cocky behavior before the SB like it was a done deal, still should bother all diehards.

As great of a player as Rodney was, it's beyond painful to see he and Bruschi act all arrogant and superior trying to protect their legacies and big egos.

I've mentioned this before here and it's absolutely true.  They love the spotlight and use their platforms to showcase their own careers comparing them to 1st or 2nd year players who played their positions, which is clearly irrational.  They became winners 6 or 7 seasons into their careers, not in a rookie year or 2nd year.

Those teams also had great luck with health overall by comparison, outside of the 2003 season where a deep team was needed.

Lastly, who was that D that got torched by Jake Delhomme in SB 38, ROdney?  I believe Bruschi was on that team, too.  I saw big play after big play made on them.  Hmm.

The 2011 D certainly was nowhere near that bad in SB 46 when Brady and Welkie,, two players who unfortunately acted like they were above everyone else, let the entire team down right there. Shame.

Put a microscope on Rodney Harrison in 1994 or Bruschi in 1996 as if they were starters and you won't see very good football from either. I'd say all of this to their faces too. 

I love what they did as players here and I have no issues with them giving pep talks or motivational speeches, but to be disrespectful and not acknowledging Goodell rule changes to hurt defenses, is pathetic.

You'll never see anything like this with the Jets, though. Bank on that, loser.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's enough.  Kinda funny how a Jets fan, a fan of a team with only 2 division titles since the 1970 NFL merger, is attempting to lecture a Pats fan on what expectations should be for their team and how to look at it.

LMAO

The fact is, our fanbase is spoiled by a dynasty and an undefeated season that ended miserably with Rodney Harrison on it.

With the flat cap in place for years, until this past offseason, internal player development off the lockout would be the bedrock to build a SB winner.

This team should have had a SB ring in 2011 but two of the team's best players (Brady and Welker) choked badly on their last established drive.

1. In 2007, Brady threw 3 INTs, one in the end zone at home vs SD.  Thank god Samuel picked a one legged Rivers and LT was on the bench, huh Rodney?  SB 42 wouldn't have even happened.  People seem to forget Brady's poor play in title games started then and there, with some roots of it in 2005.

2. Rodney's effort on Tyree to dislodge the ball was not very good.  To this day, no one can figure out how he couldn't simply knock that ball loose or at least make Tyree juggle it so it could be an incomplete pass.

3, Brady did not play that well in SB 42, unable to adjust or be ready to move in the pocket. He was so spoiled having 10 seconds to throw on almost every snap, he apparently felt he was owed that in a SB where the team could go down in history as the best ever, acting entitled.  That bothers me to this day.

If anyone made a career off of not being entitled, it was Brady, but the cocky behavior before the SB like it was a done deal, still should bother all diehards.

As great of a player as Rodney was, it's beyond painful to see he and Bruschi act all arrogant and superior trying to protect their legacies and big egos.

I've mentioned this before here and it's absolutely true.  They love the spotlight and use their platforms to showcase their own careers comparing them to 1st or 2nd year players who played their positions, which is clearly irrational.  They became winners 6 or 7 seasons into their careers, not in a rookie year or 2nd year.

Those teams also had great luck with health overall by comparison, outside of the 2003 season where a deep team was needed.

Lastly, who was that D that got torced by Jake Delhomme in SB 38, ROdney?   The 2011 D certainly was nowhere near that bad in SB 46 when Brady and Welkie,, two players who unfortunately acted like they were above everyone else, let the entire team down right there. Shame.

Put a microscope on Rodney Harrison in 1994 or Bruschi in 1996 as if they were starters and you won't see very good football from either. I'd say all of this to their faces too. 

I love what they did as players here and I have no issues with them giving pep talks or motivational speeches, but to be disrespectful and not acknowledging Goodell rule changes to hurt defenses, is pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that being a fan of a particular franchise and the success of that franchise is somehow related to the understanding of football?  

So would that mean that for 86 years fans of the red sox had no clue about baseball?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Lastly, who was that D that got torched by Jake Delhomme in SB 38, ROdney?  I believe Bruschi was on that team, too.  I saw big play after big play made on them.  Hmm.

The 2011 D certainly was nowhere near that bad in SB 46 when Brady and Welkie,, two players who unfortunately acted like they were above everyone else, let the entire team down right there. Shame.

[/QUOTE]

The QueenBEan is coming unglued.  I love it.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^^LOL

Does not know how to use the quote function.

Priceless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Lastly, who was that D that got torced by Jake Delhomme in SB 38, ROdney?   The 2011 D certainly was nowhere near that bad in SB 46 when Brady and Welkie,, two players who unfortunately acted like they were above everyone else, let the entire team down right there. Shame.

[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that being a fan of a particular franchise and the success of that franchise is somehow related to the understanding of football?  

So would that mean that for 86 years fans of the red sox had no clue about baseball?

[/QUOTE]

No.  I am saying you have horrendous reading comprehension from centuries of inbreeding in your family.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

^^LOL

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

Boy do you look stupid.  Why not mention how I "don't know how to use" upper case letters.

We can always count on you to try to pick out grammar, spelling and "Quote functions" when you get bludgeoned over and over again.  What a loser!

By the way, nice job with the PFT links, speaking of your inability to use quoting functions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  I am saying you have horrendous reading comprehension from centuries of inbreeding in your family.

[/QUOTE]

Bludgeoned again. What a loser!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^^LOL

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

Boy do you look stupid.  Why not mention how I "don't know how to use" upper case letters.

We can always count on you to try to pick out grammar, spelling and "Quote functions" when you get bludgeoned over and over again.  What a loser!

By the way, nice job with the PFT links, speaking of your inability to use quoting functions.

[/QUOTE]

^^Unglued

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

^^LOL

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

What are you ^^ to Queenie?  You appear to be coming completely unglued.  How pathetic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

^^LOL

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^^Unglued

[/QUOTE]

"stop using my words"!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

That is one mine, obviously. I know your little Kruger likes to try to use it with effect, which is comical.

Quick!  Sign in as TheKruger to try to fool us, Busty!

Quick!

lmao

Absolutely unglued in fear of the Pats winning another SB.  I love it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Harrison is maybe my favorite Patriot and it's nice to hear him tell it like it is, because he's right, the defense hasn't been good enough. Maybe now it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Harrison is maybe my favorite Patriot and it's nice to hear him tell it like it is, because he's right, the defense hasn't been good enough. Maybe now it is.

He forgot to mention Brady even when he played and witnessed it. Then again, I've never seen Rodney or Bruschi fairly and accurately analyze Brady's play of late.  They don't even touch it on air, and I know why.  Rodney apparently forgot how poor Brady was in the title game and SB in 2007.

3 INTs by your QB ain't cutting it. Not much has changed other than he's not throwing 3 INTs per game on average.  Maybe 1-2 now replete with a lack of accuracy, consistency and strong decision making.

Like he said everyone needs to be held accountable, INCLUDING the golden boy who has escaped any criticism of any kind by the media and most fans.

Will Brady finally wake up or will he let everyone down again? Will Rodney point it out if Brady plays poorly in the title game again?

Sections
Shortcuts