Roethlisberger accused of sexual assualt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Re: Roethlisberger accused of sexual assualt

In Response to Roethlisberger accused of sexual assualt: NFL Radio says this is a 20 year old college student. It seems that targeting celebrity athletes for big pay days is a new career being taught well in this country. So well that we are all now so cynical about rape charges that it is trivializing an important issue. Some trailer park Georgia queen going to community college sees Big Ben at a bar, knows he's an idiot with history, so mosies over to his immediate area and solicits "assault". When all the dust clears and we have our answer, is this what we discover? Or do the Steelers punk out and pay her off in exchange for silence, so we discover nothing? "Big Ben" is a doooooooche, though.
    this is a cut and paste article from SI.com: Report: Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault 03:54 PM ET 03.05 | Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault by a young woman in Georgia, TMZ has learned. The alleged incident occurred early this morning at Capital City -- a club in Milledgeville, Georgia. According to law enforcement sources, the alleged victim -- who has already been interviewed by police -- was treated at a local hospital and released. In addition to the Milledgeville Police Dept, we've learned the Georgia Bureau of Investigations is also investigating. As we previously reported, Roethlisberger is being sued by a Reno woman, Andrea McNulty, who claims the QB sexually assaulted her in 2008. We're told Roethlisberger has already been interviewed by police. We're also told no formal charges have been filed at this point. A rep from the Steelers tells TMZ, "We are gathering information on this incident - until then we have no further comment."
    Posted by Notatroll

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I was listening on the radio as they were discussing the details of The Roethlisberger situation...he's scr#wed.  I mean his best hope really is to throw this girl out more money than at least she'll ever see in her lifetime...  

Mitchberg, or Fitchberg, or Milledge, or Filchmidge Alabama is problem for Big Ben #1 (might has well name it redneckhickville-no offense to people from redneckhickville, on this BDC board)...  A rich yankee messin' with one of their own and thinkin' he can buy his way outta this, can't be sitting well with these good ol' boys.  And let me tell you all, I met some good ol' boys in Florida for 9 fun days, and FLA is far more "northern" than 'bama...  I personally think the police chief's name is off key importance, "Woodrow Blue."  Cap'n Woody Blue has already sent his boys to scour the bathroom for evidence (ladies of bathroom of nightclub is where "alleged incident" occured). 
         And reports say that they're sequestering a DNA sample from Big Ben (or attempting to, or whatever).  Point is, for the DNA sample to be at all relevant, yes...you'd need something to match it to.  So, that don't bode too well for Ben.      
         Also, Just by the girl's actions alone: Looking for a police officer hysterical right outside the club, going straight to the hospital, doing the legal thing first rather than the attorney (cha-ching) thing at all/or somewhat later, and now she's dropped out of college to go back to her parent's house to recover and deal...  Yea, All of that looks good in Ben's corner.  Bet he wishes he was in Tiger Wood's shoes... 

Big Ben might has well of slapped the DA's 16 year old daughter around a bit on main street in mid-day, then ripped down the confederate flag hanging outside the courthouse and told her to quit being a whiney-ho' and to clean herself up with this worthless tattered-rag before making him some dinner...   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Laz, LOL how right you are BTW it's Georgia. Not much difference tho. Just the fact that they have DNA to compare doesn't sound to good for Big Ben.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Laz, LOL how right you are BTW it's Georgia. Not much difference tho. Just the fact that they have DNA to compare doesn't sound to good for Big Ben."

Georgia, Alabama...both are pretty much states you go through in order to get elsewhere.  I tried to do the same in Ct, but I couldn't find the 1 gas station in he state to keep goin'.  Seriously, stopped in to Savannah on my way to Fla a couple times and it's just a beautiful southern city.  Nice people too (which I conclude by the hotel clerk who gave us a $5 discount and the waitress at the restaraunt, who was very attentive with soft drink refills=ALL people in Georgia are nice folks).  Except the police...who everywhere on this planet are former HS bully dropouts and/or petty criminals.  Gamer, didn't you say you were in Carolinas or something?  Aunt used to live outside Raleigh, and visiting a couple times-that's just perfect seasons there-In late Nov-still warm enough for light long sleeves, leaves on trees like NE.  Hey, at least this state's sunny 2-day, with temperatures in the balmy mid 40's...  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

He may have been accused of sexual assault but there's one thing he's definately guilty of:

U.G.L.Y You ain't got no alibi you ugly eh! Hey! You ugly!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I believe the phrase from The Goonies that you're lookin' for is:
    "Sloth...ME Sloth, You Chunk!  Ruth, ruth, ruth, Bab-EE Ruth!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Not looking good for this guy.  There are witnesses that don't know the alleged victim that allegedly stated that Ben hit on them, and when rebuffed, he verbally assaulted them.  I was once the king of club scene rejections and I never put down a woman for rejecting me and I always felt un-nerved by guys that did verbally assault women that rejected their advances.  In my book, a guy that verbally abuses women that reject him is a guy that does not respect women, or worse, does not like women. 

In my experience, these guys have had some circumstance in their lives that motivates their unhealthful, destructive behaviors toward women, for examples:

1) They had abusive dads/step-dads and they blame their mothers for not protecting them from the abuse.

2) They had abusive mothers or sisters.

3) They witnessed their mothers be abused by their fathers/step-fathers, and instead of identifying with the mom sympathetically, they identify with the dad, who seems like a pillar of power.

4) They are self-loathing closeted homosexuals, immersed in uber-macho settings or cultures (men's sports, construction work, socially regressive countries, etc.), and they publicly pursue women to demonstrate false heterosexuality so as to conceal their true orientation.  All this leads to their resenting the women they pursue.  My previous girlfriend married one such guy, a Mexican who she later found out was about to be outed in his village by one of his lovers.  He aggressively courted and married her.  He confessed this to her.  But after two years he started to beat her and their toddler, and ultimately put a gun to her head and said he was going to kill all three of them.  She was lucky to get away. He made another baby with another woman/victim in the U.S.

I also just found out that an aggressive, bullying, unpopular former boss of mine (a regional sales manager) for a company I had left last spring was making secret advances to a resentful heterosexual male subordinate employee all while he - the manager - was openly sexually harrassing female employees working in his territory.  He also came from a sports background (wrestling). He was also a "straight-edger".  I am always suspicious of the motivations of people with extreme religious views and this discovery revealed a lot about this guy. The first day I worked for him he introduced his wife to me and summarily berated her in front of me. He has no morale compass, so he relies on a strict lifestyle to keep him in check. (If I recall, Ben also wears his religion on his sleeve.)

So when I consider these allegations against Ben, the bad press Ben has been getting for his behavior in Pittsburgh clubs and social venues, and now these witnesses' statements, I have a hard time giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. Like somebody else already wrote, lots of athletes enter the same social situations  that Ben has.  Few of them ever get accused.  At the same time, a majority of women in the U.S. are the victims of first degree sexual abuse.  The statistics, the accounts, the statements, the reports of his behavior - I would caution anybody else here against blaming the alleged victim, claiming she is just trying to "cash-in". 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger accused of sexual assualt:
    He's either a sexual assaulter or he's just plain stupid for putting himself in these positions! Maybe he's both! Even though I hear stories about what a jerk he can be, I try to give him the benefit of the doubt and take them for what their worth, but this constant juvenile behavior is getting old!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

The man has brain damage from the motorcycle accident.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm not sure if Big Ben is guilty or not but you don't get accused of the same thing twice in less than a year if there's not some truth to it. Maybe he's unlucky and both women are just looking for their 60 seconds of fame but you don't see Peyton, Drew Brees or Tommy Brady in those situations. That's not coincidence. They make better decisions off the field and guard themselves from these controversies.

I think the bigger issue here is his decision-making.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

This is getting more interesting. I just read a report that the bodyguards that accompanied Ben to his vacation house in Georgia and later to the bars that night were active duty PA State Troopers that he hired for the trip. Story has it that their official report is nothing criminal happened. If true, this goes a long way in explaining why the local police let Ben go without an extensive statement at the police station that night. The report also states that the alleged victim has hired an attorney to "advise" her. This is also somewhat odd, because in a criminal investigation, the DA advocates for the victim. Maybe this girl is now worried that the police may charge her with false statements?? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

This is getting more interesting. I just read a report that the bodyguards that accompanied Ben to his vacation house in Georgia and later to the bars that night were active duty PA State Troopers that he hired for the trip. Story has it that their official report is nothing criminal happened. If true, this goes a long way in explaining why the local police let Ben go without an extensive statement at the police station that night. The report also states that the alleged victim has hired an attorney to "advise" her. This is also somewhat odd, because in a criminal investigation, the DA advocates for the victim. Maybe this girl is now worried that the police may charge her with false statements?? 
    Posted by CarveMaster

Be mindful of what you read when it comes to material that disparages the victim or cast doubts on her/his character.  It is standard defense attorney MO to spread disinformation and misinformation about the character of the alleged victim in order to win the case in the public forum and possibly pressure the DA to drop the charges, or the victim to decide under the weight of the character assassination to refuse to testify.  I still suspect this is part of what really happened in the Duke case, but I don't think we will ever get the whole truth in that matter.

As for the body guards bearing witness for Ben, I would hardly consider them more reliable than the other multiple, disinterested witnesses to Ben's allegedly lewd and abusive behavior that night. Let's face it, if he is convicted, what will happened to their career's?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

So the active duty State Police officers  brought  girls into his "private area" No males allowed.  Were they in the ladies room where the "alleged" assault happened.?? Maybe they also need to be investigated.

The parents of this 20 year old are smart to know what is in store for their daughter. She has left college, her life is now hell as people like you start to question her. They did the right thing by hiring counsel for their daughter.

Now really would you let the DA in South bum-F**k Ga. represent your daughter!!!!

He is a sleez bag dirt dog disgrace to the Steelers and they know it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

This didn't come from Ben's attorney, it came from the Pennsylvania State Police stating that their officers were with Ben in Georgia as reported by KDKA in Pittsburgh. I don't know what happened, or who is telling the truth. But I do know that the PA State Police is one of the most powerful law enforcement agencies in the country, and IF this is true that Ben didn't do anything criminal, THEN this girl may be in a lot of trouble.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I guess you are a steeler fan hoping and praying this b****** gets off scott free.

Prowling around in a college bar trying to pick up 20 year olds-- thank god Tom Brady didn't need to do that!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Guys, guys, guys. Don't rush to condemn him. This rapist deserves his day in court

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

and I certainly hope that is where he ends up!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarveMaster. Show CarveMaster's posts

Hey NEGAME,

Nope not a Steelers fan at all. If he did it, I hope he gets what he deserves. On the other hand, I find this new info interesting. Perhaps this "victim" thought she could accuse him of this, having no idea his guards were state cops? Perhaps YOU would like to see him go down no matter what as it would be less competition for us next year? I'm just going to let this play out before I make a decision to his guilt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]Hey NEGAME, Nope not a Steelers fan at all. If he did it, I hope he gets what he deserves. On the other hand, I find this new info interesting. Perhaps this "victim" thought she could accuse him of this, having no idea his guards were state cops? Perhaps YOU would like to see him go down no matter what as it would be less competition for us next year? I'm just going to let this play out before I make a decision to his guilt.
    Posted by CarveMaster[/QUOT

You feel because they are Pa state troopers it changes things , These guys thought it was ok to bring under drinking age girls into a private area for Ben to decide which one he was going to hit on.  Why were they in Ga to begin with . This opens up a whole new area to be investigated. PA State police?? they are probably bigger sleez bags than Roethlisberger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[/QUOT You feel because they are Pa state troopers it changes things , These guys thought it was ok to bring under drinking age girls into a private area for Ben to decide which one he was going to hit on.  Why were they in Ga to begin with . This opens up a whole new area to be investigated. PA State police?? they are probably bigger sleez bags than Roethlisberger.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Things are not adding up....

First his reps say he was never even a suspect and wasn't even questionsed by police...... suprise suprise that turns out to be a big fat lie.

Then his reps say he is ABSOLUTELY innocent and he is cooperating fully. But today reports surface that he is refusing to turn over a DNA sample. Wouldn't someone who had nothing to hide gladly hand over all the DNA they wanted?

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Dennis Dixon when we play them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Geez, Listen to you two.  If old black & white movies from the 1950's have taught us ALL 1 important thing, It's that when ladies are saying, "No, NO, please...No" It ONLY means with just a little extra pushing (but sometimes, alot), those very same ladies will say, "Yes, YES!"  My father said that's how I was conceived in that '55 Buick in the parking lot of the enchantment under the sea dance in Hilldale before He himself was conceived when gramps hit grandma over the head with a club that wonderful night under beside the brontosaurus kill before the continent divide split them apart forever...     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Here's more info on Mr. I didn't have sex with that girl Roethlisberger.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/10/report-roethlisberger-admitted-to-having-sexual-contact-with-alleged-victim/

Didn't have intercourse, she slipped and fell!!

I mean really can't we all figure out what "big ben" did in the ladies room!!

Gee I wonder what the DNA sample was from?? any of you guys want to take a guess

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Didn't have intercourse, she slipped and fell!!
    I mean really can't we all figure out what "big ben" did in the ladies room!!"

Bathrooms at bars are always pretty slippery.  They're also dimly lit from the outside...  So poor Ben goes into the wrong bathroom by accident, accidentally hits this girl with the door (but he doesn't see it, because she's already on the ground), THEN as he's leaving he again-accidentally drops some DNA on her (or in her)...  Ya know, these things happen to everyone (sometimes twice)...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I am still trying to find out what "sexual contact" is. I mean, this sounds like he touched her, but it doesn't sound like there was any movement - just contact. Sounds like legalese for second base or the worst euphemism ever.

And why do they need to give a DNA sample. They've already stipulated there was "sexual contact". He already gave a sample. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I am still trying to find out what "sexual contact" is. I mean, this sounds like he touched her, but it doesn't sound like there was any movement - just contact. Sounds like legalese for second base or the worst euphemism ever. And why do they need to give a DNA sample. They've already stipulated there was "sexual contact". He already gave a sample. 
    Posted by EnochRoot

Ben claimed there was no sexual contact, then later claimed she fell and hit her head..."and oh yeah, I almost forgot, there was sexual contact."  Then he refuses to give DNA sample.  It's his right. 

But I have a brain: blond, average-looking woman claims to be raped in Reno + 2nd blond, average-looking woman claims to be raped in GA + Ben says, "no sexual contact" + Ben says, "no intercourse, but some sexual contact" + 2nd blonde "slipped and hurt her head" + 2nd blond immediately runs out of bathroom to seek police help after the alleged incident+ 2nd blond is hysterical at the hospital while treated with a rape kit + Ben states, "I will fully cooperate with police" + "Ben will not provide DNA to police or speak with police" + witnesses at bar claim Ben was aggressive and verbally abusive when rejected by women + witnesses claim Ben served alcohol to female minors + witnesses in Pittsburgh club scene attest to Ben's boorish public behavior = something fishy in Denmark.

Ever heard the movie term, "suspension of disbelief"? Well, I can't suspend my disbelief of the alleged victims' charges.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Ben seems like a complete jerk... remember theres no smoke without some type of fire.
    To many concussions can do this too you !! 

Sections
Shortcuts