Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league??

Last night, I was watching the Steeler/Bills game on NFL net.  The announcers were obviously employed by the Steelers.  They kept gushing about Ben and Charlie being the best QB tandem in the league.  OK, maybe, but I think it went too far when they claimed that Benny boy was THE BEST QB in the league....what say you Boston?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league??

congrads to the steelers to having two good qb, do they both play on the field at once, cause unless they do i think the point is moot, and to the point that he is the best qb in the league, well that is laughable, Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rivers are currently in my book better than him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I know what you mean - I heard that. What the hell was that announcer thinking? I'd add that Warner, McNabb, Romo, Flacco, Farve, and Ryan are probably also better than Ben. Maybe even Eli...

Plus, with all of the man's concussions, how many years do you think Big Ben's got left anyway??? 1...2...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Though Batch is a very good backup. That I do have to give to them...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league??:
    [QUOTE]congrads to the steelers to having two good qb, do they both play on the field at once, cause unless they do i think the point is moot, and to the point that he is the best qb in the league, well that is laughable, Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rivers are currently in my book better than him.
    Posted by thejoshuatree28[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a shocker.  Who would of thought that on a patriots board they wouldn't think that Ben is the best qb in the league?  And even more unbelievable is that some think brady is the best. Go figure. Who'd a thunk it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : Wow, what a shocker.  Who would of thought that on a patriots board they wouldn't think that Ben is the best qb in the league?  And even more unbelievable is that some think brady is the best. Go figure. Who'd a thunk it?
    Posted by steelerjim58[/QUOTE]

As opposed to "what a shock, Steelers announcers think Ben is the top QB in the league. Being a homer is not just a quality of only Patriot fans, I'm sure the Steelers have plenty of homers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : Wow, what a shocker.  Who would of thought that on a patriots board they wouldn't think that Ben is the best qb in the league?  And even more unbelievable is that some think brady is the best. Go figure. Who'd a thunk it?

"Hey Kettle, some guy Steelerjim (aka Pot) just called and he said you were black!"

Ben is a very good QB, but let's face it, he is not Peyton Manning, and he couldn't hold Tom's jock.  I think if you were to put Ben on an average team, he'd be out of the league by now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I meant no disrespect to Ben, i think he is a great player, and a very good QB, but he isnt the best in the league, and yes i do think brady is a the best, but so do a lot of other people, not just patriots homers. And this is a patriots board so really what did you expect. But to to be fair and show you I'm not just a fan boy, brady has his faults, such as his inability run, he is a pure dropback quaterback with really good pocket sense, where as big ben is like a FB running at you, so if i wanted a running qb i would take Big Ben

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : Wow, what a shocker.  Who would of thought that on a patriots board they wouldn't think that Ben is the best qb in the league?  And even more unbelievable is that some think brady is the best. Go figure. Who'd a thunk it? "Hey Kettle, some guy Steelerjim (aka Pot) just called and he said you were black!" Ben is a very good QB, but let's face it, he is not Peyton Manning, and he couldn't hold Tom's jock.  I think if you were to put Ben on an average team, he'd be out of the league by now.
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you soxfan on this one. Put Ben on the New Orleans Saints and see if he can carry them like Drew Brees does.  Even though the Steelers won last year, some people here in Pittsburgh (And some Announcers as well) forget that the Steelers offense was awful for a good part of the season. If it hadn't been for the defense, the Steelers probably never even would have made the playoffs. The Steelers have to have a good back-up, because the offensive line was terrible last year, and I was very disappointed that they didn't really address this issue in the draft, or by free-agent signings. I know some Steeler fans will hang me with their terrible towels for stating this, but I've been a Steeler Fan since the 60's, and I try to be objective. I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I agree with Steelcurtain75, the defense always keeps them in the hunt. I'd say the running game is an integral part of that success as well; when Parker, Mendenhall and even Moore are healthy the Steelers can win a field position/ ball control game against just about anyone with their D. Their D is the best in the NFL right now. Roetlisburger has to make some plays, but I don't put him in the same category as Peyton and Brady or even Brees. Having a dominant defense is huge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

[black!" Ben is a very good QB, but let's face it, he is not Peyton Manning, and he couldn't hold Tom's jock.  I think if you were to put Ben on an average team, he'd be out of the league by now.
    Posted by soxfan33928[/QUOTE]

But of course put brady on last years Lions team and they are playoff bound, correct?  You all are really priceless.  I won't say Ben is the best  in the league, because I don't believe in such designations for individual players in team sports.  But to act as if he isn't one of the best is ludicrous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

[ Steeler fans will hang me with their terrible towels for stating this, but I've been a Steeler Fan since the 60's, and I try to be objective. I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Consider yourself hung. But let me ask you this, put brady on last years Steeler team, would the offense have been better?  The Ravens would have broken him in two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

if you talk about a QB's ability to understand his team and what it takes to win,then it would be difficult to argue with Big Ben's success.If you want to talk stats,then sorry Ben,they just don't compare with the top QB's in the league.As for Batch,he's proven to be an excellent back up for Pitt. Seneca Wallace on Seattle also looks good in the back-up role.Wish we had either Batch or Wallace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

If you don't like what Patriots fans write, why do you come here?  Why don't you just stick to Steeler boards, where you can tell one another how great you are until the Patriots beat the Steelers in the playoffs again, as they do with tiresome regularity? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : [ Steeler fans will hang me with their terrible towels for stating this, but I've been a Steeler Fan since the 60's, and I try to be objective. I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion. Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE] Consider yourself hung. But let me ask you this, put brady on last years Steeler team, would the offense have been better?  The Ravens would have broken him in two.

I live in Mars Pa, and any time you want to discuss the Steelers, I'll be glad to. Just bring your towel along and we'll see who does the hanging! In my opinion, if you put Brady, Manning or Drew Brees on the Detroit Lions, I think they become a potential playoff team. Put Ben on the Lions and they may possibly win a game or two. And if you put Brady on the Steelers,(as you ask), he gets rid of the ball alot quicker then Ben and I think the Steelers would score 40 points a game. I love Ben as the Steelers QB, he is suited perfectly for the Steelers offense, but no way is he in Brady Or Mannings Class.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan33928. Show soxfan33928's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : Consider yourself hung. But let me ask you this, put brady on last years Steeler team, would the offense have been better?  The Ravens would have broken him in two. Posted by steelerjim58[/QUOTE] I live in Mars Pa, and any time you want to discuss the Steelers, I'll be glad to. Just bring your towel along and we'll see who does the hanging! In my opinion, if you put Brady, Manning or Drew Brees on the Detroit Lions, I think they become a potential playoff team. Put Ben on the Lions and they may possibly win a game or two. And if you put Brady on the Steelers,(as you ask), he gets rid of the ball alot quicker then Ben and I think the Steelers would score 40 points a game. I love Ben as the Steelers QB, he is suited perfectly for the Steelers offense, but no way is he in Brady Or Mannings Class.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

You have to love a guy who is honest.  Don't get me wrong, Ben is a decent QB, but he does make a ton of mistakes and often plays carelessly.  He's always been surrounded by great talent who've been able to make up for his sporadic play and in particular great running backs.  Fast Willy is 100x better than anything Brady has ever had, except for the first year we had Corey Dillon.  Brady didn't have a Hines Ward type receiver that year and the Pats still won the SB.  Brady does more with less than Ben does. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I see a lot of potential for Philly with McNabb and Vick, go ahead and send us Feely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

I'd say the Browns have a pretty good tandem of QBs, Derek Anderson had that pro bowl season just 2 years ago and Brady Quinn looks like he is developing into a nice young player. I'd have to say that's the best QB tandem in the league, it's kinda strange to have 2 potential starters on one team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Irkill... those two "potential starting QB's" on the Brownies might be able to total 3 wins between them...obviously the guy that can win 2 games this year ought to be the starter....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : [ Steeler fans will hang me with their terrible towels for stating this, but I've been a Steeler Fan since the 60's, and I try to be objective. I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion. Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE] Consider yourself hung. But let me ask you this, put brady on last years Steeler team, would the offense have been better?  The Ravens would have broken him in two.

Steelerjim, I'm not going to say that BigBen is in the bottom half of the league's QB's, but you can't really say he's top 5, maybe not even top 10...

I absolutely do think if you get a guy like Manning or Brady it changes your playoff potential incredibly - the Steelers were pretty good before Big Ben, and in all the years he's been there they have won because of a SMOTHERING defense and pounding run game. On the other hand, teams like the Colts and the Pats were downright near misearble when Manning or Brady took charge (especially the colts).

Being objective, the steelers have a QB who's job was to "Not Lose the Ball" for his first 3 years. They won the superbowl twice not because of him, but IN SPITE of him. Obviously not every team needs an elite QB to be a superbowl winner when the rest of the team is good enough. And as much as I hate to say it - the Steelers have a damn good all around team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

[QUOTE]Steelerjim, I'm not going to say that BigBen is in the bottom half of the league's QB's, but you can't really say he's top 5, maybe not even top 10... I absolutely do think if you get a guy like Manning or Brady it changes your playoff potential incredibly - the Steelers were pretty good before Big Ben, and in all the years he's been there they have won because of a SMOTHERING defense and pounding run game. On the other hand, teams like the Colts and the Pats were downright near misearble when Manning or Brady took charge (especially the colts). Being objective, the steelers have a QB who's job was to "Not Lose the Ball" for his first 3 years. They won the superbowl twice not because of him, but IN SPITE of him. Obviously not every team needs an elite QB to be a superbowl winner when the rest of the team is good enough. And as much as I hate to say it - the Steelers have a damn good all around team.
    Posted by timesedge[/QUOTE]
    Very good post, and what he said about the superbowls is very true, in his first superbowl he was 9 for 21 in that game with two int. that doesnt scream awsome. Last year he was much much better, he lead them on the game winning drive, but if it wasnt for the defense returning that int. the steelers would probably not be the champions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobgr8. Show bobgr8's posts

Roethlisbergers not the sharpest knife in the draw . Example#1 Head buts a Chrysler could of died. Example#2 puts himself in a questionable position in Reno with some hotel worker now he has a lawsuit hanging over him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The preseason games on the NFL network are local feeds. Of course the announcers are homers, just like Gil Santos (if he's still doing it) is a homer. I'm not sure exactly when Charlie Batch became the second coming of Don Strock, but I still say any team with Brady or Manning (Peyton) on it has a better combo, no matter who the backup is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Best combo must be the eagles.  Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rivers are the top 4 quarterbacks.  Put them in what ever order you feel is right.  The next batch has Big ben, Eli, Warner, Favre, Rogers, Cutler, and 1 or 2 others.  Put them in what ever order you like.  Different teams have different strengths and requirements for their q-backs.  Those top 4 would make any team better.  The next batch would really depend on the team and surrounding cast/philosophy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : Very good post, and what he said about the superbowls is very true, in his first superbowl he was 9 for 21 in that game with two int. that doesnt scream awsome. Last year he was much much better, he lead them on the game winning drive, but if it wasnt for the defense returning that int. the steelers would probably not be the champions.
    Posted by thejoshuatree28[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken brady threw for something like 143 yds in his first super bowl. That doesn't scream awesome.  And how many big plays  has the patriots d made in the super bowl wins?  And how many game winning td drives does marcia have?  Oh thats right zero.  Thank goodness for  Vinatieri huh. 

Sections
Shortcuts