Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league??

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league??:
    In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : If I'm not mistaken brady threw for something like 143 yds in his first super bowl. That doesn't scream awesome.  And how many big plays  has the patriots d made in the super bowl wins?  And how many game winning td drives does marcia have?  Oh thats right zero.  Thank goodness for  Vinatieri huh. 
    Posted by steelerjim58

As far as that goes, thank goodness for the Panthers' idiot kicker (whose name escapes me) who blasted the kickoff out of bounds after Carolina had Super Bowl XXXVIII in the bag.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : And how many game winning td drives does marcia have?  Oh thats right zero.  Thank goodness for  Vinatieri huh. 
    Posted by steelerjim58

Brady has won two superbowl MVP's.  He also drove the length of the field with less than two minutes in both the Superbowl and AFC Championship game (in the blinding snow) in 2001 to give Adam a chance to win it.  Please think or at least research before posting...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thammer. Show thammer's posts

they're both very good qb's. they play in different systems. in some respects, the systems are built around their specific talents. they have both certainly proven they can win big games. i'd be happy with either guy; who wouldn't!
    batch is a good backup but (and i'm a steelers fan), let's not get carried away. he's a decent backup but i hated to see byron l go as he was the real deal as a back up. just too expensive to keep him.
    i'd love to see the steelers and pats in the afc championship game and i can't believe that s.i. thinks the chargers are a better team than the steelers. the steelers have had a very good camp and will be cutting guys that are going to be picked up by other teams. at this point, they look to be a better team this year than they were last year. however, they've had post superbowl letdowns before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

when ur looking at best quarterback are saying the someone who puts up numbers and looses in the playoffs ala drew brees or peyton manning or someone who just wins like a tom brady or ben roethlisberger.  people always want to criticize roethlisberger cause he plays ugly or unorthadox compared to the typical type quarterback.  i believe roethlisberger is the third or fourth best quarterback behind brady, manning, and its a toss up between roethlisberger and brees

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : If I'm not mistaken brady threw for something like 143 yds in his first super bowl. That doesn't scream awesome.  And how many big plays  has the patriots d made in the super bowl wins?  And how many game winning td drives does marcia have?  Oh thats right zero.  Thank goodness for  Vinatieri huh. 
    Posted by steelerjim58

Thank God Brady could get the team close enough to allow Vinatieri to kick a field goal.  And by the way, how did Brady do against the lace curtain the last few times he's faced them?   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Irkill... those two "potential starting QB's" on the Brownies might be able to total 3 wins between them...obviously the guy that can win 2 games this year ought to be the starter....
    Posted by mountainmonkey

.............................A QB can't win games by themselves, and lets face it, the Browns don't exactly have amazing receivers or running backs do they? they don't even have a decent defense. I was talking about DA's and BQ's individual talents not the overall team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : .............................A QB can't win games by themselves, and lets face it, the Browns don't exactly have amazing receivers or running backs do they? they don't even have a decent defense. I was talking about DA's and BQ's individual talents not the overall team.  
    Posted by Irkillendem

Wow, you are really pushing your luck.  Ask any knowledgeable patriots fan, and they will tell you that tom terrific can most certainly win a game {games} by himself.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : Wow, you are really pushing your luck.  Ask any knowledgeable patriots fan, and they will tell you that tom terrific can most certainly win a game {games} by himself.
    Posted by steelerjim58

We all know that football is a team sport, and Tom doesnt play defense so he cannot win on his own, that and he is to slow. But it doesnt mean a player cant carry a team, say like brees did last year, you put almost any other qb in his position, do the saints do as well, probably not, but you never know. I'll be the first to say it that during the three superbowls the last two especially the Pats D was really good, but you still need an offense. The Steelers have had a great D and will continue to as long as Lebeau is there. So they rarely get in a postion where Ben has to bring them back, part of the reason TB has been talked about being a great Qb is his last minute heroics and drives to set up the field goals to win the superbowls (its still a game winning drive if they score enough points from that drive to win, no matter if its a TD or a FG).

Ben is growing into a better qb and i think after this season he could be in the 5 of the league, so long as the OL doesnt get him killed. I think when I first saw some really good things out of him, now mind you i dont watch that much steelers ball, was in the AFC Championship last year, the steelers couldnt run at all so Ben took the team on his back and made the throws and advanced the chains, and that is what a great quaterback does.

Lastly, Jim, if your here to have an inteligent discussion about football, make some points, but don't expect this place to be free of bias it is a Patriots board after all. But the " Wow, you are really pushing your luck.  Ask any knowledgeable patriots fan, and they will tell you that tom terrific can most certainly win a game {games} by himself." comments aren't welcome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ehop14. Show Ehop14's posts

I'd have to go with Rivers/Volek in San Diego or Flacco/T.Smith in Baltimore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

A guy called NFL Sirius radio today to say Brady couldn't get it done in the Super Bowl and Roethlisberger did.  It was hilarious.  Brady has owned 'berger less that one matchup 'berger's rookie season.  Shannon Sharpe was apparently agreeing with him but I couldn't make out the words he was saying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

A guy called NFL Sirius radio today to say Brady couldn't get it done in the Super Bowl and Roethlisberger did.  It was hilarious.  Brady has owned 'berger less that one matchup 'berger's rookie season.  Shannon Sharpe was apparently agreeing with him but I couldn't make out the words he was saying.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione

Can you ever understand what sharpe is saying?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

Flacco/T.Smith in Baltimore.
    Posted by Ehop14

You would go  with a 2nd year qb and one who has virtually no on the field experience.  Either your bias is showing or your football IQ is a little on the low side.  No offense meant of course. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Steelers have a really good Qb tandum....but they are not as good as the Saints Brees and Mark Brunell.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

Read it and weep homers...

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2440_It%27s_official:_Big_Ben_one_of_the_best.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Next time check the date meathead.The article is from Sept. 30, 2008. Last year Big Ben was ranked 12th with an 80.1 rating and a 59.9 completion percentage,just ahead of future first ballot HOF'r Jamarcus Russell who holds the 13th rank. However,Matt Cassel was ranked 5th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

If were going to compare stats, i would like to draw attention to the 56 int the Big ben has thrown, and being that this article is from the start of last season that total is higher, but anywho, thats a lot of interception for a guy that has been in the league for 5 years (really 4 when this was written). He has a poor td to int ratio, and i think that is his biggest nock, I mean if you read the article there is a part about some of the problems he has.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? :    Next time check the date meathead.The article is from Sept. 30, 2008. Last year Big Ben was ranked 12th with an 80.1 rating and a 59.9 completion percentage,just ahead of future first ballot HOF'r Jamarcus Russell who holds the 13th rank. However,Matt Cassel was ranked 5th.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

You seem to know a lot about QBs in general as well as Big Ben...so what is Big Ben's W-L record as a QB?  How many 4Q come from behind victories drives has he QB?  How many QBs were younger than him that won a SB?  How many QB's were younger when they had won two SBs?

From what I read here the guy may not rank in the top 10 QBs in the league...less likely yet in the top 5.

Hate away homers

p.s you forgot to mention that after this article was written he won is 2nd SB on a last minute 88 yd drive, completing 6 of 7 passes...of course he rode his non-existent running game the entire way during the regular season as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

I'd put Ben in the 2nd tier with Brees, and Rivers but behind Peyton and Tom. He's a hell of a playmaker, he's young, and proved last year he can be clutch.  Right now he's still a little wild with the football (TD/Int ratio and his fumbles prove that). Of course when you have a lock down defense you can turn the ball over and it isn't the end of the world. Another SB win and you have to put him the first group, you just have too. But he isn't there yet. For Steelers fans that come on here and loudly calling us homers for not appointing Ben #1, I'd say take a look in the mirror.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Roethlisberger/Batch best QB tandem in the league?? : You seem to know a lot about QBs in general as well as Big Ben...so what is Big Ben's W-L record as a QB?  How many 4Q come from behind victories drives has he QB?  How many QBs were younger than him that won a SB?  How many QB's were younger when they had won two SBs? From what I read here the guy may not rank in the top 10 QBs in the league...less likely yet in the top 5. Hate away homers p.s you forgot to mention that after this article was written he won is 2nd SB on a last minute 88 yd drive, completing 6 of 7 passes...of course he rode his non-existent running game the entire way during the regular season as well.                                                                                                               Are we talking about the SB winning Pittsburgh Steelers or a QB who threw 17 regular season TD's but 15 INT's last year?Trent Dilfer won a SB with Baltimore,does that make him better than Dan Marino?You said it yourself that he's not ranked in the top ten.There's no hate toward Big Ben.He's a good fit for a good Steeler team,but he just doesn't compare to the elite QB's in the league.That's obvious.Your mancrush on Ben is blinding you to what he really is,a QB who really understands his team and what it takes to win.As for his individual performance,he is an average QB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

Enjoy your alternative universe.

Sections
Shortcuts