Roethlisberger Draws 6 Game Suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Roethlisberger Draws 6 Game Suspension

Big Ben has drawn a 6 game suspension from the league for violating it's personal conduct policy: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/21/nfl-suspends-ben-roethlisberger-six-games/

In addition, the Steelers have traded by Byron Leftwich (gave up a 7th round pick), and immediately signed him to a contract extension. Could a Big Ben trade be soon to follow?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Roethlisberger Draws 6 Game Suspension

This story made sports headlines in Canada during the NHL playoffs. Just, for the record. Could we see Double D in the Wildcat ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Wow, I wasn't expecting him to get the 6 days. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him right now, but I don't think they will. Leftwich knows their system and will be their starter until Roethlisberger's suspension is up. The guy won them two superbowls, they aren't going to part with him unless he screws up again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

In Response to Re: Roethlisberger Draws 6 Game Suspension:
    Wow, I wasn't expecting him to get the 6 days. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him right now, but I don't think they will. Leftwich knows their system and will be their starter until Roethlisberger's suspension is up. The guy won them two superbowls, they aren't going to part with him unless he screws up again.
    Posted by magicalhobo

I would think some teams that might 'work' from a fanbase that won't care standpoint may be:

1) Buffalo: His addition would make them an immediate threat in 2011, They cannot get any worse.

2) Raiders; Not having that 1st rounder for 2011 hurts, but is there anyone the Raiders wouldn't go after because of 'issues'? Again, seems to be a great fit for them, throws deep, immediately get the best QB in the AFC West.

3) Minny; Ok, 6 games isn't so bad if Brett comes back for only 1 more year. Ben can then come in for 2011 and they don't lose a beat, or if anything, are clear NFC favorites. Slight issue around week 7, but hey, can't have everything.

4) Seattle; Has the picks and need for a QB. Seems like the furthest place from Pittsburg. Would immediately make them the favorite in that division for 2011, no?

5) Rams, similar to Seattle. Big issue, can you give up #1 overall (Bradford) for a 'sure thing' in Big Ben, knowing both probably won't play for the first 6 games anyway...

6) Cleveland; Well, Cleveland hates Pittsburg, so maybe they'll embrace getting Ben and having him and a rebuilding team beat the crap out of a suddenly rebuilding Steelers as they search for a new QB for years to replace Ben. 

7) Tampa Bay / Carolina ; I dunno. At this point, any team that needs a franchise QB that probably does not project to make the playoffs is fair game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Leave it to God to make the most ridiculous suspension,oh I'm sorry Roger goodell the guy who thinks he's god.... I demand that he Suspends Foster from the colts also. Get er' done God or get off the throne!