Re: Roethlisberger Draws 6 Game Suspension
posted at 4/21/2010 4:27 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Roethlisberger Draws 6 Game Suspension
Wow, I wasn't expecting him to get the 6 days. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded him right now, but I don't think they will. Leftwich knows their system and will be their starter until Roethlisberger's suspension is up. The guy won them two superbowls, they aren't going to part with him unless he screws up again.
Posted by magicalhobo
I would think some teams that might 'work' from a fanbase that won't care standpoint may be:
1) Buffalo: His addition would make them an immediate threat in 2011, They cannot get any worse.
2) Raiders; Not having that 1st rounder for 2011 hurts, but is there anyone the Raiders wouldn't go after because of 'issues'? Again, seems to be a great fit for them, throws deep, immediately get the best QB in the AFC West.
3) Minny; Ok, 6 games isn't so bad if Brett comes back for only 1 more year. Ben can then come in for 2011 and they don't lose a beat, or if anything, are clear NFC favorites. Slight issue around week 7, but hey, can't have everything.
4) Seattle; Has the picks and need for a QB. Seems like the furthest place from Pittsburg. Would immediately make them the favorite in that division for 2011, no?
5) Rams, similar to Seattle. Big issue, can you give up #1 overall (Bradford) for a 'sure thing' in Big Ben, knowing both probably won't play for the first 6 games anyway...
6) Cleveland; Well, Cleveland hates Pittsburg, so maybe they'll embrace getting Ben and having him and a rebuilding team beat the crap out of a suddenly rebuilding Steelers as they search for a new QB for years to replace Ben.
7) Tampa Bay / Carolina ; I dunno. At this point, any team that needs a franchise QB that probably does not project to make the playoffs is fair game.