Rogers is the best QB in the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Rogers is the best QB in the game

If there was any doubt as to the best QB in Football today, that doubt has been erased today. Aaron Rogers last minute drive to set up the winning FG with no time left was a thing of beauty. Perfect passes under pressure. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game

He also has the luxury of throwing to receivers who routinely make once-in-a-lifetime catches.

I saw tons of them today - incredible, acobatic, sideline catches.

If Brady had the receiving group that Rodgers has, he'd be far and away the best QB in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Rogers is the best QB in the game:
    If there was any doubt as to the best QB in Football today, Posted by gandalf433

Playing this YEAR, for sure.  Best in football today, jury is still out as he needs more than one season of magic to claim that crown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Definitely hard to argue against that. The thing with Rodgers, though, is that he has a tremendous receiving corp. Obviously, you can't blame Rodgers for playing on a talented team, but when Brady played with a great receiving group in '07, the Patriots were just as dominant as the Packers now, if not more so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

He's playing the best this year. His outside receivers make all of the Pats outside receivers look like Chad Jackson. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game:
    Definitely hard to argue against that. The thing with Rodgers, though, is that he has a tremendous receiving corp. Obviously, you can't blame Rodgers for playing on a talented team, but when Brady played with a great receiving group in '07, the Patriots were just as dominant as the Packers now, if not more so.
    Posted by kevin13130

More so - Rogers is 2 or 3 TDs off Brady's pace, and 1-2% lower completion percentage

But now I don't see anyone stopping the Packers from going 16-0.  The Giants were the last obstacle...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Lots of bogus calls against the Giants today. Rodgers is one concussion away from being a former player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : More so - Rogers is 2 or 3 TDs off Brady's pace, and 1-2% lower completion percentage But now I don't see anyone stopping the Packers from going 16-0.  The Giants were the last obstacle...
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Yeah, it's definitely pretty close though. The Packers do have the Lions in week 17, but I don't see Detroit pulling off the win in Lambeau Field, so I agree with you. If the Packers want to (meaning they don't rest starters), they will go 16-0.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : Yeah, it's definitely pretty close though. The Packers do have the Lions in week 17, but I don't see Detroit pulling off the win in Lambeau Field, so I agree with you. If the Packers want to (meaning they don't rest starters), they will go 16-0.
    Posted by kevin13130

Since their #3 & #4 receivers are starting quality (James Jones and Donald Driver), and Matt Flynn is better than at least 10-15 other QBs in the league (there are some BAAADDDD QBs in the league; see: Grossman, Rex, Sanchez Mark, et al), I could see the Packers pulling off a win with some of their second string guys.

Chicago could have challenged them because of familiarity, but without Cutler AND Forte, they're done

Crazy thought: the Raiders (same ones who got embarrassed in Miami today, I know) could play the Packers closer than people expect by controlling the ball with their run game.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well it's Rogers 1A and Brady 1B right now. Rogers has been impressive

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

...better than anyone not named Brady , I agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Rodgers is playing better but Brady is better. Face it, Welker is the only WR we have that would make that team. Oh well, blame BB, he passed up Greg Jennings for Chad Jackson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Brees is in the discussion as well. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What was that stat I read on tv... Rodgers was going for his 6th game winning drive, Brady has 30 something. Hmm, yes Rodgers is having a good seaason.  Best in the game, ummm lets hold that thought for a while.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Lots of bogus calls against the Giants today. Rodgers is one concussion away from being a former player.
    Posted by BabeParilli

don't want to see it end this way..but very good point. Once you are prone to these it does not take much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

What was that stat I read on tv... Rodgers was going for his 6th game winning drive, Brady has 30 something. Hmm, yes Rodgers is having a good seaason.  Best in the game, ummm lets hold that thought for a while.
    Posted by TFB12

Rodgers is also much younger, but yea let's hold that thought for a while

like ten years or so

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : Rodgers is also much younger, but yea let's hold that thought for a while like ten years or so
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

27 years old vs. 34 years old for Brady

Since he relies so much on mobility doubt he will have the same shelf life as TB or Manning.(and the concussion thing looms)

He is kind of like a Steve Young..wonder how many records he would break if he just started a couple years earlier.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

7 or 8 years into the future, we might be calling Aaron Rodgers the greatest QB of all time. Rodgers can throw the ball as accurately as Brady and Manning, and he can also run and extend the play like Roethlisberger. He's excellent in the pocket and just as good running around.

Maybe Rodgers doesn't read coverages as well as Brady or Manning, but he doesn't necessarily need to given what he can do when no one is open.

I think Rodgers has the ability to be the best ever, but let's not crown him yet. Let's remember that Brady has 3 Super Bowl rings and the greatest season a QB has ever had.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

We might be talking about Cam Newton in this way in a couple of years. He has more tools than any of them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Yup, Rogers absolutely dominating this year.  And his D isn't exactly setting the world on fire, so he HAS to be great....and he has been.  Will that work in the playoffs?  Who knows, but he's been playing fantastic football and is having a season for the ages.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

What makes Rodgers better is that he can run and he keeps drives alive. Brady cannot do that.. Just today, Brady needed 2 yards for a first down, and in 3 seconds only got one. Rodgers gets that first down. And he can pass on the run, very accurately. His defense sucks, as does the Pats, so they're in the same boat there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

This game today was a loss without Rodgers. He showed his worth today. Drove them down the field in 3 plays and set upmthenwin. I was rooting for the Giants just to see GB lose, but now that it is over, screw the Giants.

Sections
Shortcuts