Rogers is the best QB in the game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game:
    [QUOTE]This game today was a loss without Rodgers. He showed his worth today. Drove them down the field in 3 plays and set upmthenwin. I was rooting for the Giants just to see GB lose, but now that it is over, screw the Giants.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

brady was never a fast runner, but if rodgers had the same injury that brady suffered a couple years ago, guarantee rodgers would not be as fleet of foot...so thats kind of not fair, and rodgers is younger as well. I agree rodgers is playing the best this year, but as far as overall qb, he has a LONG way to go to catch brady..and he has had much more skilled receivers then brady has had...with the exception of 07 when he set the record for td's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i replied to the wrong post, my bad...meandt to reply to the post above that one

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Lots of bogus calls against the Giants today. Rodgers is one concussion away from being a former player.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

^^^^^RIGHT HERE^^^^^^^^  Let's not crown him yet, history of concussions and has been hit a bunch this year.  He is good.  But 2 years ago, it was Drew Brees, before that Manning, Brady, etc.  Lets wait until they are done playing before heaping on the superlatives.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

no doubt he is the best by a good margin, imo then its bress would be 2nd followed by brady..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If you listen to the MNF group, EVERY player is the BEST EVER!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]no doubt he is the best by a good margin, imo then its bress would be 2nd followed by brady..
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

By what measure is Brees second?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Rodgers is the best in the NFL this year so far and anyone who says otherwise is a complete homer. Brady and Brees are having two of the greatest seasons in NFL history and neither are even remotely in the discussion for MVP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : By what measure is Brees second?

no , not really his record. bradys is better anyways. they are both really close, brees mobility give him an edge  while brady may be the better passer, it could go either way. my point was really more about rodgers being in a league of his own this year.  all of those qbs would make just about any team a playoff contender.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] Rodgers is the best in the NFL this year so far and anyone who says otherwise is a complete homer. Brady and Brees are having two of the greatest seasons in NFL history and neither are even remotely in the discussion for MVP.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

Yup, Rodgers is top dog. I haven't seen anbybody say otherwise lately.

As a matter of fact I was rating him second only to Brady in pre-season and was beset upon by ravenous fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : no , not really his record. bradys is better anyways. they are both really close, brees mobility give him an edge  while brady may be the better passer, it could go either way. my point was really more about rodgers being in a league of his own this year.  all of those qbs would make just about any team a playoff contender.
    Posted by kjfiton[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Rodgers is doing it. But his schedule hasn't been too tough as far as playing good defenses. He hasn't played any of the top dozen Ds.

Come playoff time most of the stiffs will be gone from his schedule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : Yeah, Rodgers is doing it. But his schedule hasn't been too tough as far as playing good defenses. He hasn't played any of the top dozen Ds. Come playoff time most of the stiffs will be gone from his schedule.

yeah,  it would be good to see him go up against the ravens or a team like that. he may get the 49ers in the playoffs. that could be a tough matchup for the packers because their defense is  good as is their running game. still probably not enough but never know.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Really? Brees better then Brady? Even though Brady has more TDs and fewer INTs? While not playing in a pansy dome?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

RoDgers is the best QB right now.  His ability to make plays with his legs is what seperates him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

gandalf or whatever your called, get a grip man !  The best QB in the histroy of the game is in New England, including this year.  We'll see when TB rips AR and the pack apart during the SB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : Yup, Rodgers is top dog. I haven't seen anbybody say otherwise lately. As a matter of fact I was rating him second only to Brady in pre-season and was beset upon by ravenous fans.

Those would be zombie fans.  You best beware here.

But yeah, Rogers in on fire.  GB got some breaks from what little of the game I saw, but that doesn't change my impression of Rogers. MVP so far.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Yeah, the best against subpar competition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, the best against subpar competition.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Lame excuse. What, exactly is subpar, when it comes to the NFL? If we're going to play the pathetic subpar card, What about the Patriots competition? What about the 1st game of the season, vs NO? What about the fact that he has an NFL record QB Rating, by FAR? That he might set close to ALL the passing records this season? What about what all the experts are saying? Is there an expert in the media and/or any former player or coach that is mentioning this or suggesting his performance is overrated in any other way? Homerish. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Rogers is the best QB in the game:
    [QUOTE]If there was any doubt as to the best QB in Football today, that doubt has been erased today. Aaron Rogers last minute drive to set up the winning FG with no time left was a thing of beauty. Perfect passes under pressure. 
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]
    Here's the problem.  He put himself under this same pressure?  Versus the Giants?

Tom Brady didn't have a last minute drive this past Sunday.  That's because he was 28 points ahead going into the fourth quarter.  So, he mostly handed the ball off to the backup tailback, and then he sat around drinking Gatorade.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

[QUOTE]He also has the luxury of throwing to receivers who routinely make once-in-a-lifetime catches. I saw tons of them today - incredible, acobatic, sideline catches. If Brady had the receiving group that Rodgers has, he'd be far and away the best QB in the game.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Having better erceivers is a definite plus...but being able to hit them is more important. Brady is very poor at the long ball (overthrown / underthrown). Being able to throw ACCURATELY on the run is something Brady CANNOT do at all. Rogers is #1 at this particular time. (Peyton is off the board for now)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Conversation heard in any Boston.com thread:
    Guy #1: "Ok, who's better?  An alien life form with superior technology about to take over the world or Brady?"
    Guy #2: "Does the Alien have a weapon of mass destruction?"
    Guy #1: "Yes. He can kill all life forms on Earth in 10 minutes"
    Guy #3: "10 minutes?"
    Guy #1: "Yes."
    (a quick pause..)

Guy's 1-2-3: "BRADY!"
    Guy #2: "I've seen Brady dissect a defense in under a minute. Based on that fact, he could defeat the alien 10x faster than any technology they have!"
    Guy #3: " Brady won 3 Super Bowls by the age of 27.  What has the alien done? He's benefiting from technology MADE for him. Brady Makes weapons out of Reche Caldwell."
    Guy #1: "Exactly!  Brady in a rout"

This question of who is better in a room full of Patriot Blue-colored glasses is ridiculous.  Rodgers is the better QB.  You can justify why or why not all you like.  He just is.  Larry Bird wasn't the best Basketball player when Jordan emerged in the late 80s. Didn't hurt our love for him or his play.

Its ok to admit someone is better without sounding like a traitor. Really.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Since I am such a homer...probably not neutral when it comes to Brady...so I need to compare to another...

I must admit though Manning in his prime was much better than Rogers. Rogers needs to have one year with sub-par receivers to convince me otherwise.

Sections
Shortcuts