Rogers is the best QB in the game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game

Right now, he is the best QB in the game.  Great skill players, but he's totally locked in.  Tom is "merely" having a tremendous season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Rogers is never rattled.  he is ridiculously comfortable.  I suppose that could change if he ever gets sacked - the time he has is a luxury.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game:
    Rogers is never rattled.  he is ridiculously comfortable.  I suppose that could change if he ever gets sacked - the time he has is a luxury.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

He is crazy like the other QB's , Bradys knee , Rogers Concussions...they are all one hit from being out for good...need to be good at not thinking certain ways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Since I am such a homer...probably not neutral when it comes to Brady...so I need to compare to another... I must admit though Manning in his prime was much better than Rogers. Rogers needs to have one year with sub-par receivers to convince me otherwise.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

You call that a veiled post? It was about as translucent as it could possibly be, and yes, Brady has had some great seasons with some bad receivers. And if anything, Troy Aikman repeatedly points out how many drops the Packers receivers have had this yr. It is more likely the other way around, that his receivers look better because of him; ditto the offensive line, because on top of his amazing arm strength, accuracy, release, and ability to read defenses, when he's under pressure, I've never seen anything like his choreography. He actually has a higher QB Rating when he's on the run than when he's stationary. I just don't understand why many posters here can't marvel at his greatness and instead feel the need to try to tear him down, which this yr, is nigh near impossible. It's not like he's on a division rival. He DOES have a weakness, however; his concussion history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Ignorant stuff; Perhaps you should check his QB rating when he's on the run. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : Ignorant stuff; Perhaps you should check his QB rating when he's on the run. 
    Posted by nhsteven

Yeah.  I really should.  Typically I check the QB ratings (on the run of course) for all QBs each and every morning.  I get to it right after studying the net yards per attempt for punters in games below 27 degrees.

I find it a lot easier and much more informatiove to study arcane football stats rather than taking the time to actually watch games.

Thanks for the swell advice!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : You call that a veiled post? It was about as translucent as it could possibly be, and yes, Brady has had some great seasons with some bad receivers. And if anything, Troy Aikman repeatedly points out how many drops the Packers receivers have had this yr. It is more likely the other way around, that his receivers look better because of him; ditto the offensive line, because on top of his amazing arm strength, accuracy, release, and ability to read defenses, when he's under pressure, I've never seen anything like his choreography. He actually has a higher QB Rating when he's on the run than when he's stationary. I just don't understand why many posters here can't marvel at his greatness and instead feel the need to try to tear him down, which this yr, is nigh near impossible. It's not like he's on a division rival. He DOES have a weakness, however; his concussion history.
    Posted by nhsteven

Also Manning and Brady make better line-of-scrimmage adjustments..which is a big deal with a pocket passer.

Yes, Rogers is good at making reads but he is so mobile he does not need to be.  He can extend the play as good as anyone, and is obviously in the mix for the best ever....I just need to see him with different personell over the course of a few years to know how really good he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : Yeah.  I really should.  Typically I check the QB ratings (on the run of course) for all QBs each and every morning.  I get to it right after studying the net yards per attempt for punters in games below 27 degrees. I find it a lot easier and much more informatiove to study arcane football stats rather than taking the time to actually watch games. Thanks for the swell advice!

First of all, that stat has been mentioned by Simms, Aikman, & others, so you making a mockery of it doesn't really work too well. And, if you watched the games and still came up with these conclusions, that's even scarier. You're welcome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Rogers is the best QB in the game : Also Manning and Brady make better line-of-scrimmage adjustments..which is a big deal with a pocket passer. Yes, Rogers is good at making reads but he is so mobile he does not need to be.  He can extend the play as good as anyone, and is obviously in the mix for the best ever....I just need to see him with different personell over the course of a few years to know how really good he is.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

That's fair.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

WoW! Brady is 34 already?
    Seems like just yesterday he was SB MVP at the age of 24. Time flys.
    Have to agree that AR is the best in the game today. No doubt.
    But I still love Tommy Boy and all that he has brought us! Go Pats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Aaron is playing out of his mind, but people are so quick to forget how great Brady has been, and still is.

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with what Mangini said about Aaron and the Packers. They aren't doing anything that hasn't already been done. Now obviously if they finish off the 19-0 season that is another thing, but as of right now... They are just following the leaders.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Flavor of the month.  In a month where pass interference has pretty much made defense impossible.  He is good.  He is not THAT good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rogers looks darn good to me . . . but I think it's hard to compare him and Brady, because I believe Rogers has a more formidable receiving corp than Brady does.  Not that Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez are bad receivers . . . it's just the Packers have 6 receivers with more than 20 receptions and 9 with more than 10 while the Pats have just 4 with more than 20 and 6 with more than 10. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Brady chooses who he throws to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He is loving this.....The guy who sat in the green room for most of the 1st round, during the 2005 draft with the cameras on him....Now he has the last laugh for all of those teams that passed on him!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I get sick of hearing about Rogers..He is playing for a team the league is in love with right now.  They go thru whole games without penalties.  Other teams receivers don't have a chance as they are mugged all day long.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Washington has the fewest at 4.7 Penalties per game; GB is at 5.1, NE is at 5.8, and the Jets at 5.9. The league median value is 6.2. So much for your exaggeration. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Again, must reading that bolsters my case that Brady is the MVP !!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/35276/tom-brady-not-aaron-rodgers-is-mvp

Sections
Shortcuts