Rolando McClain Has Crohn's Disease.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3758706. Show user_3758706's posts

Rolando McClain Has Crohn's Disease.

Not sure if anyone saw this....

"Tide LB discloses non-football illness… Star Alabama MLB Rolando McClain stunned the pro scouting fraternity when he disclosed after he became ill during the Tide’s pro day today that he has had Crohn's Disease, an inflammatory intestinal condition, since his freshman year in high school. "

http://www.gbnreport.com/

I am no doctor, but how much of am impact will this have on McClain and would the Pats roll the dice @ 22?  David Garrard also has the disease and he has had a nice career.  Nice for lack of a better word.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Rolando McClain Has Crohn's Disease.

My close friend has it.  Brutal.  It may have lead to spontaneous leg infection a few years back during a stressful period in his life.  He almost lost his leg.  Not a good disease for an NFL-bound player.  Sad for him and his family.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

There goes Miami's pick--i thought for sure they would take him if available..no way now.  Not it's either Earl Thomas, Dan Willliams or trade down for the fins

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Very sad. I hope to God this guy can still play, even if not for New England. I also hope the guy has a plan outside of football because oftentimes, players without a post-football plan struggle to find a new identity.

I work with a basketball organization in Atlanta and many NBA hall-of-famers are involved. It's amazing to see some of those guys struggle for money knowing that basketball was all they were good at at some point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

My mother has Crohn's Disease. He will be fine as long as he has the right treatment. David garrard has it and hes fine hell even Mumbles Manino has it and he is fine as well. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I don't really know anything about Crohn's disease, but I have pondered exactly what it was...  I've seemed to always conclude that (again just guessing) THAT it probably was a very old disease, around for a long time or perhaps mainly just affecting old people who were around for a long time.  I'd guess some characteristic symptoms might be stuttering and perhaps something akin to dementia...maybe drooling and lessening of overall mental processes.  I don't mean to make light of this here, since I'm very much not in the know.  Now that I think of it, I believe the main reason why I concluded those certain and specific symptoms about this disease, was that Crohn's always reminded me of Cro-Magnon Man, or a disease that would be really good for Cro Magnon man...and so, ya know-just something for everyone to mull over.  Lot's to think about there... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

A friend of mine has it and it never really goes away. There are times when he is alright and there are times when he was bed ridden for weeks at a time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

I have it. It depends greatly. It varies from very mild to requiring surgery and having severe complications, so the details of this particular case matter. A lot of people get it in their 20's or so. There are numerous treatments (and steadily increasing in numbers and quality) but no cure, although some people go into spontaneous remission (very small percentage). The treatments can work really well but again that depends on each case. The good news is that you can have layered treatments in many cases, if something doesn't work you go for the next, etc. Not something one wants to have, of course, but if it's under control and his case is not severe, he could have a good career. I suppose interested medical staffs can get all the information they need and determine how to proceed.