Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse'

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse'

In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse':
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : As BP once said, one game does not make a player ready for Canton. Brain-dead fans trying to one up brain-dead coaches?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Ouch Nancy, relax a bit.  Seems like you got sand in one of your hard to reach places. What does Canton have to do with Ridley being better then Maroney-lite BJGE?  Ridley will be starting within the next Two games and you can tell your cat Mr. Muttles that I told you so.Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I guess we're all brain-dead except for Patsfansince1966.  Are you trying to be the new "KING"?

By the way,  when is the "right" time to try to run the ball coach?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I like this !!!! i hope our players get angry !!!!

Vince, Albert, Spikes, Logan, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez can be pretty hardcore !!

hope this unleash some emotion in this team !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : Umm, how many teams do you see sitting on seven point leads?  In 2005, the Colts were up by two TD's late in the fourth quarter and Manning had to chuck another TD to I have a gun Harrison.

Terrible example....  That was their game... Pats until 07' always used their back field unlike Indy.  I know Jmaes had good years, but they never won the SB with a great ground game(Rhodes and Adai).  All Pats SB's were one with a sounds ground and pound style RB at their helm (Smith, Dillion)... I know what you're trying to say.  But instead of trying to down play ideas on the board try respecting the point of view.

I understand your point of view of slinging the ball.. yes that;s all they do now, whish any fan can see, but why did we draft two RB's second and third round?  I think BB has more plans then just letting them be depth behind BJGE.... I mean would you agree?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

One more thing 1966, if you were born that year you should be ashmaed of yourself.  Everyone on this thread basically just wants to see more running.  No one is bashing BB or the offense.  Just like to see more clck control.

You call us brain dead?  You're an old negative nancy for not listening to ideas that people want to express on an open online forum......

That is the point of this blog ya know.

You act like you know it all and give no other insight than what the team currently employs.... that is brainless with no input if you ask me.  Redundancy if you will.

I'm not tryin to start internet fights, but please refrain from insulting mine and others intelligence please. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

since 2007, it has looked like there has been at least some truth to it. nobody fears the pats for smashmouth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]One more thing 1966, if you were born that year you should be ashmaed of yourself.  Everyone on this thread basically just wants to see more running.  No one is bashing BB or the offense.  Just like to see more clck control. You call us brain dead?  You're an old negative nancy for not listening to ideas that people want to express on an open online forum...... That is the point of this blog ya know. You act like you know it all and give no other insight than what the team currently employs.... that is brainless with no input if you ask me.  Redundancy if you will. I'm not tryin to start internet fights, but please refrain from insulting mine and others intelligence please. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Nice Getzo, pats66 was just crushed on the "run the damn ball thread" by another poster for similar arrogant statements.

And for the topic, I say unfortunately Mclain is correct. We have became a finesse offense but don't have to be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

At either rate I hope BB and Brady see or hear about his comments and come in shutting this McClain guy up. Jets next after Oakland and I want to see a WIN against them in our house.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : Nice Getzo, pats66 was just crushed on the "run the damn ball thread" by another poster for similar arrogant statements. And for the topic, I say unfortunately Mclain is correct. We have became a finesse offense but don't have to be.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Exactly dude... some smash mouth - not even a lot - will be a nice chnage of pace. 

I wanna see more 5 and 6 man rushes as well. 

I want BB to look at some old Titans tape when haynesworth was there, and see how they dominated teams.  Well that's the ticket really..... Haynesworth needs to get in there.  My fingers are crossed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse':
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4704324/mcclain-raiders-eye-finesse-pats I actually think he's right. I see the Patriots get pushed around instead of doing the pushing. I've seen it for a few years now since Bruschi and Harrison departed. Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Packers, Bucs, even these Raiders are not playing that way. I know this is a byproduct of the character issue that Kraft and Belichick value so highly. You can't really draft too many players that are 'nasty', 'filthy', and 'explosive' without sacrificing something on the character front. Almost all of the players you see that are making those explosive plays on both sides of the ball had character issues but teams still drafted them hoping to exploit their talents while also keeping the player in line. It's a risk for every team and every player but the Patriots seem to really run from the character-issue guys. At any rate, there's some bulletin board material already.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

He's right. As I've said many times, the Patriots have morphed into the Indianapolis Colts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I see our LBs 15-20 yards downfield alot. It seems like they start backpeddling right when the ball is snapped. If your going to be in no mans land and not make the play why not just go after the passer? I don't care for our read and react defense, give me an aggresive attack defense any time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I see our LBs 15-20 yards downfield alot. It seems like they start backpeddling right when the ball is snapped. If your going to be in no mans land and not make the play why not just go after the passer? I don't care for our read and react defense, give me an aggresive attack defense any time.
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

So it's not the players, but the scheme?  Whowouldathunkit...   I'd like to see more  5 to 6 pass rushers on plays.... especially on third downs.. and even more especially were they have a large leads. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I think pats will run more towards the end of the season. I think Bill knows what benny is, he can get yards once in a while but when he is in there, most teams know its run, its hard to establish a running game with BJGE and change the offensive style. It leads to 2 different styles, Passing & Running and switch gears like that really messes with the team. The playcalling is not smooth during that time.
    I think once Ridley & Vereen are more acclimated with the offense and if they can stay healthy, Pats will be running more, especially less shotgun and more singleback w/ playaction. I am not saying they will throw more than they run, thats not going to happen. But they will be out of the shotgun less and more singleback where they can line up ridley and vereen behind there and can have options to both Run & Pass out of the same formations.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah but the word is an oxymoron in the game of football. The Lakers are a finesse backetball team, but the Celtics are grimmy... kinda as it's still basketball. Either way that will be as you said, Bulletin Board material.  That's a godsend in my book as well.  After a bad loss a put down like that is what the Pats need to turn their soft D around, and start pounding the ball with Ridley and BJGE.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

let ellis sit. play ridley, vereen, woody.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Is "finesse" the French word for "crap"?  Because if so, I agree that we have a "finesse" defense.
    Posted by John413[/QUOTE]

john, love it :) ......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : The change to Ridley will happen soon, even the moron O'Brien will eventualy look at the stats and Game film an see Ridley'e explosiveness as BJGE continues his morphing into Maroney.  Let's just hope the brain dead moron learn this by this weekend.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

tcal,
     if i can see ridely is the best back in preseason game one, he has little hope if he needs to see more film at this point to know what he has.
    enough with the little kids with training wheels. bring in a real oc and a real dc and a gm to be equal to and balance bb.
    dont know if kraft is wise and shrewd enough to do that. in fact seems pretty sure isnt (at least at this point). maybe hes afraid bb will walk away if he has to share the toys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : When the defense knows a team is going to run when up by 21, that leads to three and outs-it's the offensive version of the prevent defense. Does anyone here have any functioning gray matter?

not on th ecoachign staff apparently.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : Nice Getzo, pats66 was just crushed on the "run the damn ball thread" by another poster for similar arrogant statements. And for the topic, I say unfortunately Mclain is correct. We have became a finesse offense but don't have to be.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

and if we dont toughen up, richard and company on the oakland d line will do some smashmouth football on sunday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : Exactly dude... some smash mouth - not even a lot - will be a nice chnage of pace.  I wanna see more 5 and 6 man rushes as well.  I want BB to look at some old Titans tape when haynesworth was there, and see how they dominated teams.  Well that's the ticket really..... Haynesworth needs to get in there.  My fingers are crossed.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

exactly. whats the point of picking up players and playing more aggressive in the preseason only to fall back to passivity and lose games because of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I see our LBs 15-20 yards downfield alot. It seems like they start backpeddling right when the ball is snapped. If your going to be in no mans land and not make the play why not just go after the passer? I don't care for our read and react defense, give me an aggresive attack defense any time.
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

i'm with you jim

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rolando McClain: Patriots are 'finesse' : Why draft Ridley so high then?  I'm not saying they get away from their bread and butter, but rather start using some clock killing qualities to aid their D and keep the ball out the other offenses hands.. no?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Ridley was a 3rd round pick, not that high. Are you confusing him with Share Vereen?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Blame the 06 AFC championship. They changed their whole philosophy after that to be an offensive team.