Rolling Stone Mag is a disgrace!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Rolling Stone Mag is a disgrace!!

FoxNews.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Rolling Stone Mag is a disgrace!!

To put this kid on the front cover is just disgusting !!Yes it a big story but they shouldnt put him on the cover like a rock star!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I know a couple of Pats players are headed to jail (Hernandez and Dennard) but wasn't aware that Tsarnaev one of them. 

Still wondering what this post is doing on this forum. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Putting this f'n tool on the cover is the result of too may editors snorting too much coke and smoking way too much grass!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I agree with most people, and want to see this piece of garbage strung up by the short hairs and beaten daily.....

But this isn't the first time some media outlet decided to put a very bad person on a magazine cover, and it won't be the last. Unfortunately this kind of story is popular, and a lot of people want to know what makes a dirtbag like this tick.

Today's media is about getting clicks, and views. Guess what, Rolling Stone is getting a lot of attention for this. Will it hurt them? That remains to be seen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

Found a better image of the Rolling Stone Cover!

Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine for their latest cover

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I agree with most people, and want to see this piece of garbage strung up by the short hairs and beaten daily.....

But this isn't the first time some media outlet decided to put a very bad person on a magazine cover, and it won't be the last. Unfortunately this kind of story is popular, and a lot of people want to know what makes a dirtbag like this tick.

Today's media is about getting clicks, and views. Guess what, Rolling Stone is getting a lot of attention for this. Will it hurt them? That remains to be seen.

Not posting directly to you but your post made me think of something so more of a general comment off of what you said.

It really depends on the magazine and the photo itself imo. For example if newsweek or times put him on the cover no one would care because they are news organizations. But, Rolling Stones is a lifestyle magazine. Yes I know they do have political columns but they are known as a music and entertainment magazine. Imagine teen bop or sports illustrated putting his mug on the cover. Heck even sports illustrated would have more meaning given it happen at the marithon. News organizations and papers are one things and you understand why they are on the cover but not a life style/entertainment magazine.

Then there is the picture. Even Newsweek and Times know to put an image of him in an orange jump suit, or in cuffs, or his mug shot. This image looks like many rockstar or movie star images Rolling Stones uses. It almost glorifies him in a way putting up a similar image as entertainment stars that people look up to. If they had a mug shot, pic of him in cuffs, or in the orange jump suit lead by police and put this pic in the article itself I think less people would be po'd about it. But, that image almost makes him look like a celebraty.

Third to me was "The Bomber". Yes it's true he was but coming from a music paper who's known for giving out cool nicknames this seems almost more like a nickname than that he blew people up. I remember when I was a kid I thought the nickname "The Mad Bomber" was incredibly cool. It was the type of nickname you wanted in grade school. Combine that with the pic and suddenly he looks like a celebraty with a cool nickname. If instead of "The Bomber" that had bold red letters simply "Terrorist" even that would have been better. 

Honestly would people have and issue if they had a pic of him in cuffs in an orange suit surounded by guards with big red letters "Terrorist" underneath then they short clip about the article? Or if they had a pic of the victims and left his pic for the article? The fact that they made him look and almost sound like a rock star in a music magazine is disgusting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

At least it will give Felger & Mazz something to whine & moan about for a few days...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Very flattering picture. Obviously enhanced. I doubt young Dzhokhar ever looked quite that good a single day in his entire life. Not even to his mother

The floppy hair, flawless skin, wispy goatee, enigmatic expression, perfect lighting - he looks positively dreamy. The polar opposite of  a "monster", which is the effect RS is going for, I suppose

But still, I agree with the majority in this thread who find the picture offensive

PS He looks like he should play D'artagnan in the next Three Musketeers remake

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

"There is no such thing as bad publicity"

Rolling Stone is really puting that old saying to the test.

Most embarrassingly, As of early afternoon, Rolling Stone had stuck their collective head in the sand and refused to comment about it. Talk about sackless.

Magazines put bad people on covers? Sure they do. I, however, can't recall a magazine puting such a down-right FLATTERING picture of a guy who did something so heinous, SO CLOSE to the act. Usually covers like this, headshots, of criminals are for stories done after they've been in prison for a while. It shows either a broken man, a crazy man, or somewhere in between. This piece of tihs couldn't have asked for a BETTER one!

I don't care WHY he ended up the way he did. He doesn't deserve people to know his story, he doesn't deserve having anyone look at ANYthing he did in ANY kind of positive way!

Why? Because HE, that pretty-boy little fking coward B!TCH robbed an 8 year old of EVER having that chance. Show me THAT LITTLE BOYS FACE ON A MAGAZINE COVER.

I can only hope every single bottom-feeding a s s h o l e at Rolling Stone who had ANY hand in allowing this suffers some personal tragedy, and then has someone shove it in their face mere months later. I'd like to find out an editor has cancer so I could send bottles of bleach and implore him to do his own experimental chemotherapy.

FK you Rolling Stone. People like this don't deserve ANY humanity. He did it to himself. He shows BLATANT disregard for innocent human life, and we're supposed to humanize him? 

Also, fk anyone who doesn't have a problem with this cover. Yes, you. To your face. Fk You Too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Wasn't Rolling Stone created to poke people in the eye for publicity?  They've since become irrelevant.

Hey! There are fish on the line again!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

he's still innocent at the moment.. let's keep that in mind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Rolling Stone released this statement re: the Tsarnaev cover according to WHDH:

"Our hearts go out to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing, and our thoughts are always with them and their families. The cover story we are publishing this week falls within the traditions of journalism and Rolling Stone's long-standing commitment to serious and thoughtful coverage of the most important political and cultural issues of our day. The fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is young, and in the same age group as many of our readers, makes it all the more important for us to examine the complexities of this issue and gain a more complete understanding of how a tragedy like this happens."

ATJ comment: "Complexities of this issue"???  The rationalizations implicit in this phrase simply boggle the mind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

This comes as no surprise.  RS is a progressive liberal rag and has been for some time.  And I use to not care - where they lost me many years back was when they all but hung Tipper Gore in effegy for wanting parental guidance stickers on LPs/CDs, then as soon as her husband got into the presidential race picture - endoresed the entire family along with the Clintons.  So it went from being a politically liberal rag did contain good stories about musicians, to being a hypocritical piece of tolet paper - a couple months later I let my subscription lapse. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Rolling Stone released this statement re: the Tsarnaev cover according to WHDH:

"Our hearts go out to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing, and our thoughts are always with them and their families. The cover story we are publishing this week falls within the traditions of journalism and Rolling Stone's long-standing commitment to serious and thoughtful coverage of the most important political and cultural issues of our day. The fact that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is young, and in the same age group as many of our readers, makes it all the more important for us to examine the complexities of this issue and gain a more complete understanding of how a tragedy like this happens."

ATJ comment: "Complexities of this issue"???  The rationalizations implicit in this phrase simply boggle the mind.

What a load of crap!! RS is painting this piece of dog doo as a "victim". My hat is off to any & all businesses that refuse to sell this trash....such as CVS, RiteAid, and hopefully many more. The picture is one thing that is beyond classless, but the article itself is such a slap in the face to the real victims. The folks at RS that approved this to be printed should be fired. My God, how I loathe the media these days....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A lot of local chains aren't going to carry the magazine this week - what would really be nice is if they didn't carry the magazine ever again, because not carrying it for this week isn't going to do much for their sales. Just get rid of the magazine in Massachusetts...that might put a little dent into their marketing scheme Going forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Who the hell reads magazines anymore?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Who the hell reads magazines anymore?

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

beat me to it.

Magazines, are those the floppy little booklets in dentist offices and behind the seats in airplanes?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

There is no depth to which media will not descend to make a buck. However, seeing a disgusting magazine cover of an evil sociopath is the price we pay for living in a free society with freedom of expression. It's a small price to pay and we get a pretty healthy return for that payment. There is a pretty effective technique for discouraging this kind of vile journalism - don't buy or read the magazine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

why? if they hadn't done it...someone else eventually would have.  It's about making money, selling ad space. Not that hard to grasp....

Sections
Shortcuts