Romeo Crennel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Romeo Crennel

With each week, it's looking more and more like he won't be the Chiefs HC next season.

Not a great head coach, but still a brilliant D Coordinator, in my opinion.

Already brought back McDaniels, hopefully we can get Romeo back on the Patriots sidelines should he be fired.

I honestly believe this D is more talented than at least 50% of the defenses in the league...I think coaching is the problem...and Crennel could be the answer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Romeo Crennel

That Chiefs D was pretty good today (except for the blown 3rd and 15 at the end). Poor Romeo never gets a good QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Yes, he usually will bring a good D. But with a poor record, you have to assume the Chiefs will get rid of their Pats (Pioli, Cassel, Crennel)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

They deserve it too. I like Romeo (he'll get a job somewhere else) but Pioli could be in trouble. Another guy who struggles without Belichek.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Romeo always has bad luck with QB's and OC's. Pioli should have kept Orton. He's not the best head coach for sure but I feel bad for him that he doesn't have someone better at QB in Cleveland and KC

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Romeo is in for a long year with that team.  And Charlie Weis may be in for an even harder time at Kansas.  While Kansas is not exactly a football school, they are looking at a 2-10 or even 1-11 season IMO.  That said, I'd be shocked if either guy returned to the Pats in any capacity.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'd take RAC in a heartbeat as a defensive coach.  His strength was always presenting the game plan to different types of players.  He could break things down in a way they all understood the important points and overall concept. 

KC's best year offensively was under Weis...but for whatever reason, Todd Haley decided to take the reigns and then put the team in the toilet.  Weis' playcalling is still gold...I've always liked how he attacked a team.

One Pats coach I really want to see moved back to the video department is Josh Boyer.  He's awful and I think he's ultimately responsible for why our teams have been able to cover reliably.  With DMC and pretty much our entire secondary never looking for the ball...i think he's teaching it that way.  We need someone who can team proper bump-and-run coverage.  There's no reason at the 2 yard line, that our DBs should be lining up five yards back in the endzone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That Chiefs D was pretty good today (except for the blown 3rd and 15 at the end). Poor Romeo never gets a good QB.

[/QUOTE]

agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With each week, it's looking more and more like he won't be the Chiefs HC next season.

Already brought back McDaniels, hopefully we can get Romeo back on the Patriots sidelines should he be fired.

I honestly believe this D is more talented than at least 50% of the defenses in the league...I think coaching is the problem...and Crennel could be the answer

[/QUOTE]

id go along with romeo, but josh has to improve or change some of his philosophies for me to want to keep him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Romeo is in for a long year with that team.  And Charlie Weis may be in for an even harder time at Kansas.  While Kansas is not exactly a football school, they are looking at a 2-10 or even 1-11 season IMO.  That said, I'd be shocked if either guy returned to the Pats in any capacity.

[/QUOTE]

agreed. bb aint hiring established very good coaches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Ytsejamer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd take RAC in a heartbeat as a defensive coach.  His strength was always presenting the game plan to different types of players.  He could break things down in a way they all understood the important points and overall concept. 

KC's best year offensively was under Weis...but for whatever reason, Todd Haley decided to take the reigns and then put the team in the toilet.  Weis' playcalling is still gold...I've always liked how he attacked a team.

One Pats coach I really want to see moved back to the video department is Josh Boyer.  He's awful and I think he's ultimately responsible for why our teams have been able to cover reliably.  With DMC and pretty much our entire secondary never looking for the ball...i think he's teaching it that way.  We need someone who can team proper bump-and-run coverage.  There's no reason at the 2 yard line, that our DBs should be lining up five yards back in the endzone.

[/QUOTE]

agreed on point 1

agred on pont 2

i said point 3 over last 2 yrs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, he usually will bring a good D. But with a poor record, you have to assume the Chiefs will get rid of their Pats (Pioli, Cassel, Crennel)

[/QUOTE]

aint romeos fault he has one of worst starting qb in league

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

why not go to the Sox board and say you want Millar, Mueller and the rest of the 2004 team back?  He ain't coming back here and we have who bill wants here

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be honest. Does KC really have any talent to be good? It's not his fault, if the players aren't good. But, thet did be at the Saints who aren't a shabby team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be honest. Does KC really have any talent to be good? It's not his fault, if the players aren't good. But, thet did be at the Saints who aren't a shabby team.

[/QUOTE]

Many people picked them to win that division this year. They have a decent defense. Some very skilled running backs (though Hillis was a wasted pick up in my opinion) a very good reciever in Bowe and unfortunately a crumbling disaster at QB. I like Cassel a lot but he was awful against SD and Balt. I know his recievers are not helping much but his fumble on the one foot line was pretty bad (it ended up costing the game). Brady Quinn looked good on his one drive but I can't see him being the answer, though stranger things have happened. Romeo will probably be able to find a coordinator job soon enough. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I watched the KC/ Balt. game and came away thinking that Romeo is just not a very good HC

...regardless of who is QB is .

Example :

3 -3 tie game.

12 secs to go before the half .

KC has driven the ball to the Ravens 43 .

4th and inches .

Romeo punts .

PUNTS .

Why not go for it ?

A short completion puts you in FG range in a game where points are obviously at a premium ( Final score 9 -6 )

At worst - you get stopped and give the ball back to the other team with 5 or 6 secs to go ( and 20 yards from Fg range )

If you're afraid of that scenario - then heave up a time-eating hail mary pass into the endzone - if youre lucky maybe you come down with it ( might even get a PI call )

Nice guy ...but we all know where they finish