Ron Borges’ latest rant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

Ron Borges’ latest rant

I thought this A_HOLE was banished to some small town paper! Why was he allowed to come back and bad mouth our teams?Someone should tar and feather hin proper and send him packing to Finland or some other place that he deserves. Of course this is just my opinion.....I could be wrong!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Ron Borges’ latest rant

Everybody likes to kill Borges but I've read his report card just about every week this yr and I think he's been pretty accurate.  He's given good grades and praised the team and players when they deserved it but also ripped them when it was deserved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

if you're wrong i just dont know what right is... add bob ryan, dan shaugnessy, gaspar and breer to the list

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Borges’ latest rant:
    [QUOTE]Everybody likes to kill Borges but I've read his report card just about every week this yr and I think he's been pretty accurate.  He's given good grades and praised the team and players when they deserved it but also ripped them when it was deserved.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

that dude has probably never played a down of footbal in his life... what makes him or any other reporter for that matter qualified to give out "report cards" someone please let teddy bruschi have his job... i remember hearing a conference meeting between boston media and darelle revis, revis asked them if they know anything about cover 2 or cover 1 the answer was an emphatic "no, not really"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to Ron Borges’ latest rant:
    [QUOTE]I thought this A_HOLE was banished to some small town paper! Why was he allowed to come back and bad mouth our teams?Someone should tar and feather hin proper and send him packing to Finland or some other place that he deserves. Of course this is just my opinion.....I could be wrong!
    Posted by rusco[/QUOTE]

Boston sports writers are like fungus, very difficult to remove.  Very few other sports hubs would allow a guy to get caught for plagerism, then let him hang around long enough to weasel his way back into the Paper, TV and Radio covering a team that he clearly has a grudge against. 

Then again, didn't the Herald keep a guy that wrote the biggest sports fabrication in the history of the NFL?  And don't most Boston jock sniffers make it clear that they despise the teams and the fans on a daily basis (one acrimonious article or verbal diatribe at a time).  I agree that the New England sports fan base is no longer underserved (with the Sportshub, WEEI, NESN, CSN, Globe, etc.) but we are poorly served.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"that dude has probably never played a down of footbal in his life..."

Yes, but the biggest idiots in the media are former players ( Tedy excluded ).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Yapple (as usual) has hit the nail right on the head here. Every time I hear someone bring up that old, tired "never played a down in his life" saw, I can't help but chuckle thinking about every brain dead ex-jock going "errr . . .   ummm . . .   ahhh . . . " on my TV every Sunday and Monday (and sometimes Thursday and other sometimes Saturday). I don't need to be Paul Prudhomme to know good food when I eat it, nor Van Morrison (or . . .   you know . . .   whomever) to recognize good music. When I hear someone say "That guy probably never played a down in his life," I get a mental image of some frustrated arrested adolescent who peaked in high school and strokes his own ego by constantly reminding himself that it's not just himself . . .   everybody s*cks.

Either that or I am entirely wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

In Response to Ron Borges’ latest rant:
    [QUOTE]I thought this A_HOLE was banished to some small town paper! Why was he allowed to come back and bad mouth our teams?Someone should tar and feather hin proper and send him packing to Finland or some other place that he deserves. Of course this is just my opinion.....I could be wrong!
    Posted by rusco[/QUOTE]

Hey! what do you have against Finland. Send him someplace really awful like New Jersey or Minnesota.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ron Borges’ latest rant : Hey! what do you have against Finland. Send him someplace really awful like New Jersey or Minnesota.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

Take him too Detroit! (Kentucky Fried Movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09GtnWdBjc

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]if you're wrong i just dont know what right is... add bob ryan, dan shaugnessy, gaspar and breer to the list
    Posted by 81pats12[/QUOTE]

Try to remember that Both the Globe and Herald are owned by NYC based companies.

Sections
Shortcuts