Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test?

Let me start out by saying I'm not a Ron Brace basher.  But, the fact that he didn't pass the conditioning test has me worried about his motivation/drive.  Could he possibly been hurt when he first took the test?  Or, did he simply show up to camp not in shape?  If the latter is true, that is what worries me about him.  If Ty Warren dosen't get hurt this guy may still be on the outside looking in. 
      Any thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

Re: Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test?

In Response to Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test?:
    [QUOTE] If Ty Warren dosen't get hurt this guy may still be on the outside looking in.    Any thoughts? 
    [/QUOTE]

Ty Warren was put on season ending IR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let his play on the field show who he is or isn't.  I learned a long time ago that the media tends to pounce on certain guys and when they do they're forever a target.  Brace has become a target as a homegrown 2nd round pick and since he was the heir apparent to Wilfork when drafted he has been unjustly expected to be Wilfork from day 1.  We don't know if he was hurt, failed a physical or conditioning run.  He'll either pan out or he won't, and I'll reserve judgement until then. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ebuddha. Show ebuddha's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test?:
    [QUOTE]In short....the fat bastid is a PUS*Y!
    Posted by gordotomase[/QUOTE]

I just don't think it's going to work out here in N.E., because he's a local kid. Too many distractions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test? : Ty Warren was put on season ending IR.
    Posted by ebuddha[/QUOTE]

That's what I said.  If Ty Warren didn't get hurt and put IR then Brace would still be on the sidelines.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Atleast that's what I meant.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Is it a certainty he failed the conditioning test because he is fat and stupid or could he have had a minor injury

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

So what's the difference between Brace and myself since I can't pass the Patriots conditioning test either. Oh yea, it's his freaking JOB!!! 

He get's paid to show up to work, ready to do his job. That's a problem.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test? : MY thoughts are thusly stated....Brace is a useless, not very intelligent FAT BASTID who will be out of the NFLonce his contract is up, if not sooner....unfortunately, this injury to Warren has merely given the fat bastid another chance to eat like a pig in fron tof his teammates...Just a useless pile of pigcrap...he doesn't say much for the bC football program, BC as an education institution, because the rumor is he's too stupid to remember defensive formations and responsibilities ( I mean hes a def. Lineman!  it's left, right, or straight ahead, or read and react...he's not being asked to drop into pass coverage!), and the pats far-too-mentioned as vaunted scouting staff under scott pioli!.. In short....the fat bastid is a PUS*Y!
    right because BC hasn't produced anyone else who has gone to the pros and excelled (i.e., Flutie, Ryan, Nalen, et.al)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test? : MY thoughts are thusly stated....Brace is a useless, not very intelligent FAT BASTID who will be out of the NFLonce his contract is up, if not sooner....unfortunately, this injury to Warren has merely given the fat bastid another chance to eat like a pig in fron tof his teammates...Just a useless pile of pigcrap...he doesn't say much for the bC football program, BC as an education institution, because the rumor is he's too stupid to remember defensive formations and responsibilities ( I mean hes a def. Lineman!  it's left, right, or straight ahead, or read and react...he's not being asked to drop into pass coverage!), and the pats far-too-mentioned as vaunted scouting staff under scott pioli!.. In short....the fat bastid is a PUS*Y!

That's quite a rant. Aside from the vitriol, I was wondering if you could give us any substantial reasoning for your apparent intense dislike. Perhaps your rant has as much validity as your screen name. I'm not sure what the "gordo" part of your name is referencing, but the "tomase" part sure doesn't give me confidence in anything you say. I'd be real curious, in lieu of Pats fans feelings about tomase, why you chose that moniker, as well. Are you not to be taken seriously or are you here just to antagonize Pats fans, is that it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Man there's a lot of negativity on this thread.  May I humbly suggest that we cut the kid some slack and see how he performs on the field?  The fact that he failed the conditioning test doesn't necessarily mean that he was out of shape; he may have had a minor injury.

I'd be surprised if he was allowed to practice based solely on Ty Warren's going on IR.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'd like to find out if he failed the conditioning test because of:
    A.  A hammy
    B.  Mononucleosis
    C.  Smoking heroin every night killed his stamina
    D.  Premium ice cream and general depression

For either of the first two, Brace's motivation should not be questioned.  Brace was playing so-so as a rookie and maybe he'll blossom a bit in his second year. 

For the last two, ditch the guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

I read where he had a strained abdominal muscle.  (a.k.a a tummy ache)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'd like to point out that the report from the Herald of a failed conditioning test was dubious, did not name a source and is unconfirmed by any other news outlet.  In fact they didn't even provide a source in their story.  The whole thing came from an interview with Caserio where he was asked if Brace had passed the condidtioning test.  Caserio said he hadn't passed the test and was hoping he would be ready soon to take his conditioning test and begin practice. 

Taken in context the comments from Caserio made it sound like he had not even taken the test for some reason.  But what was reported was the quote "Brace did not pass the conditioning test."  Which obviously could mean he never took it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test? : I think we have a lot of trolls posing as Pats fans to try to pretend this team somehow will be mediocre or bad.

russ, I think you hit the nail on the head. It's amazing how the Boston.com forums for the Red Sox and the Celtics, and now apparently the Patriots, are inundated with trolls. I visit, but don't post, at other fan forums just to see what they are saying and thinking. Nowhere have I found anything close to what we experience on the Boston boards. I can only attribute it to the success the Boston teams have had over the past decade or so. There seems to be a lot of jealousy out there. Unfortunately it's always the dumbest and the worst of the opposing fans that come here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]I have no idea what goes on in other fans forums because i dont go to other fans forums.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Um, I'm not sure why you're throwing this out there. I was the only one to mention other forums in a response that was clearly addressed to russ. I made it clear that I don't post at other forums, but at times, particularly when a big game is coming up, I like to see what the other team's fans are thinking. It's just a way to broaden my understanding of a game. I guess you don't do that ... I'm glad you let everybody know ... I guess ... um ... good for you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test?:
    [QUOTE] Let me start out by saying I'm not a Ron Brace basher.  But, the fact that he didn't pass the conditioning test has me worried about his motivation/drive.  Could he possibly been hurt when he first took the test?  Or, did he simply show up to camp not in shape?  If the latter is true, that is what worries me about him.  If Ty Warren dosen't get hurt this guy may still be on the outside looking in.    Any thoughts? 
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

Then he passed it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I was just wondering.  Don't like to hear that a player didn't pass the conditioning test.  It indicates that there may a lack of commitment to his job/team.  On the other hand if he were injured then I suspect he would not even be made to take the test until able.  All I know is what I have read.  He failed the test.  Wether it's true or not, I can't say.  Apparently he's passed it and is back on the field only after missing 22 practices.  Seems he must have been hurt.  Atleast,  I hope that's the reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

as i vaguely recall, the trusted mike reiss (or was it the pats radio people) supposed that brace failed the test because he was out of shape- that might  account for the impression out there- but i'm not sure there any facts that support this view.
    this is going to be a long season if the d-line doesnt prove competent

[QUOTE]I was just wondering.  Don't like to hear that a player didn't pass the conditioning test.  It indicates that there may a lack of commitment to his job/team.  On the other hand if he were injured then I suspect he would not even be made to take the test until able.  All I know is what I have read.  He failed the test.  Wether it's true or not, I can't say.  Apparently he's passed it and is back on the field only after missing 22 practices.  Seems he must have been hurt.  Atleast,  I hope that's the reason.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Not everyone can be a Sebastian Vollmer - good right out of the shoot.  Cut Brace some slack and let's see how he does.

If in fact we do have 'trolls' dropping by just to stir the pot with negativity, to them I would pose but one question:

Are you that dimensionally challenged that you have to make up for your 'shortcomings' by thread-crapping? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

It's amazing how the Boston.com forums for the Red Sox and the Celtics, and now apparently the Patriots, are inundated with trolls.

Everyone hates a winner.

I don't recall Reiss saying he was out of shape and I read him at least 2x a day. Brace is a second year man. Cut him some slack. what about watson was he a bust? A thomas? We need depth on the D-line. Brace doing well will be necessary before the seasons out or we'll probably be gassed come playoff time. Some on here were saying Merriweather and Chung were busts last year. Brace will be fine, he has some of the best players in the league to learn from.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It's easy for me to assume that the Patriots are going on to their tenth year in a row of a 10-6 to 16-0 season (my best guess, 14-2).  That kind of sports dynasty attracts trolls nationally.

As for Brace, here's the latest quote: 

On Ron Brace's jump into his second year:
    "There's certain things in the offseason that you can monitor between classroom work, between the offseason coaching sessions and he was headed in the right direction. Unfortunately, he wasn't unable to be out there until yesterday ... . Ron will work and I'm sure try to get himself up to speed. It's good to have him up there and we'll see how he does."

"Wasn't unable" (sic) sounds like a reporting flub.  Reporters often clean up the faulty grammar of sports personalities. 

It really sounds like Cesario was somewhat sticking up for Brace.  The Pats could use a run stopper right about now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I was not trying to start a bash Brace thread here.  I do believe in giving the man a chance.  I realize that it's only his second year and he may indeed turn out to be OK.  Hopefully better than OK.  So, I'm not ready to call him a bust yet which is just plain ridiculous at this point.  I was only worried about the conditioning test thing.  I couldn't help thinking that the reason MAY have been that he was out of shape.  Again, if he was hurt which we don't know for sure,  then OK. 
    Sorry if I made people mad by not writing a totally positive Pats post.  I'm sure if this was another negative post about Laurence Maroney, most everyone would be on board with me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

[QUOTE][QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace Failed Conditioning Test? : I think we have a lot of trolls posing as Pats fans to try to pretend this team somehow will be mediocre or bad. russ, I think you hit the nail on the head. It's amazing how the Boston.com forums for the Red Sox and the Celtics, and now apparently the Patriots, are inundated with trolls. I visit, but don't post, at other fan forums just to see what they are saying and thinking. Nowhere have I found anything close to what we experience on the Boston boards. I can only attribute it to the success the Boston teams have had over the past decade or so. There seems to be a lot of jealousy out there. Unfortunately it's always the dumbest and the worst of the opposing fans that come here.
    Posted by capecodwilly[/QUOTE]

I wish I could agree, but I find this new group of fans typical of the way we New Englanders can be, only most of us saved it for the Jets, Yankee's and whoever else we hated, but I feel this is a new breed of "We want it all now; utter perfection in every Boston player and team.  I live in California now, and have lived in Philly, Maui, and some other places, and we have that negative reputation around the country, but now it is about our own team.  Sure we all make criticisms of our teams at times, but this is ridiculous.  It is like every play during a game is life and death with them, always upset with refs and the league in fixing games.  They are very much like Raider fans in this way, only the Raiders have a reason to be upset at their team, because they have an Old Lost his mind owner, who until this year, looked for the fastest players out there and drafted them whether they could play football or not.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordotomase. Show gordotomase's posts

He's a useless, stupid fat bastid

Sections
Shortcuts