Ron Brace: Looking for an update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatsfan. Show soxpatsfan's posts

Ron Brace: Looking for an update

Any info on why Brace has not played many downs or several inactives?

Bad back?
    Bad attitude?

Mad Jack

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatsfan. Show soxpatsfan's posts

Re: Ron Brace: Looking for an update

Is Ron Brace any good?
    Where is he and why hasnt he been playing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

I'm not sure his status, but Pryor has been very impressive! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I guess he isnt picking it up as quickly as we and BB would like.  A little slow in head maybe

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I did not watch the game, but unless some one tells me otherwise i'll assume that Warren, Fork and Pryor are playing better or looked better in practice. I saw the highlight (crapp Canadian TV) of Moss favoring his left arm ...Is there anything to that ? Aside for being grateful for the bye.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

IMO it's a little early to worry much about Brace.  On the other hand it was good to see Chung and Tate get some burn today.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Myrn Pryr is a BEAST.  he put a lot of pressure on the Bucs QBs this week. . . Brace is probably a work in progress

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unbreakable02215. Show unbreakable02215's posts

I just hope he's not Marquis Hill II as a player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

In Response to Re: Ron Brace: Looking for an update:
    [QUOTE]I just hope he's not Marquis Hill II as a player.
    Posted by unbreakable02215[/QUOTE]
    You could also hope that Ron Brace is every bit of Marquis Hill, the man....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

We might get to see Brace soon if Warren's injury today was serious.

That's one of the things that's great about Belichick.  He will play the better player no matter where they were drafted or how much money they make.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]Myrn Pryr is a BEAST.  he put a lot of pressure on the Bucs QBs this week. . . Brace is probably a work in progress
    Posted by Gulo[/QUOTE]

HE IS a work in progress. He was a run stopper and is learning technique and position

Pryor has always had rushing ability which is one of the reasons he has had an immediate impact. No reason to worry or give up on Brace. He will be a solid NT 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace: Looking for an update : HE IS a work in progress. He was a run stopper and is learning technique and position Pryor has always had rushing ability which is one of the reasons he has had an immediate impact. No reason to worry or give up on Brace. He will be a solid NT 
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

Let's hope Warren is OK. Anyone hear anything.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

This just in from the other Boston newspaper:

Following the game, Warren told the Herald he does not believe the injury is serious. He was limping, but with the upcoming bye week, he doesn’t feel like he’ll miss any time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

I still miss Seymour, I don't trust this guy Brace.  Pats need their Pro bowl DE back.  Make a trade with the Raiders and bring Seymour back!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]I still miss Seymour, I don't trust this guy Brace.  Pats need their Pro bowl DE back.  Make a trade with the Raiders and bring Seymour back!!!!!
    Posted by payingfan[/QUOTE]

OMG!  Please stop!

1) He is not and has not been a pro bowl calibur players for a coupe of years now.

2) he is looking to get a huge payday agter the season, we can't afford him.

3) The trade deadline is past.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]I still miss Seymour, I don't trust this guy Brace.  Pats need their Pro bowl DE back.  Make a trade with the Raiders and bring Seymour back!!!!!

Let it go bro!  I'm sure most of us were taken back and some of us were upset with the trade when it first happend, but he is gone and we have what we been asking for and that is to get younger on defense.

We will never know what BB is thinking but one thing we can count on is that he works his tail off to make this team one of the best in the NFL week in and week out.

I question alot of his moves and get upset when we dont keep good players, but you know what?  Life goes on.  We are fans and they are professionals.  We are having a good season so far and our young guys look pretty good as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Moving right along, Brace will either learn the system or he won't.  He's certainly skilled enough to succeed in the NFL.  Give it some time.

Pryor was a major steal and clearly deserves every minute of playing time he gets.

And, in response to the above quoted post, never mind that what is being proposed is not only impractical but totally un-BB, I think we got the better part of the deal.  Seymour is approaching the back 9 and an Oakland 1st round draft choice in 2011 gives the Pats incredible flexibility. 

Back to back weeks in which we've outscored the oppostion 94 to 7 (yes, I know neither of them has yet to win a game this year) tells me that we are most definitely more than alright.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

Chung, Tate, Pryor, Volmer & Butler.  All rookies.  All contributed yesterday.  And you have to whine about one rookie that isn't playing.  He may be a little slower getting acclimated, he may be stuck behind some better players or maybe, long term, he just won't pan out.  So what!  You can't "hit" on every draft pick.  Oh did I fail to mention Edleman, who was an absolute steal in the draft, and Brian Hoyer an undrafted free agent who is their number # 2 QB.

Ridiculous expectations of fans just kills me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from markc9. Show markc9's posts

[QUOTE]Chung, Tate, Pryor, Volmer & Butler.  All rookies.  All contributed yesterday.  And you have to whine about one rookie that isn't playing.  He may be a little slower getting acclimated, he may be stuck behind some better players or maybe, long term, he just won't pan out.  So what!  You can't "hit" on every draft pick.  Oh did I fail to mention Edleman, who was an absolute steal in the draft, and Brian Hoyer an undrafted free agent who is their number # QB. Ridiculous expectations of fans just kills me.
    Posted by celtfan[/QUOTE]

You forgot Ingram.  The long snapper has played well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Trading Seymour was like buying a Mercedes 9 years ago, using it (although it spent a fair amount of time in the shop), trading it in and driving a BMW for a year and then getting a brand-new Mercedes a year later.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from barrington79. Show barrington79's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ron Brace: Looking for an update : HE IS a work in progress. He was a run stopper and is learning technique and position Pryor has always had rushing ability which is one of the reasons he has had an immediate impact. No reason to worry or give up on Brace. He will be a solid NT 
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

I agree. People also forget that Wilfork had a very rough time in this defense his rookie year as well. NT is a tough position that takes time to master. Have some patience with the kid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

your parents should face charges for creating contaminated waste and human pollution...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Merriweather is another example.  People were calling him a bust his rookie yr because he was a 1st rounder and didn't do too much.  Gotta give young guys at least 2-3 yrs before you can write them off.

Sections
Shortcuts